u2 play 3Arena in December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would have thought they would need at least 6 shows, maybe 8 or 10, to come close to satisfying demand in Ireland. But that interview was done back in January, so things may have moved on since then.

The 3 indoor shows will probably be an entrèe for an outdoor gig or two at Croke next year, by which time everyone will have new presale codes.
I expect to see a lot of exasperated/frustrated/jubilant people on here when these shows go on sale though.

Or they will announce more shows as when the 3 sell out?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Dont think so, end of the arena tour and break before staium tour starts and 1 more date to Croke if needed

I've been holding on to an experience code since december.

God I hope it works out

I didn't get a new code when I renewed...

Not 100% sure if they've fixed that since last tour, I hope they didn't. With 360 I had a presale for the 2009 tour, renewed, got new code when the next batch of tickets went onsale. So I'll have a look at my page when Dublin is announced to see if it still works.

The three shows thing is very odd… Wasn't it supposed to be done in pairs, an innocence night an an experience night? If so, what are they going to do with odd numbers…?

The three shows thing is very odd… Wasn't it supposed to be done in pairs, an innocence night an an experience night? If so, what are they going to do with odd numbers…?
They clearly abandoned the idea, as the New York Times article mentioned.

And even if they hadn't, it's not as if they couldn't just do one extra "innocence" night or whatever.

Oh man.

I'm waiting to hear on a potential Europe trip in 2016. If that doesn't happen, I am going to make Dublin happen. (Assuming I can get even one ticket to one show!)

I should know by the beginning of June if the other trip is a go or not.

Why am I not filthy stinking rich??? :sad:

Dear Lord.

Wait a second, my subscription ends in May, when I renew, I'm able to get another presale code??? Please be yes, please be yes, please be yes.

Also,
The dates are going to be release on the interview? (So the tickets are going to be on sale later this week, or next week), or it's just the confirmation of Dublin shows? Without dates?

They clearly abandoned the idea, as the New York Times article mentioned.

Shame, it was a sweet idea. Although I can definitely see the argument that fans might be pissed, unless there were perhaps discounts for people buying tickets in pairs for both nights.

IIRC, on the last tour you got only got one code for the first leg, no matter if you renewed in the midst of sales, but then they gave codes for the second leg as well. So no new codes for the Dublin shows in December if you renew before the on sale, but we may get new codes for next year's shows.

i hope that it will not between 25 dec. and 31 dec. want that are the date that we not can coming over to Dublin.

Isn't the 3arena laid out in such a way that the I+E stage won't fit into it? It's not a 360 arena, it's more like an amphitheater. Amirite? Never been there, just looking at pictures.

Maybe that's the holdup, they'd have to reconfigure the stage.

Isn't the 3arena laid out in such a way that the I+E stage won't fit into it? It's not a 360 arena, it's more like an amphitheater. Amirite? Never been there, just looking at pictures.

Bono just said in the interview with tony Fenton that the stage won't fit

They could reduce the length of the catwalk, keep the "e" stage and put part of the screen behind the stage.

It's pretty much a certainty they will be playing the 3 arena they just have to re figure the staging

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

The Glasgow Hydro is similar in that it isn't a 360 arena

Just an article I came across - sharing 'as is' not sure how accurate or valid the info contained within it is..

U2 Irish Christmas Gigs Cancelled Tony Fenton interview

A U2 source told Evoke.ie that there will be Irish dates announced at some point but the dates initially revealed to Tony in the original interview became untenable

Sounds just like the Phoenix Park nonsense we had years ago .
I dont think these gigs are going to go ahead.

They are going to play in Dublin, without a doubt. Question is when, and where, but I'm still pretty confident it'll be the 3arena in December.

They are going to play in Dublin, without a doubt. Question is when, and where, but I'm still pretty confident it'll be the 3arena in December.

Well they will obviously play Dublin but will it be indoors is the million dollar question .

Reasons against
Stage wont fit
Capacity too low
Demand too high
Band wont be able to charge 200 euro a ticket for majority of seats,wouldn't go down well with the Irish public

The Irish fans probably didn't buy tickets / use their presales yet for shows in other countries because the band themselves came out and said Dublin shows would be added later in the year. It'd be really shitty of them to back out now.

Dublin is always a nightmare for U2 and from living in the city I personally prefer to see them anywhere bar Dublin

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom