September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldier Field Tour

Would anyone be interested in taking an advance tour of Soldier Field? It says on their web site that you need at least ten people, and the cost per person is $10. It might be really cool to see it all beforehand, and it might help us GA'ers get a better handle on where we want to stand.

I'm local so could do it anytime, but if they're still offering them close to the show dates we could include folks from out of town.

Thoughts?

Birdlover

Would anyone be interested in taking an advance tour of Soldier Field? It says on their web site that you need at least ten people, and the cost per person is $10. It might be really cool to see it all beforehand, and it might help us GA'ers get a better handle on where we want to stand.

I'm local so could do it anytime, but if they're still offering them close to the show dates we could include folks from out of town.

Thoughts?

Birdlover

I'd be up for it Thursday afternoon or Friday morning....

Going to both shows, and oddly this will really be the 1st time I've been to Chicago. When to some convention center in high school for a trip, but that was it. And I've lived about 2 hours west for the past 14 or so years. I just usually go to Detroit for everything. But I'm very excited! I'm letting my mom come along, to get her out of the house for once, so I'm trying to find things for her to do while I'm at the shows!

Going to both shows, and oddly this will really be the 1st time I've been to Chicago. When to some convention center in high school for a trip, but that was it. And I've lived about 2 hours west for the past 14 or so years. I just usually go to Detroit for everything. But I'm very excited! I'm letting my mom come along, to get her out of the house for once, so I'm trying to find things for her to do while I'm at the shows!

Why aren't you taking her to the shows with you? :sad:

I still don't have a hotel yet :/ can't really afford to pay for 4 people upfront. it's unfortunate that you can't reserve and then pay when you get there like normal hotels. we'll probably end up staying with someone my friend knows in the city, or near it. it will suck not having a room to go back to during the GA line though, so I dunno how that will work

I have a hotel reserved and I didn't pay up front. There are some hotels you can do that with.

really? do you mind me asking which one? All the ones I was looking at made you pay to reserve, but I was looking at ones all within a mile of Soldier Field.

booked my hotel! that's a relief. Now I'm even more excited.

One other thing I'm concerned about is the gates. Will there be multiple gates at Soldier Field? How will we know which one to line up at?

Could someone PM me any hotel suggestions too? I'm not completely sure what to book and could use some direction. Thanks :D

Could someone PM me any hotel suggestions too? I'm not completely sure what to book and could use some direction. Thanks :D

Are you looking for close proximity to Soldier Field, or the best deal? If you're really looking to save a buck, I think there's a fairly decent hostel . . .

hostel....ew

you could always stay in a van down by the river

farley.jpg

/matt foley'd

-dan

not to get too far off topic, but i saw a really good special on mtv a few months back called *a map for saturday*.....it was about a guy who spent a year traveling around the world and stayed in hostels. i thought it was really good, but there's no way i could do anything like that.

back on topic...are there still people who don't have a place to stay in chicago? right now i'm at travelodge (about a mile away and arriving on the 10th) and i'm by myself. i know there's no shortage of hotels/rooms in chicago, but if there's anybody who wants to split it up so they don't pay full rates i'd be down.

-dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom