September 18th 2010, Stade de France, Paris, France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes Paris is not cheap for beer!! managed to find one for 6 euro last year in that bar

you gotta know the right places! like the ones where you pay 7 euros for big 2 litre jugs of beer... and then ask for 4 straws lmfao :D

it's awful how they fleece people at these events... even the hotels triple or even quadruple their normal rates just for the concert nights... drives me nuts!

have a good trip! i will be there tomorrow as well! can't wait! :hyper:

LOL i just read that there will be no safety barriers for queuing outside the Stade "as a safety measure" lmfao!!! unbelievable!!! when will the French learn the concept of queuing?!

good luck GA peeps xxx

Just back in my hotel after having a couple of beers near the stadium , 4.40 for half litre of pelforth . Wandered around outside if stadium and chatted to a few fans , there were about 30 in total over various gates when we left . There is a guy at the front of queue A who still needs a ticket if anyone can help . The weather is dry and still quite warm. The security were talking to us and saying that they will have yo move people a bit later when they will be putting queuing barriers in . We aim to join queue B at about 9am , I will be the tall guy in the green Hope Of The States Tshirt , say hello! Goodnight all, tomorrow will be blinding.

Woo! Just chilling at the Hard Rock Cafe and heading up to the Stade in a little while lol

How chaotic and bad was the GA procedure getting in and out! Completely disorganised & people really selfishly sitting down once inside the pit. Glad to hear I Will Follow again though!

I have to say I was a little disappointed with the show. We were in row 11, seats close to the stage and sound was far from good in my opinion. Too much noise/fuzz. The sound was much better in Gothenburg for example last year.

It kind of seemed like just another day on the job for Bono, even though it is one of the bigger stadiums of the tour. Lacked some enthusiams. His voice was a little hoarse/tame in comparison with previous shows.

There were highpoints though. I loved Mysterious Ways (even though hey have cut the solo), North Star and Mercy were great.

I would still rate it as my least favourite show I've been to (only 5 though).
Maybe it is because it was my first second date on the same tour..

Anyway had a great time still :)

I think I had a beer in that bar last year - cost €7! Ouch!

yeah kinda normal price for a beer. but you get used to lol. now, that i'm back living in germany i'm still wondering why everything is soo cheap. a beer is like 2€ hahaa. ;)

I have to say I was a little disappointed with the show. We were in row 11, seats close to the stage and sound was far from good in my opinion. Too much noise/fuzz. The sound was much better in Gothenburg for example last year.

It kind of seemed like just another day on the job for Bono, even though it is one of the bigger stadiums of the tour. Lacked some enthusiams. His voice was a little hoarse/tame in comparison with previous shows.

There were highpoints though. I loved Mysterious Ways (even though hey have cut the solo), North Star and Mercy were great.

I would still rate it as my least favourite show I've been to (only 5 though).
Maybe it is because it was my first second date on the same tour..

Anyway had a great time still :)

mhh interesting.
but i have to agree about the sound. was not the best sometimes, and very loud in my opinion.
but i liked the show a lot. bono seemed to have a lot fun talking in french and he obviously did not have a clue what he was saying there lol.
oh yeah and i will follow....i was so much waiting for this.:applaud:

we took a pack of earplugs (for the kids really) - U2 are a particularly loud live band lol :D

they were distributing earplugs at the Stade... i do prefer to wear them to be honest, just for a little bit of protection... - tinnitus would be a b!tch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom