June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field - Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Krisi83 & me will be getting into Seattle at around 1pm on the 3rd. Count us in for an early meet at the pub. Can't wait!

You have to come out to my place (near Oakland) for a BBQ! :hyper:

You're on! We're flying down from Seattle on June 5 and staying 3 nights in Union Square area of SF before flying back to Seattle.

You're on! We're flying down from Seattle on June 5 and staying 3 nights in Union Square area of SF before flying back to Seattle.

Great! By the way, I invited Kristin to my bday party in seattle (which is basically the Zoo Station gig). I'd have invited you, but you are behind the times and don't have facebook yet :)

Great! By the way, I invited Kristin to my bday party in seattle (which is basically the Zoo Station gig). I'd have invited you, but you are behind the times and don't have facebook yet :)

:lol: I'll make it my mission to have a facebook account before these shows! Definitely will be at the party - is the Zoo Station gig gonna be at the Owl & Thistle pub do you know?

:lol: I'll make it my mission to have a facebook account before these shows! Definitely will be at the party - is the Zoo Station gig gonna be at the Owl & Thistle pub do you know?

Yup. Owl & Thistle. I've never been but according to this thread it's very small. I should be able to convince the guys to save us a table or two.

Romi, I'll see about reservations. I'm pretty sure they take them, because at the last show there was a group that had some reserved. There are tables and a long booth along each wall - I think the best bet would be to ask to reserve one of those and then spread out from there if needed.

Skott said elsewhere they'd make sure the dance floor was clear this time, so hopefully there won't be any tables blocking the space in front of the stage.

I believe that's the business and tourist capital of Seattle :) And you won't be alone.

Walking alone at night anywhere downtown isn't my first choice on a list of Fun Things To Do, but in all honesty, it'll probably be fine. Just use your same street smarts you would in any other city.

Where is your hotel?

courtyard marriott at pioneer square. it looks like it's only a couple of blocks from the pub. the last time I went to pioneer square (in daytime though) there were bums around, but they were not bothering people.

Cori, do you know if the LINK light rail goes to Pioneer Square from the Airport? The last time I drove to the city since I was coming from Mt Rainier. I forgot what public transportation options are available between the airport and the city.

Oh, the hotel is right in Pioneer Square? I can't picture it, but yeah, if it's mere blocks away, you'll be fine, even if you're walking alone. It's not the best neighborhood in Seattle, and there can be some trouble late at night (usually with drunk people, less with bums, I think) but honestly, you'll be fine.

The light rail uses the underground bus tunnel, and there is a stop at Pioneer Square. I don't know what the hours of the light rail and the tunnel are, but that's the best way to get to/from the airport these days.

Nice. I think the pub is at Post and Columbia, and if you look on the map on the hotel site, it's only about two or three blocks away. :)

The light rail uses the underground bus tunnel, and there is a stop at Pioneer Square. I don't know what the hours of the light rail and the tunnel are, but that's the best way to get to/from the airport these days.
:up: Great, thanks! I can check the schedule for it. I just wasn't sure if it's already up and running from the airport or not. I get confused on the Sound transit website...

You have to come out to my place (near Oakland) for a BBQ! :hyper:
Romi and Jen throw a nice BBQ! :D Speaking from experience... :yes:

:lol: Glad you and Kristin are joining our shenanigans in Seattle. I wish I could go to Oakland too, but it's a weekday show... :grumpy:
I need to conserve my vacation time this year since I'm planning to visit my family.
Are you going to Anaheim as well?

I wish I could go to Oakland too, but it's a weekday show... :grumpy:
I need to conserve my vacation time this year since I'm planning to visit my family.
Are you going to Anaheim as well?

Same problem for us - vacation time. The gap between Oakland and Anaheim is just too big for us so we're Seattle & Oakland.

Just bought my return airfare.
So now, I'm flying in June 2 at 8:30 a.m. and departing June 5 at 10:30 a.m.

I have a friend who needs a GA for the show. Are there any out there right now?

Cancellation in my favor for once; canceled r/t with Alaska and was told that there would be a FULL refund and return of miles to my mileage plan because there had been an "unaware" schedule change of more than one hour in our flights...so, no $150 penalty X2 (for flight change) and mileage back to its rightful owner...it is a good day.

Can anyone give me info on what GA lineup conditions one could expect? Neighborhood, line-up times etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom