** SPOILERS** The soundcheck thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And An Cat Dubh is not gonna be played especially if that is a song Edge used as an example in an interview about "rarities" not being played.

We didn't think they'd play Electric Co. either, and it's a long tour. I have a feeling they'll whip it out at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

As someone who doesn't play guitar, that is baffling to me that he could play it just fine 30 years ago as a "newer" guitarist but can't play it now. I guess it could be like an athlete losing a step, but I haven't heard of it before.

I was thinking the same thing. :shrug:

As someone who doesn't play guitar, that is baffling to me that he could play it just fine 30 years ago as a "newer" guitarist but can't play it now. I guess it could be like an athlete losing a step, but I haven't heard of it before.

Right? If my friends and I can whip it together in three rehearsals, Edge can do it. I mean, he's The Fucking Edge.

I'm hoping they remember the rest of boy - ATAP and A Day Without Me are two of the most fun live songs of the early 80s for then

Multiple people have reported AIWIY on Twitter.

Also reports of California, The Miracle, and WLCTT.

Soundcheck "setlist", taken at the e stage:

CGnkNXAUcAAdMXW.jpg

https://twitter.com/NateU2/status/606266550820048896/photo/1

https://twitter.com/mikebara33/status/606261818026160128

Troubles sound checked as well. Ordinary Love/Volcano will be tour debuts and Troubles would be a US debut. A great start to setlist variation but I still think fans expect a bigger curveball to the final night of the first major residency.

Very curious to see if 11:00TT gets the Electric Co/Out of Control slot. Miracle Drug and God's Country are also missing from the LA stand. The ocean/Cat Dubh were rehearsed recently. California has only been 1/4 in LA.

Playboy Mansion not being played in LA will be very odd if it turns up in another city. though I think that may have happed in Miami on Popmart.

edit: NLOTH will be tour debut #3 tonight if played.

Troubles sound checked as well. Ordinary Love/Volcano will be tour debuts and Troubles would be a US debut. A great start to setlist variation but I still think fans expect a bigger curveball to the final night of the first major residency.

Very curious to see if 11:00TT gets the Electric Co/Out of Control slot. Miracle Drug and God's Country are also missing from the LA stand. The ocean/Cat Dubh were rehearsed recently. California has only been 1/4 in LA.

Playboy Mansion not being played in LA will be very odd if it turns up in another city. though I think that may have happed in Miami on Popmart.

Miami was dropped at the beginning of Popmart's 3rd leg, but they did play it in Miami, and then never again.

I really hope 11:00 / The Ocean gets played tonight. I'm so sick of "I will follow", I'd take ANY song from Boy (or Boy era... or from any other album) in it's place.

I hope I don't get an acoustic version of "Ordinary Love" at my show.
I hope I DO get NLOTH at my show.

Volcano and California were 2 songs that I thought would be a LOCK for being played every night. I'm quite surprised.

COBL does NOT need to be a staple. I know the band seem to really love it, but it's not essential, and needs to be rotated out with something. Miracle Drug doesn't really seem to be working.

Of all the NLOTH songs to be the first on its followup tour, didn't expect this. Thought MOS or Boots had a better shot just because they actually lasted for all of 360.

Is that a real typed up list? That's like my mom typed it... they couldn't remember that? they don't have time to sound check all 4 songs... it just feels fake...

Seriously, Ordinary Love (acoustic, no less) and Volcano for night 5? They're running out of bad songs to play instead of the good ones. If they're going to keep introducing songs, they'll hit on something worthwhile by default.

COBL does NOT need to be a staple. I know the band seem to really love it, but it's not essential, and needs to be rotated out with something. Miracle Drug doesn't really seem to be working.

Nah, the audience loves COBL. Worked a lot better at the I&E shows I attended recently than a lot of the war horse material...hell, it overshadowed everything else in the encores either night. Weirdly enough, beyond touching upon some of the major hits (and yes, the crowd energy is much, much better during the second half of these shows for that very reason), COBL might be the next most essential piece night-in-and-night out.

Back
Top Bottom