** SPOILERS** The soundcheck thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No line on the horizon is a great song. But for a night five, I really hope they can do better than volcano or ordinary love. Fuck me thats underwhelming.

I guess its only a matter of time before Walk On comes back. :(

Hmm, NLOTH would be interesting, given the lack of a second guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Is that a real typed up list? That's like my mom typed it... they couldn't remember that? they don't have time to sound check all 4 songs... it just feels fake...

Seems legit, given the guy's at the show and other fans heard all the songs listed (bar NLOTH) being rehearsed.

https://twitter.com/mikebara33/status/606261818026160128

Troubles sound checked as well. Ordinary Love/Volcano will be tour debuts and Troubles would be a US debut. A great start to setlist variation but I still think fans expect a bigger curveball to the final night of the first major residency.

Very curious to see if 11:00TT gets the Electric Co/Out of Control slot. Miracle Drug and God's Country are also missing from the LA stand. The ocean/Cat Dubh were rehearsed recently. California has only been 1/4 in LA.

Playboy Mansion not being played in LA will be very odd if it turns up in another city. though I think that may have happed in Miami on Popmart.

edit: NLOTH will be tour debut #3 tonight if played.

I doubt Playboy Mansion will return, but never know. NLOTH only really got played 1-2 days in Vancouver, with a funky weird keyboard part. One Step Closer would be cool, that sounded nice.

More and more I honestly don't care what they play. Since I'm doing 4 NYC shows in a row, I just want them to change it up a bit from night to night like they've been doing.
If NYC shows are similar to how LA was done. I'll be happy.

(But, I'm still holding my breath for Reach. I love that music.)

A: Songs Performed In Full Thus Far (40):

Boy: I Will Follow, The Ocean*, Out of Control, The Electric Co. (4)
October:
War: Sunday Bloody Sunday, 40 (2)
The Unforgettable Fire: Pride, Bad (2)
The Joshua Tree: Where The Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, With or Without You, Bullet The Blue Sky, In God's Country (5)
Rattle & Hum: Desire, Angel of Harlem, When Love Comes To Town, All I Want Is You (4)
Achtung Baby: Even Better Than The Real Thing, One, Until The End Of The World, Mysterious Ways (4)
Zooropa:
Original Soundtracks I:
Pop:
All That You Can't Leave Behind: Beautiful Day, Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Elevation (3)
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb: Vertigo, Miracle Drug, City of Blinding Lights (3)
No Line On The Horizon:
Songs of Innocence: The Miracle (of Joey Ramone), Every Breaking Wave, California (There Is No End To Love), Song for Someone, Iris (Hold Me Close), Volcano, Raised By Wolves, Cedarwood Road, The Troubles (9)

Non-Album: 11 O'Clock Tick Tock*, The Sweetest Thing, Ordinary Love, Invisible (4)

* = KROQ show only

B: Rehearsed And Then Later Appeared As Snippets Only (2):

No Line On The Horizon: Moment of Surrender (1)
Non-Album: The Hands That Built America (1)

C: Heard Rehearsed and/or Appeared On Control Room Screen (10):

Boy: An Cat Dubh (1)
October:
War:
The Unforgettable Fire:
The Joshua Tree: Running To Stand Still (1)
Rattle & Hum:
Achtung Baby: The Fly (acoustic), Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World (acoustic) (2)
Zooropa: Numb (1)
Original Soundtracks I:
Pop: Playboy Mansion (1)
All That You Can't Leave Behind:
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb: One Step Closer (1)
No Line On The Horizon: Magnificent, No Line On The Horizon (acoustic) (2)
Songs of Innocence:

Non-album: The Ground Beneath Her Feet (acoustic) (1)

Full Band Run-Throughs: Running To Stand Still, Playboy Mansion, Elevation, One Step Closer, Magnificent (5)
Acoustic Only Run-Throughs: The Fly, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, No Line On The Horizon, The Ground Beneath Her Feet (4)
Edge-Only Run-Through Confirmed: An Cat Dubh (1)
Seen on Control Room Screen: Numb (1)

D: Presumed To Have Been Rehearsed But I Have Yet To See Solid Enough Confirmation (8):

Boy: Into The Heart (1)
October:
War:
The Unforgettable Fire:
The Joshua Tree:
Rattle & Hum:
Achtung Baby: Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (1)
Zooropa: Stay (1)
Original Soundtracks I:
Pop: If You Wear That Velvet Dress (1)
All That You Can't Leave Behind: In A Little While (1)
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb:
No Line On The Horizon:
Songs Of Innocence: Sleep Like A Baby Tonight, This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now (2)

Non-Album: The Crystal Ballroom (1)

E: Lyrics Appeared Only As A Snippet In A Live Show (2):

Pop: Mofo (1)
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb: Love and Peace or Else (1)

Totals:

Played In Full: 40
Rehearsed And Later Appeared In Snippet Form: 2 (42)
Heard Rehearsed and/or Appeared On Control Room Screen: 10 (52)
Presumed Rehearsed: 8 (60)

Album Totals:

Boy: 4 Live Songs (I Will Follow/Ocean/OOC/Electric) + 1 Rehearsal (An Cat Dubh) + 1 Presumed Rehearsal (Into The Heart) (6)
October: (0)
War: 2 Live Songs (SBS/40) (2)
The Unforgettable Fire: 2 Live Songs (Pride/Bad) (2)
The Joshua Tree: 5 Live Songs (Streets/ISHFWILF/WOWY/Bullet/IGC) + 1 Rehearsal (RTSS) (6)
Rattle & Hum: 4 Live Songs (Desire/AoH/WLCTT/AIWIY) (4)
Achtung Baby: 4 Live Songs (EBTTRT/One/UTEOTW/MW)+ 2 Rehearsals (Fly/TTTYAATW) +1 Presumed Rehearsal (WGRYWH) (7)
Zooropa: 1 Control Room Screen Appearance (Numb) + 1 Presumed Rehearsal (Stay) (2)
Original Soundtracks I: (0)
Pop: 1 Rehearsal (Playboy Mansion) + 1 Presumed Rehearsal (Velvet Dress) + 1 Appearance Of Lyrics As A Snippet (Mofo) (3)
All That You Can't Leave Behind: 3 Live Songs (BD/Stuck/Elevation)+ 1 Presumed Rehearsal (IALW) (4)
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb: 3 Live Songs (Vertigo/MD/COBL) + 1 Rehearsal (OSC) (4)
No Line On The Horizon: 1 Rehearsal Turned Snippet (MoS) + 2 More Rehearsals (NLOTH/Magnificent) (3)
Songs Of Innocence: 9 Live Songs + 2 Presumed Rehearsals (Reach/Baby) (11)

Non-Album: 4 Live Songs (11OTT/Sweetest Thing/OL/Invisible) + 1 Rehearsal Turned Snippet (Hands) + 1 Rehearsal (TGBHF) + 1 Presumed Rehearsal (Crystal Ballroom) (7)

A: Songs Performed In Full Thus Far (40):

Zooropa:
Pop:

This makes me sad :sad::sad::sad:
I know they have a HUGE back catalogue, the 90's was their "experiemental" time but man there are so absolutely bloody amazing songs on these albums that need an airing.

I know i know, Beautiful Day and WOWY and One and SBS will always be there for the casuals, and i really don't think these setlists are shit, i love the new album so I am loving the shows, but really? REALLY?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! PLAY ME SOME LEMON!!! :pray: :bonocrab:

I know they have a HUGE back catalogue, the 90's was their "experiemental" time but man there are so absolutely bloody amazing songs on these albums that need an airing.

I know i know, Beautiful Day and WOWY and One and SBS will always be there for the casuals, and i really don't think these setlists are shit, i love the new album so I am loving the shows, but really? REALLY?

There's no way Bono can pull that one off anymore. :lol: Maybe Edge could do the falsetto parts?

Just awoke from a dream where I was in gA and they wrapped up the show with Love is Blindness and then started the Gloria intro but it morphed into a cover of 'Party Hard' by Andrew WK. So confused

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I reckon he could give it a go! :lol:
I'm just bitter I was too young for zootv and pop to hear it live. :angry:

Don't feel bad. Lemon has only been performed ten times, all on the Zoomerang leg of ZooTV (Aus/NZ/Japan), and snippeted just twice. I think its appearance on the Sydney concert video makes it seem more common than it really was. (props to u2gigs.com for the info)

Don't feel bad. Lemon has only been performed ten times, all on the Zoomerang leg of ZooTV (Aus/NZ/Japan), and snippeted just twice. I think its appearance on the Sydney concert video makes it seem more common than it really was. (props to u2gigs.com for the info)

Holy shit only that many times?? For some reason I've never really looked at the popmart set lists just assumed since they had a giant lemon on stage the song was a part of the set lists but it was only snippeted once! UnbeliviAble!

Well now I hold no hope, but I still love it anyway :crack: thanks for letting me know :wave:

Holy shit only that many times?? For some reason I've never really looked at the popmart set lists just assumed since they had a giant lemon on stage the song was a part of the set lists but it was only snippeted once! UnbeliviAble!

On that tour, the Lemon Perfecto Mix played over the PA while the lemon was wheeled out, but the band never performed the song other than that one snippet in Oslo - which coincidentally was a night the lemon didn't open, and the band had to exit through an emergency hatch.

Well now I hold no hope, but I still love it anyway :crack: thanks for letting me know :wave:

U2gigs.com is a wonderful resource.

Playing songs from their brave period doesn't translate to their version of relevance. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom