October 3 - Stadium Raleigh - NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad I found this thread!

So here's my story! I'm 22 year old hardcore U2 fan who has decided to drag her friend with her from Pennsylvania to Raleigh, NC. We have no idea how we are getting from point A(hotel) to point B(venue), then the opposite. Oh, and we've really never traveled alone before. I'm scared out of my mind BUT I will do anything at this point to get there and enjoy that show!!

If there's any local or somewhat local people around that could give some advice or suggestions on transportation... I would love you forever!! Since the freaking hotel only takes you a certain number of miles then just drops you off... :shifty:

Thanks!! And hello hello to all!! Can't wait till October!!:heart:

I'm so glad I found this thread!

So here's my story! I'm 22 year old hardcore U2 fan who has decided to drag her friend with her from Pennsylvania to Raleigh, NC. We have no idea how we are getting from point A(hotel) to point B(venue), then the opposite. Oh, and we've really never traveled alone before. I'm scared out of my mind BUT I will do anything at this point to get there and enjoy that show!!

If there's any local or somewhat local people around that could give some advice or suggestions on transportation... I would love you forever!! Since the freaking hotel only takes you a certain number of miles then just drops you off... :shifty:

Thanks!! And hello hello to all!! Can't wait till October!!:heart:

Sure. Don't hesitate to shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to answer any question you may have. :wave:

To clipper699, thank you so much!!:hug:

To BluRmGrl, our flight is "suppose to" land at 10:02 am Oct. 3 and we're staying at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Crabtree. What really sucks though is the check-in being at 3 PM.... WAIT!! Riddle me this batman (Oh God I sound like my old history teacher!), if a hotel says check-in is 3 PM, does that mean the "earliest" time that you can check-in is at 3 PM?! So that could mean that I can go straight to the stadium! Oh, nevermind I forgot about my freaking bag! Maybe I shouldn't take one then... sorry, like I said I've never really done this stuff on my own. :huh:

To clipper699, thank you so much!!:hug:

To BluRmGrl, our flight is "suppose to" land at 10:02 am Oct. 3 and we're staying at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Crabtree. What really sucks though is the check-in being at 3 PM.... WAIT!! Riddle me this batman (Oh God I sound like my old history teacher!), if a hotel says check-in is 3 PM, does that mean the "earliest" time that you can check-in is at 3 PM?! So that could mean that I can go straight to the stadium! Oh, nevermind I forgot about my freaking bag! Maybe I shouldn't take one then... sorry, like I said I've never really done this stuff on my own. :huh:

I live in Cary, just outside of Raleigh. Check-in at Embassy Suites (good choice by the way, IMHO) at 3 p.m. means you may or may not have a room. But if you have bags that you need to leave, I'd call ahead and see if you can leave them at the front desk. If they are equipped knowing there's a huge concert going on, you should be able to leave them in the hotel. I'd say to call first. And there may be a bus leaving from Crabtree Mall, I'd check on that, too. Crabtree to Carter-Finley. Otherwise, spring for a taxi! :) I lived in Raleigh for years, so let me know if you have questions. That goes for anybody!

I live in Cary, just outside of Raleigh. Check-in at Embassy Suites (good choice by the way, IMHO) at 3 p.m. means you may or may not have a room. But if you have bags that you need to leave, I'd call ahead and see if you can leave them at the front desk. If they are equipped knowing there's a huge concert going on, you should be able to leave them in the hotel. I'd say to call first. And there may be a bus leaving from Crabtree Mall, I'd check on that, too. Crabtree to Carter-Finley. Otherwise, spring for a taxi! :) I lived in Raleigh for years, so let me know if you have questions. That goes for anybody!

It's nice to see the locals willing to help out. Southern hospitality indeed! :applaud:

Oh thank you so much!! I will definitely call ahead now and check on the bus thing. We're just taking one carry-on bag so it shouldn't be such a big deal. I just want to get to the stadium as quickly as possible since I don't know what to expect exactly. The only U2 concert I've ever been to (or as I like to refer to it as "The Best Day of My Life!") was Pittsburgh, PA Oct. 22 2005. We had six people cause my uncle got tickets through work since he new I LOVED U2. We also had seats, this time it's GA. (I'm slightly frightened!) :wink:

To BluRmGrl, our flight is "suppose to" land at 10:02 am Oct. 3 and we're staying at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Crabtree.
uluv2b - not sure how/when you intended to handle your check-in (i.e. waiting 'til after the show or going back to the hotel after 3pm), but if they aren't able to accomodate your bags, one option would be to just bring them with you to the stadium. I'll have my vehicle & would be happy to let you store them there until the show ended. We'd just have to figure out how to keep up with each other before & after the show - which shouldn't be a problem, but it is something to consider. :)
I will be rolling into Raleigh as a solo ticket holder...
When it gets a little closer to show day, we definately all need to coordinate an Interference gathering, especially for those of us that plan on 'camping' in line all day. Strength in numbers, misery loves company, and all that. :D

Looking forward to reuniting with the Interferencers I have met before & all the new ones I'll be meeting. Which reminds me - how many Raleigh attendees will also be at either the Charlottesville or Atlanta shows?

uluv2b - not sure how/when you intended to handle your check-in (i.e. waiting 'til after the show or going back to the hotel after 3pm), but if they aren't able to accomodate your bags, one option would be to just bring them with you to the stadium. I'll have my vehicle & would be happy to let you store them there until the show ended. We'd just have to figure out how to keep up with each other before & after the show - which shouldn't be a problem, but it is something to consider. :)
When it gets a little closer to show day, we definately all need to coordinate an Interference gathering, especially for those of us that plan on 'camping' in line all day. Strength in numbers, misery loves company, and all that. :D

Looking forward to reuniting with the Interferencers I have met before & all the new ones I'll be meeting. Which reminds me - how many Raleigh attendees will also be at either the Charlottesville or Atlanta shows?

Sounds good, I will be there around noon since I am driving up from Greenville, SC. I will not be attending any other east coast shows, since my work schedule didn't work out...but REALLY wanted to see Muse, so I am driving to Raleigh!

can't wait for this show.. Hope I can meet up with you all. I am coming up day of.. have RZ tix. but gonna book a hotel that nite tho..cuz i am driving in from maryland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom