June 1, 2011 - Commonwealth Stadium - Edmonton, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Edgefest, or anyone seeing u2 multiple times this tour. How do you guys manage to get enough time off to see the band so many times? Most work places wont give more than 2 or 3 weeks off per year. And you must save up every penny for years just to pay for flights? I'm terribly curious how you pull it off? I have to plan and save for years just to see u2 once.

Hey, Edgefest, or anyone seeing u2 multiple times this tour. How do you guys manage to get enough time off to see the band so many times? Most work places wont give more than 2 or 3 weeks off per year. And you must save up every penny for years just to pay for flights? I'm terribly curious how you pull it off? I have to plan and save for years just to see u2 once.

I'm seeing them 4 times this leg. (and 2 of the shows with EdgeFest, who is in Winnipeg right now with Hjay, who I'm bunking with in Seattle) I used to work at a place that let us bank vacation time and have paid holidays. But I was one of the people that got fired a month ago, so the time off isn't an issue for now :lol: on the plus side, they had to pay a sevrance pkg and my 3 weeks banked vacation time, so it worked out good.
saving whatever, whenever you can helps. seeing multiple shows in locations geographically close is good, and scouting for airline seat sales!

Ahh ok. I wasn't sure if they did the park n ride shuttles for concerts or not. But yea then, transit is definitely the way to go when getting there

i was kind of amazed they were too, but it makes sense. They aren't starting it until 4:30pm tho. :doh::lol: it will definately help after the show.

I'm seeing them 4 times this leg. (and 2 of the shows with EdgeFest, who is in Winnipeg right now with Hjay, who I'm bunking with in Seattle) I used to work at a place that let us bank vacation time and have paid holidays. But I was one of the people that got fired a month ago, so the time off isn't an issue for now :lol: on the plus side, they had to pay a sevrance pkg and my 3 weeks banked vacation time, so it worked out good.
saving whatever, whenever you can helps. seeing multiple shows in locations geographically close is good, and scouting for airline seat sales!

thats cool. I suppose here in SK i could technically take all my 3 weeks at once....but even still, hotels and flights alone would bankrupt me! 4 shows isn't too bad though. You're not totally insane. ;) I'm thinking people who see 10 or 20?! Don't they have a job? And if they dont, how do they pay?! lol Its a catch-22.

my shows are EDM & Seattle (then up to BC to visit family for a week) then NY and Pitts. I'm doing a bit of wandering on the train in between shows in July, mostly overnight travel (and sleep on train) so got a train pass and only need 4 nights hotel/bed and breakfast so not bad at all.

Anyone else planning on drawing u2 inspired things on their balloons pre-show?! I found giant heart shaped balloons that i'm going to write "The Goal is Soul" on. :D So if one floats down to you in GA you know its from me!

Borrowing these from the Edmonton Journal

4859508.bin

4859498.bin

4859505.bin

3 days. I don't know how I'm gonna be able to sleep tuesday night

i was kind of amazed they were too, but it makes sense. They aren't starting it until 4:30pm tho. :doh::lol: it will definately help after the show.

60 000+ peeps really causes mayhem around there. But yes the buses will help. I'm lucky enough to live not too far from the stadium. Since we can't drive there, we only have to take a quick 5 min bus ride to Coliseum and then a 5 min LRT ride from Coliseum to Stadium.

So when do you peeps think the first soundcheck will be?

I had to take Wednesday off because I'll be too excited to work. I took Thursday off because I'll still be too jittery to work.

Does The Fly debut in Edmonton?? :applaud:

I had to take Wednesday off because I'll be too excited to work. I took Thursday off because I'll still be too jittery to work.

Does The Fly debut in Edmonton?? :applaud:

I'm hoping so. I would like to see a return of I Still Havn't Found What I'm Looking For. It's the favourite song of my friend Sheena who's coming with me. Would be nice to see Ultraviolet which is one of my favourites. But I think that song's permanently off the set list now. But they can make up for that by playing Bad. My absolute favourite, where the streets have no name, is always played so I'm pretty pumped up for that moment

I would go all the way to edmonton just to see streets! :D

It will be the climax of the show for me for sure. I know it might be a bit of a noob thing to say that about one of their well known hits, but I've heard pretty much every U2 song at least a handful of times, none of them live.
After being a fan for about 10 years now, this is my first chance to see them live. "Streets" will probably always be my favourite, but I'm also looking forward to seeing and hearing all the other tunes take on a new life of their own live.

It will be the climax of the show for me for sure. I know it might be a bit of a noob thing to say that about one of their well known hits, but I've heard pretty much every U2 song at least a handful of times, none of them live.
After being a fan for about 10 years now, this is my first chance to see them live. "Streets" will probably always be my favourite, but I'm also looking forward to seeing and hearing all the other tunes take on a new life of their own live.

Songs you didn't think you loved as much will change after seeing them live. Its always the ones you don't expect!

Mofo would be insane. As would Please. (Time to take the snippets to full songs!)

Just talked to GA Joe, there are 17 people in the line by gate 6. Security are being very cooperative and are allowing camping tonight. Weather today is gorgeous, sunny n warm.

Newspapers here were saying the GA line-up starts at 5pm today. So I would suspect that's when most people will start showing up up for that. I have nosebleed tickets, so none of that for me (for better or worse)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom