Are these the added dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably next week, or maybe wait until after Christmas, we'll see added dates in

- LA 2 shows to make 6 (I don't know if they'll get to 8 dates)
- They might throw in another city to take up the proposed dates of LA7 and LA8.
- Chicago 2 more shows to make 6, (either on June 20-21 or July 2-3)
- Toronto (It's gonna happen, they just might have to knock the $300 upper level seats down to 110)
- NYC 2 more shows to make 8 (probably on July 30-31)

- 2 extra shows in Barcelona
- 2 extra shows in Cologne
- 2 extra shows in London
- the Dublin dates

WHY are they only doing 2 shows in Italy? Isn't Italy their biggest fan base per capita outside of Ireland? They could add 2 shows to Turin on August 31 and Sept 1.

Ticketmaster experts, what do recommend? I was shut out yesterday, and I'm wondering if it was because I was looking for 4 "cheap seats" to the Boston 7/11 show. Is it crazy to try to buy 4 tix at a time? Trying to accommodate my family of 4, but maybe I should try for 2 and 2 somehow. I didn't re-up my membership for a code because I was looking for 4 tickets, but now I'm wondering if pre-sale is the only way to guarantee getting into the Boston shows. Thanks.

Ticketmaster experts, what do recommend? I was shut out yesterday, and I'm wondering if it was because I was looking for 4 "cheap seats" to the Boston 7/11 show. Is it crazy to try to buy 4 tix at a time? Trying to accommodate my family of 4, but maybe I should try for 2 and 2 somehow. I didn't re-up my membership for a code because I was looking for 4 tickets, but now I'm wondering if pre-sale is the only way to guarantee getting into the Boston shows. Thanks.

if possible, I would go to physical outlet if you need 4 together.

For the newly added shows what time do pre-sale ticket sales for innocence group subscribers start? I know its Thursday 11 December but I cant find info. on the start time.

I'm specifically interested in the 2 MSG shows.

Thanks

That's LiveNation for ya.

like i said in another thread, funny, people go to resale sites (because of stuff like this press release) these days before actually checking to see if tickets are sold out. i mean, who buys a ticket for Phoenix on ticketexchange/stubhub when the seat next to it is available at face value at the same time. :doh:

U2 taking over NYC for over a week? Possible for the rest of the band, but I don't know for Bono. The way things are going, by night 6, he might have to be zipping around the stage in a motorized wheelchair. And it goes without saying that as this will be taking place during cycling weather, he should have an honor vanguard of fans accompanying him wherever he goes, to ensure he avoids injury. And of course we will all be making sure he avoids bicycles and even Central Park, bringing reverse voodoo dolls or something. :lol:

But seriously...even more dates...it might sound crazy, but never underestimate LN greed.

Speaking of LN/TM greed...imagine the touts this morning. Suddenly those hot closing night $300+'ers are just meh seats in a show in the middle of the bunch. Be interesting to watch what happens the next few days..where are those "bragging rights" now?:lol:

Would it be worth going to the actual box office to try and buy tickets on Monday?

Cheap seats are definitely the toughest. I have a VIP account with the Garden from previous Bruins group ticket packages, so I can probably pull 4 together from the Sportsdeck, but they're like $160 a pop. Rough.

Well this sucks. Thought I had closing night at msg. Now it's just the middle of the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm not sure if we can compare Boston to LA, but yesterday (day 1 public sale) I searched for 4 seats together at the $100 level, and they were popping up within minutes. I even returned 1 set and another (hopefully better! lol) set came up just seconds later.

I'm not sure if we can compare Boston to LA, but yesterday (day 1 public sale) I searched for 4 seats together at the $100 level, and they were popping up within minutes. I even returned 1 set and another (hopefully better! lol) set came up just seconds later.

LA is a far easier ticket market. I'm guessing it's mostly because we don't have jack shit to do here in comparison. Right now, it's 45 degrees and pouring rain. We have no choice but to sit inside, bitch about our sports teams, and scour ticket websites - while you're busy doing fucking slackline yoga at Venice Beach with the beautiful people.

Dammit.

I wonder if there will be a 2nd wave of new shows added this time next week?

What other gaps were there,i know of the two in london and toronto but what else is there?

I posted this only fifteen or so posts above yours: :tongue:

In case anybody is wondering, here are the remaining gaps where extra shows could be announced - sticking rigidly to the two days on/two days off pattern.

After 4x LA: 3, 4, 8, 9 June
After 4x Montreal: 20, 21 June (could be used for Chicago rather than Montreal)
After 4x Chicago: 2, 3 July (could be used for Toronto rather than Chicago)
After 6x NYC: 30, 31 July
After 2x Barcelona: 9, 10 October (the first two shows have only gone on sale today, hence any extras not being added in this announcement)
After 2x Cologne: 21, 22 October
After 4x London: 2, 3 November

There is also, of course, room after 4x Paris but previous rumours suggested the total amount of shows there would be four. They could also keep going into August in NYC but rumours suggest the residency is limited to 18-31 July.

They could also squeeze in two more Berlin dates to bring its total to six if they were willing to have one rest period only a day long rather than two days long.

6 shows at msg? Has this ever happened? I wonder if set list duration is going to go down.

On Vertigo's third leg they did five at MSG in October 2005 and two more in December for a total of seven. Variation wasn't bad, but not quite as off the hook on night five as some of us necessarily hoped.

The record for most shows in a single city on a single leg of a tour is eight in Sydney on Lovetown, or for consecutive shows it's seven in Melbourne on Lovetown.

WHY are they only doing 2 shows in Italy? Isn't Italy their biggest fan base per capita outside of Ireland? They could add 2 shows to Turin on August 31 and Sept 1.

This absolutely baffles me. I've said many times they could spend a whole month playing Italy if they wanted to - in stadiums. There were rumours they were going to do shows in Milan in October, rumours that persisted almost up to the announcement of the tour, so I wonder what happened to that, if negotiations fell through at a late stage.

With the first two barca dates going onsale today,if/when they announce anymore,that could be the time when they announce 2 more in london and koln. There the only possible extra europearn dates left (bar dublin)

This will probaly happen next tuesday,then they will go down the presale route

Fingers crossed anyway.

On Vertigo's third leg they did five at MSG in October 2005 and two more in December for a total of seven. Variation wasn't bad, but not quite as off the hook on night five as some of us necessarily hoped.

The two more were in November, just before Thanksgiving.

Biggest variation for the second two was the addition of Patti Smith as the opener and guest for Instant Karma. I believe she spit on the stage and yelled at Larry the second night.

Ah that's right, posting on the run I just recalled the final two being close to a holiday and thought first of Christmas.

Maybe the rest of the dates will be added next year now. Just thinking if they add the extra dates next tuesday after the monday general sale and go down the pre sale route,they would go on general sale the following monday which is the 22nd of december, thats xmas week.
Being xmas week that may put them off

atu2 @atu2
Billboard:"While more shows will surely be added, it is doubtful that any more shows or on-sales will be announced until after the holidays"

On a side note--theoeiii, it's great to hear that LA is getting rain, with the epic drought and all. How much rain that you have you gotten so far and will this help allieviate CA's situation any?

The two more were in November, just before Thanksgiving.

Biggest variation for the second two was the addition of Patti Smith as the opener and guest for Instant Karma. I believe she spit on the stage and yelled at Larry the second night.

She did. I was in the ellipse right up front. We were cheated out of 40 because of it. To this day I can't stand her.

For anyone in Minnesota, Star Tribune says 'big' concert announcment on Thursday. They seem to think it will be U2.

U2? Stones? Guessing Target Center's "major concert" announcement | Artcetera | StarTribune.com

The plot thickens….

Maybe they thought they could do more business in LA. I can see them adding 2 more shows in LA to make 6 (probably June 3-4), but I really doubt they will add #7 and 8 (June 7-8). So those 2 dates will either have to be played elsewhere, or U2 will have to forfeit the money they could potentially earn on those 2 dates. Minneapolis would be interesting, since that is a solid SECOND TIER MARKET for U2. Charging $300 for upper levels seats would be a dumb decision here (or anywhere).

This kind of reminds me of the Rolling Stones 2013 US tour. Extremely high prices made arenas slow to sell, and in some cases, some of their additional shows were never added. 3rd nights in cities like Toronto and Philadelphia were scrapped when the sales for the first 2 weren't exactly stellar, and 1 night stands in Montreal and Washington D.C. were added so that they could at least play SOMEWHERE on those dates.

The plot thickens….

Maybe they thought they could do more business in LA. I can see them adding 2 more shows in LA to make 6 (probably June 3-4), but I really doubt they will add #7 and 8 (June 7-8). So those 2 dates will either have to be played elsewhere, or U2 will have to forfeit the money they could potentially earn on those 2 dates. Minneapolis would be interesting, since that is a solid SECOND TIER MARKET for U2. Charging $300 for upper levels seats would be a dumb decision here (or anywhere).

I think it will be AC/DC. 2015 doesn't make sense for U2 in the Twin Cities with the shows they've already scheduled, although I wish it did.

Back
Top Bottom