June 12, 2010 Invesco Field, Denver, CO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should call my friend who is the Director of Operations for Invesco Field...he would know.

I drove past the intersection of 1-25 and Speer Blvd. the other day and got a few more names of hotels there for anyone who needs them. You can walk to the stadium from there. There's a Residence Inn, a Budget Inn, Hampden Inn, and Ramada. They are also just a short cab ride (maybe $10 max) from LoDo and Larimer Square...which are fun places for eating/drinking.

I have a reservation at the Residence Inn, because it looked like it was within walking distance, but I was wondering whether it would be safe to walk back to the hotel from the stadium after the concert. Is the neighborhood OK? I assume there'd be a bunch of people walking back, but wanted to know if you know anything about the surrounding area. Thanks.

For anyone still looking - rooms are available still at the VQ where a few of us are crashing.

It is within the stadium grounds (you can't get a room closer!) and includes parking which helps to offset the higher prices for show night with a 1 King bed room or 2 Double beds room going for $139+taxes as I write this. Accessible through my site's association with part of Expedia (see link in my signature) or by clicking here

For anyone still looking - rooms are available still at the VQ where a few of us are crashing.

It is within the stadium grounds (you can't get a room closer!) and includes parking which helps to offset the higher prices for show night with a 1 King bed room or 2 Double beds room going for $139+taxes as I write this. Accessible through my site's association with part of Expedia (see link in my signature) or by clicking here

I actually have a reservation there, too, but depending on how many of my kids, and possibly their friends, go with me, I'd need more room, and I don't really want to get two rooms at the VQ. So once the concert gets closer, I'll cancel one or the other (VQ or Residence Inn.)

I actually have a reservation there, too, but depending on how many of my kids, and possibly their friends, go with me, I'd need more room, and I don't really want to get two rooms at the VQ. So once the concert gets closer, I'll cancel one or the other (VQ or Residence Inn.)

Yeah - Residence Inns are pretty unbeatable for room - we love 'em

I have a reservation at the Residence Inn, because it looked like it was within walking distance, but I was wondering whether it would be safe to walk back to the hotel from the stadium after the concert. Is the neighborhood OK? I assume there'd be a bunch of people walking back, but wanted to know if you know anything about the surrounding area. Thanks.
Yes, the Residence Inn is within walking distance and the area is safe. I have some friends who live just around the corner from that hotel. You'll be walking through a neighborhood that is a bit diverse, but should be just fine.

My friends and I wandering around Croke Park in Dublin post show last summer was MUCH more unsafe!

Hotel VQ

Just checked easyclicktravel.com again, they still have rooms at the VQ for $60 per night ($145 w/ taxes for two nights). the convenience of the location makes this place the obvious choice if you happen to be going GA. rooms would be bigger (maybe nicer) at residence inn, but a bit of a long walk i would only make with a large group in the middle of the night.

Just checked easyclicktravel.com again, they still have rooms at the VQ for $60 per night ($145 w/ taxes for two nights). the convenience of the location makes this place the obvious choice if you happen to be going GA. rooms would be bigger (maybe nicer) at residence inn, but a bit of a long walk i would only make with a large group in the middle of the night.

Note that the rate you quote here is just shown as an indicator and unlike some other hotels the status for that price is 'on request' rather than 'available'. It is the normal rate for the hotel when there are no events/games at the stadium. What you will likely find if you try for a booking is that they get back to you to say the price is actualy $xxx for that night because U2 are at Invesco Field. The price I quoted in my earlier post ($139+tax) was and still is available for show night.

I went to book directly through them and there isn't room for the day of the show. I wanted 11-13th, and it only let me click 11th and 13th, the 12this booked. I kind of need a conformation that there is still room for them, until I book and find out I have to leave the 12th and go somewhere else, which I wouldn't have the money to do.

Yes, the Residence Inn is within walking distance and the area is safe. I have some friends who live just around the corner from that hotel. You'll be walking through a neighborhood that is a bit diverse, but should be just fine.

My friends and I wandering around Croke Park in Dublin post show last summer was MUCH more unsafe!

Yeah the area is pretty diverse, when I went for American Idol auditions there last summer, it wasn't bad at all.

Booked Hotel VQ for 11th & 12th. Thanks to all who posted about it.:up: Saved me the stress of researching. Driving up from Amarillo with my son for the concert! :hyper::heart:

i booked the 12th and 13th at the VQ back at the end of october, hoping there'd be two shows

just changed the reservation to the 11th and 12th

everyone can now expect a 2nd show announcement tomorrow

i will be booking my flight sometime after my spring semester ends :p
ill be coming all the way from florida lol

when does everyone plan to line up for GA?

Official word is the GA line starts at 7:00AM. On a beautiful summer weekend in Denver, I would expect a relatively early crowd. If you want to be inside the circle, you will probably have to be in line by noon or soon after. I plan to shuffle over from the hotel at 7:00 to stake my place toward the front. Line is on the north side of stadium, so some shade is possible.

from tucson, it's cheaper for me to fly to denver than it is anaheim

thought that was strange

Official word is the GA line starts at 7:00AM. On a beautiful summer weekend in Denver, I would expect a relatively early crowd. If you want to be inside the circle, you will probably have to be in line by noon or soon after. I plan to shuffle over from the hotel at 7:00 to stake my place toward the front. Line is on the north side of stadium, so some shade is possible.

By noon? I don't think so. You could have strolled into the inner circle around 630-7 at most shows this past fall...

:drool:

6 hours on a desert highway? My perfect vacation.

Me too. I love those drives, losing myself in the desert scenery - really clears the mind, and you can always pull off the I-10 to stretch your legs in the Joshua Tree NP.

i booked the 12th and 13th at the VQ back at the end of october, hoping there'd be two shows

just changed the reservation to the 11th and 12th

everyone can now expect a 2nd show announcement tomorrow

Well...I hate to disappoint you, but I'm 99.9% sure there won't be a 2nd show in Denver. The first one hasn't yet sold out. From what I've heard, it's down to the cheap seats but not yet sold out. U2 is very popular in Denver and they could probably do 4 nights at the Pepsi Center , but Denver just isn't big enough to draw a 2nd show at such a big venue.

Zoo TV sold out Mile High. But the Popmart show there was about half full. It's encouraging, though, that 360 is selling much better than Popmart did and will almost certainly sell out by June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom