How many shows so far..??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All 4 Amsterdam shows ,
and London night 5 + 6.

Wouldv'e gone to Dublin but it was too hard to get tickets. And couldn't get off on such short notice.

Amsterdam 3/4, Stockholm 1/2, Barcelona 1/2, London. 1/4/5 and 6 and Dublin 3/4 next weekend....lucky they only tour every 4-5 years!

Man I envy you people who went to several shows. I was only able to get away from my life for 1 show, and even at that I had clients and colleagues calling me wanting this and that. I couldn't even take 2 days off of work. It's hard to escape into U2 Land when people are constantly texting "what time will you be back tomorrow? I need you to Blah blah nah".

Not trying to throw a pity party for myself, I'm just amazed that some of you are able to get that much time off work, and I'm thinking about what I need to do to make my life more like that. The more you work, the more work they make you do.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

Man I envy you people who went to several shows. I was only able to get away from my life for 1 show, and even at that I had clients and colleagues calling me wanting this and that. I couldn't even take 2 days off of work. It's hard to escape into U2 Land when people are constantly texting "what time will you be back tomorrow? I need you to Blah blah nah".

Not trying to throw a pity party for myself, I'm just amazed that some of you are able to get that much time off work, and I'm thinking about what I need to do to make my life more like that. The more you work, the more work they make you do.

Matter of planning for me. I know when the tours happen from the info we gather on here, I hardly ask for time off on other events, U2 shows were my holidays last tour (add a couple days of sightseeing to my travels, great way of holidaying!). So my work knows my fandom and they're okay with it. I save up a lot between tours to make it happen financially, and when I need the time off, work's willing to give me that.

If works make you do a lot of things without giving back, I wonder what kind of job you have. Most jobs you should get back from what you give.

Well if it makes you feel any better, it at least sounds like you have a decent payed, full time job.
That's a luxury for most people my age in my country right now. We get shitty unreliable flex-contracts , with shit pay, and the ONLY benefit you have is that it gives you some leverage about your days off. (Becuase you probably have more days off than work anyway)

I start to save up for U2 as soon as they quit touring. That's why I can still afford the GA tickets. Other than that. I don't know. Sometimes I wish I was in your shoes and have more work. (I usually have 2 actual jobs at the same time, and do freelance stuff like photography , webdesign and portraiture next to that to keep the money coming.. I'm not lazy or throwing in the towel)

Ah well. Grass is always greener on the other side eh. :wink:

Fairly certain I only took one day off to get to those 4 shows. I went to work two of those days. There was really no need to leave early to get a good GA spot.

True that. I took off two days because I wanted to hang out with mates on the day of the first two shows, as they were only in the country/area for those shows we made it a fun day. The saturday show I worked early morning, and the last show was a sunday so I was off anyway.

Chicago 3 6/28
Boston 4 7/15
NY 3 and 4 7/22&23

Seats for 2, GA for 2. Loved every minute of all four.

Well if it makes you feel any better, it at least sounds like you have a decent payed, full time job.

That's a luxury for most people my age in my country right now. We get shitty unreliable flex-contracts , with shit pay, and the ONLY benefit you have is that it gives you some leverage about your days off. (Becuase you probably have more days off than work anyway)

I start to save up for U2 as soon as they quit touring. That's why I can still afford the GA tickets. Other than that. I don't know. Sometimes I wish I was in your shoes and have more work. (I usually have 2 actual jobs at the same time, and do freelance stuff like photography , webdesign and portraiture next to that to keep the money coming.. I'm not lazy or throwing in the towel)

Ah well. Grass is always greener on the other side eh. :wink:

The grass is always greener for sure! ;)

I understand that I'm lucky to have the career that I do. I'm able to make enough money so that my wife only has to work part time, so that she can be at home with our kids (ages 2 and 4). I like what I do, but it's pretty demanding of my schedule. The last time I had an entire week off of work was my honeymoon in 2008. We never travel, which is hard to do with young kids anyway. I have a convention in Louisville each year (which is technically work) and I went to see U2 in Chicago... Other than that, I haven't left ohio in years.

I only took off 8 days of work to see the 18 concerts I went to.

Unfortunately I like in Ohio, which U2 seemingly don't think is worthy. During 360 I went to shows in Michigan and Pittsburgh, and both times made it home by 4am and went to work a few hours later. It sucked, but I didn't have to take the day off.

:hug: They have not been close to you yet? or did you miss out because of other reasons.

They didn't come to the southern US at all, and my travel schedule was too hectic already over the summer to fit in a trip to one of the few shows that I could have conceivably made (i.e. weekend shows). Hopefully next year!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I have to do the travelling for the London shows- getting home at 2.30am is knackering which is why I "only" made it to 4 of the 6 shows...a very insignificant problem relattive to recent events admittedly

I base my time off mostly around going to concerts across europe

Vancouver 1 & 2.

Those were going to be my only shows.

Then I spontaneously decided to go to Phoenix 1 & 2.

And then thanks to a friend with very excellent ticket-buying luck, I'm going to Dublin 1 & 2 as well. :faint:

Work-wise? I've been at my job forever and have five weeks of vacation. So the time off isn't an issue. :)

The nature of my job is largely seasonal. I could completely take off August and mid-Feb to mid-March and nobody would notice. But U2 never tours during my downtime. :(

The week U2 were in Chicago (the closest city to me U2 played this year) in late June, is one of the busiest weeks I have. We've come to know it as "hell week".

Only 3 - Boston 3 and NY 5 & 7. My favorite of the 3 was the Boston one w Crystal Ballroom/Miss You. I will definitely make up for the low number of shows when the next leg starts.

Sent from my SM-G900V using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom