To my fellow UKers/Irish folk.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Trafford would be so, so good :yes:

... but because we've all been saying in this thread how much we want them to play Manchester, they obviously won't :lol:

I'll be going to London as well. I'm gonna stay away from the shows in germany because I don't like being pushed and shoved around. you brits know how to queue :)

I'm gonna get 4 tickets for one of the London shows at the pre-sale. I only need 1, but I figure I can swap the rest for the other show.

Old Trafford would be so, so good :yes:

... but because we've all been saying in this thread how much we want them to play Manchester, they obviously won't :lol:

Well they did for Vertigo, 2 shows I think?

I dunno what sort of concert arenas Manchester has, last time I went I was about 6. -___- But I was hoping for a Manchester gig, since I can get a direct flight there and back. Cardiff was hellish to get to. :huh: Id imagine London would be way to busy etc.

When the dates are released on Monday, anyone up for doing swaps and stuff then? I.e. getting 4/2 tickets for one date and someone else do the same for the other? I'm up for doing that :up:

Well they did for Vertigo, 2 shows I think?

I dunno what sort of concert arenas Manchester has, last time I went I was about 6. -___- But I was hoping for a Manchester gig, since I can get a direct flight there and back. Cardiff was hellish to get to. :huh: Id imagine London would be way to busy etc.

I did Cardiff :up: Hard enough to get to for me, and I live on the English/Welsh border :lol:

Good luck with the transport and stuff :up:

Did you have seats or GA? I had GA, but Im trying for seats this time. Just for convienence.

Last time we had to get the ferry to Liverpool, and do a 8ish hour drive there and back. :crack: Its a wonder my dad stayed awake so long. Was probably dangerous looking back, as the show ended at 12-1ish, and we got back to liverpool at about 6-7. :uhoh:

Did you have seats or GA? I had GA, but Im trying for seats this time. Just for convienence.

Last time we had to get the ferry to Liverpool, and do a 8ish hour drive there and back. :crack: Its a wonder my dad stayed awake so long. Was probably dangerous looking back, as the show ended at 12-1ish, and we got back to liverpool at about 6-7. :uhoh:

I had seats.... possible the worst in the stadium? Did make things easier though, the queues went on for hours didn't they?

:yikes: That's quite a journey. Is your dad driving you again this time or will you fly? I suppose flying's quicker although possibly more expensive/awkward. Oh well, if you need any help on the UK end i'm your woman :up:

Well Im hoping to just fly, since it cuts time, but it'll probably be expensive, theres a bit of a monopoly on the airlines here. :|

We actually got there about 5 or something, so everyone was already in. :lol: I got moody cos I was hoping to queue to get at least somewhere near the stage.

Would you say its better to have seats in the sky or sit at the back in GA? If it comes down to it, and I end up having to choose GA, I doubt Ill be queueing, so Ill end up at the back again. :huh: But theres usually those random seats left too after everyones had their pick.

I've never flown to any of the Isles to be honest, so I wouldn't know. That's a bit of a bollock though - hope you get something sorted.

Haha yeah, I've underestimated the crowds at a few u2 gigs... thankfully, I'm in the know now!

For cardiff, as we had shit seats, I'd have gone for standing... but then for a massive stadium you're going to have to queue for ages and might not have a brilliant view. In a stadium I'd go for sitting (and good seats) and stand in an arena.

... :shifty:

There's no way I'm getting my 7 inch lens past security!

When the dates are released on Monday, anyone up for doing swaps and stuff then? I.e. getting 4/2 tickets for one date and someone else do the same for the other? I'm up for doing that :up:

Yes I'd be very up for doing that. Only thing is, I'm new to the pre-sale thing - does anyone know how many tix you can buy for one show; or how many shows you can buy??

pre sale code is for 4 tickets but 1 show you can't split it, best to just swap spare tickets with other fans
good luck!

pre sale code is for 4 tickets but 1 show you can't split it, best to just swap spare tickets with other fans
good luck!

Thanks for that. And is it just the one show you can buy for?

Edit: reread your post, you answered the question :sexywink:

Uk/europe here we go///

hello there
Im living in London now, so i guess i will buy for all uk shows and ireland, but i really wanto to make it to the other European countries, it would be cool if some u2ers interferencers and plebans would plan to meet up and queue to be front row, i attended some u2 pop and vertigo concerts in south america, always front row,, so,, it would be so nice to gather some u2ers from here and QUEUE, LOL
I KNOW IM ,,IM ,,IM A BIT PAIN IN THE ASS!!!:wave:

:hmm:maybe I'm gonna do that since I will probably not even have enough money to pay for hotels. why not

London, Glasgow, Cardiff or Sheffield. Where are you folks hoping to go ? Im still pissed there is no Manchester. £4.50 from Manchester Victoria to Sheffield on train which is good.

London, Sheffield, hopefully Dublin. There'd better be additional dates added to those though. If anyone's up for it and planning on going to a gig in a pair, how about using the presale to buy 4 for one gig and then swopping 2 with me?

I'm really pissed off about Manchester not getting a look in, but glad they're doing Glasgow for the Northerners.

London, Sheffield, Cardiff definitely (well, depending on getting tickets.) and then possibly Dublin and/or Paris.

I might do a Glasgow and Sheffield ( defo ) depending on transport and if anyone is willing to join me.

Looks like it will Sheffield then,shame about Manchester but maybe they will play in 2010:pray:
I just hope I can get tickets as I don't subscribe to U2.com:pray::pray::pray:

I'm registered with live nation and according to the site I get pre sale on tickets I wonder if I can get my general sale tickets before the 20th for the Sheffield show?

Wembley woo, timed it just right aswell, literally a day or so after I get back from holiday :happy: I assured my parents that had the two clashed I would have not gone with them :wink:

I think I'll only be doing one date as £ = :uhoh: hopefully they'll be back in 2010 to tour their Songs of Ascent :up:

I'm going for Barcelona and trade for Wembley, Amsterdam or Milan.

Not staying local, and defo not going that Don Valley shithole even if it is 30 mins drive.

This may seem like a random question but its something that I need to clarify before the presale. Its mainly directed to people in the UK.

On the presale email, it says under 'Ways You Can Pay' that 'most major debit cards' are suitable forms of payment. I own a Natwest Maestro debit card, does anyone here use one of these, and do you believe that this should suffice? I emailed U2.com a few hours ago but obviously they've probably got tons of queries to deal with at the moment. Do you think if I contact my bank that they may be able to answer my question??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom