Am I dreaming to expect Jim Kerr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chocky

Refugee
I noticed Jim Kerr was a guest last night for a charity gig in Glasgow. And Simple Minds are currently rehearsing for a European tour that starts in 2 weeks.

I'm heading up to Glasgow for both nights of U2's concerts this week and figured JK was a fairly high chance of being a guest. Am I gonna be disappointed?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Bono's guested at Simple Minds concerts before. I can't recall if they've ever returned the favour? There's probably some gig in the mid-eighties I'm forgetting.

I don't think they're as friendly as they were in the 80s/early 90s. Jim Kerr has been highly critical of Bono's excursions into the world of politics, meeting up with George W Bush etc.

They played Celebrate as one of the pre-show songs last night. I caught them on their Big Music tour earlier this year and I have to say they're another band who seem to really be enjoying their live music at the moment.

I'm sure JK will be there but can't remember him ever having sung with U2 although obviously its happened the other way round.

Don't expect suggest ;)

Didn't he sing (shout) with them at Werchter 83 in 11 o'clock tick tock?

Have seen Simple Minds twice in recent years and really enjoyed it. But they're not very rock and roll and it's a bit cringe when they try to be. Here's a vid with The Stranglers who are the special guests for the UK shows:

Don't expect suggest ;)

Have seen Simple Minds twice in recent years and really enjoyed it. But they're not very rock and roll and it's a bit cringe when they try to be. Here's a vid with The Stranglers who are the special guests for the UK shows:

I've seen them about 50 times and the last show I saw was fucking awful :lol:

Bono on stage tonight said Simple Minds were there.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom