GA/Floor - is there a disabled area/seating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I busted my kneecap literally the day after I bought tickets for the shows. I'm mobile and walk with a bit of a limp, but I might have an interesting time standing for 3 hours. I'll let you know how I make out in Vancouver - I'm taking my cane with me to lean on - it's collapsible which is good, don't need to take it out unless I need it. Good luck.

:wave:

I`ve also injured my knee, doing a Bono:doh: I was hit by a car when cycling home on Good Friday. Still waiting for a MRI scan to see what the damage is, probably torn PCL and meniscus. I`m hoping it doesn`t require surgery though I`ve got a good chance of recovery before the London shows even if I do. But I don`t think I`ll be doing the all day queuing event this time:sad:

Congrats on the pregnancy, anitram and madonna's child.

Another pregnant lady here.
I'm doing GA for both San Jose shows.
I'll be 25 weeks at that time.
My plan is to see where the "back" of the floor is with this set up.
And that's where I'll hang out.

Congrats!!

Would you mind updating us post-Vancouver? I would be interested in seeing how you found it.

Congrats on the whole being pregnant thing! ;)

Take the swap. The ACC clubs I think are going to offer quite a good view for this type of show with the stage setup they've got planned.

PS - Maybe you can tell them you've got a friend who will readily purchase the GAs immediately from them (i.e. DaveC). Maybe he can just go down there with you and they swap them on the spot. Might be worth a shot...they don't have to put them back into circulation and get an immediate sale out of it! :shrug:

Ok, but when they cancel them they will be "available", right? She's no longer a part of the equation, someone else i.e. Dave was just there at the right time to scoop em.

I dunno. Whatever. Seems like it would be a lot of work anyways. Just wish Dave had tix.

Thanks for trying to figure it out, man. Good lookin' out :hi5:

If you don't have to be front row or rail, GA is doable, while pregnant (depending on how far along you are - 25 weeks for me during the SJ shows).
Of course, it could be different for each city.
But in SJ the floor wasn't too cramped or crowded going from center back board to back b-stage.
And it was easy to walk and move around. (The SF Bay Area crowd is kinda chill/relax.)
I definitely started to feel my legs towards the end of the show.
Wouldn't have minded having a seat at that point. LOL
The next morning I woke up with sore hips.
But that kind of went away once I got out of bed and moving.
I did GA for the 2nd SJ show as well.

There's a nice picture in the Phoenix 1 setlist party to give you an idea what the situation on the floor looks like (add a couple more towards the back as this is a picture when the show didn't start yet) : http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f316/phoenix-1-setlist-party-218644-5.html#post7953805

Awesome, thanks very much. Yeah, that does not look too crowded at all.

ACC gave me another option - to come with the GA tix the day of and they can let me know what 100s seats are available. The lady on the phone was super nice, saying that since I have GAs, she wouldn't want me downgrading too much. So I think I'll just show the first night and see what's out there.

Awesome, thanks very much. Yeah, that does not look too crowded at all.

ACC gave me another option - to come with the GA tix the day of and they can let me know what 100s seats are available. The lady on the phone was super nice, saying that since I have GAs, she wouldn't want me downgrading too much. So I think I'll just show the first night and see what's out there.

I forgot to mention that in San Jose, they did have a seating area at the back of GA for people in wheelchairs or with a handicap (broken legs).

If you go for 100s seats, definitely go for the sides!

Back
Top Bottom