July 11th 2011 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON (Part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long distance peeps I'm getting your msgs just can't reply, please keep trying for me!!! Dg contacted that number and have not heard back. Douchebaggery to the nth. Grrrrr

Not been a long-time poster on this board but I think I need to speak up regarding this issue.

My 2 cents, snowbunny, is say who it was that sold U the tix. The only way to stop them from doing it again is by bringing it to light and hopefully saving someone else from the same issue.

I would also email the moderators of this site and see if there is anything they can do.

There is also vigilante justice - not saying I encourage it......or do I....? The person who did this to you knows EXACTLY what they were doing - it wasn't an innocent mistake.

Thats my thoughts on it - a definate classless act by a true a$$hole. And if the a$$hole is out there: have the bollocks to stand up and be a man and admit who you are! But they won't because its too easy for them to hide behind a computer screen.
......karma is a bitch :angry:

great show last night. BTW, smoking pot is lame. not to mention, caused my wife to loose consciousness – she has severe allergies to certain combustion by/products derivatives in cigarette smoke – some similar by products in pot smoke – and I had to carry her out of the pit passed out and convulsing with an allergic reaction….sorry, i do expect people to comply with the fucking rules....

There were fucking kids there you pot smoking loosers. Fuck, pot smoking is so 1990s. Grow up.

If you are 30+ and still smoke pot, you need to leave your highschool days behind you.

great show last night. BTW, smoking pot is lame. not to mention, caused my wife to loose consciousness – she has severe allergies to certain combustion by/products derivatives in cigarette smoke – some similar by products in pot smoke – and I had to carry her out of the pit passed out and convulsing with an allergic reaction….sorry, i do expect people to comply with the fucking rules....

There were fucking kids there you pot smoking loosers. Fuck, pot smoking is so 1990s. Grow up.

If you are 30+ and still smoke pot, you need to leave your highschool days behind you.

TOTALLY agree with you. This is U2! Not Pink Floyd or Metallica. :banghead:

No doubt these are the same "sophisticates" that put the ASS in clASS :huh:

Wow. I'm sure it wasn't me, but I did sell a couple of Toronto tickets on here. I think it was only to gvox though. :hmm:
I had tickets to Toronto from 2009 that I sold, too. I'm trying to remember if anything I sold were tix I got from someone else?
I'm quite sure it wasn't me, but now I'm paranoid. I would never, ever do something like that. Quite the opposite in fact, you can ask other members here.

Sorry snowbunny, I'm glad you got in finally.

TM totally left this open for fans to get fucked by not having people physically return the tix for refunds. How hard would it have been for them to say mail your tickets back or bring them to any venue window and they can be scanned and canceled and the refund issued?

Wow. I'm sure it wasn't me, but I did sell a couple of Toronto tickets on here. I think it was only to gvox though. :hmm:
I had tickets to Toronto from 2009 that I sold, too. I'm trying to remember if anything I sold were tix I got from someone else?
I'm quite sure it wasn't me, but now I'm paranoid. I would never, ever do something like that. Quite the opposite in fact, you can ask other members here.

I just called TM Canada and they confirmed that I never obtained a refund on my Toronto GA ticket.

Sorry snowbunny for your experience, I'm glad you got in finally though.

TM totally left this open for fans to get fucked by not having people physically return the tix for refunds. How hard would it have been for them to say mail your tickets back or bring them to any venue window and they can be scanned and canceled and the refund issued?

I sold snowbunny one GA ticket but know she also bought another. Knowing I sold my ticket, I never even thought about obtaining a refund unless she contacted me to say she wasn't going to attend. Thus, I checked my TM receipt last night and looked up which cc I used and I never recevied any refund. I went through over a year of statements, just to make sure. But also checked the March date that she gave. I got nada.

If you screw someone on the internet, it gets around.

I'm glad that snowbunny got in as well. So sorry she had to go through that experience.

I remember some people got turned away in NJ in 2009 because their tickets didn't scan there as well. The ticket taker told those people that the buyer got a refund.

I sold snowbunny one GA ticket but know she also bought another. Knowing I sold my ticket, I never even thought about obtaining a refund unless she contacted me to say she wasn't going to attend. Thus, I checked my TM receipt last night and looked up which cc I used and I never recevied any refund. I went through over a year of statements, just to make sure. But also checked the March date that she gave. I got nada.

I'm glad that snowbunny got in as well. So sorry she had to go through that experience.

I remember some people got turned away in NJ in 2009 because their tickets didn't scan there as well. The ticket taker told those people that the buyer got a refund.

This scares me about Ticketfast tickets, too. There is nothing to stop someone from printing off several copies and selling them. While standing in line yesterday (We were on the east side? of the stadium just over the suspension bridge) there were several scalpers by us and a few of them were holding Ticketfast pages. :yikes:

Does anyone know if I show up to the stadium at 5 when the gates open, if I asked them to scan my tickets just to confirm they're valid, would they let me come back later? (Because while I'm not giving up on calling Ticketmaster, I'm looking for alternatives if they continue to tell me they can't confirm if the tickets were canceled.)

Or once they scan your tickets, are you in to stay?

I'd love to know if I can run down to the stadium in Minneapolis at 5 and check them so I have time to panic and scramble. I'd rather do that without my family standing by, because I don't want them to worry.

... and I also don't really want them knowing I'm willing to go throw a shit-ton of money at a scalper in an emergency. :wink:

Glad to know it wasn't you and nice of you to go back through your records to make sure something didn't get changed/cancelled without your knowledge.

:hug:s for Snowbunny. I can't imagine what she must've been going through. :sad:

Does anyone know if I show up to the stadium at 5 when the gates open, if I asked them to scan my tickets just to confirm they're valid, would they let me come back later? (Because while I'm not giving up on calling Ticketmaster, I'm looking for alternatives if they continue to tell me they can't confirm if the tickets were canceled.)

Or once they scan your tickets, are you in to stay?

I'd love to know if I can run down to the stadium in Minneapolis at 5 and check them so I have time to panic and scramble. I'd rather do that without my family standing by, because I don't want them to worry.

... and I also don't really want them knowing I'm willing to go throw a shit-ton of money at a scalper in an emergency. :wink:

no harm in asking :shrug: In Montreal they "verified" our tickets when we got in line at 8am. But then of course their scanners weren't working at 5pm when it really mattered :scream: *still bitter about scanner issues*

And yeah, I totally know what you mean about not wanting family to know the extent of our crazy. :reject:

Ooh, yeah. Maybe I can check out the box office when they open that day, so there's not last-minute rushing.

Glad to know it wasn't you and nice of you to go back through your records to make sure something didn't get changed/cancelled without your knowledge.

:hug:s for Snowbunny. I can't imagine what she must've been going through. :sad:

So paranoid about it, I just called Tickemaster Canada to confirm that no refund was ever obtained.

I feel awful for Snowbunny

This scares me about Ticketfast tickets, too. There is nothing to stop someone from printing off several copies and selling them. While standing in line yesterday (We were on the east side? of the stadium just over the suspension bridge) there were several scalpers by us and a few of them were holding Ticketfast pages. :yikes:

One reason why I prefer not to buy Ticketfast tickets unless I know the person.

One reason why I prefer not to buy Ticketfast tickets unless I know the person.

The last (and one of the only shows) I ever bought off EBay was for a First Ave concert way in advance. Didn't even think to ask if they were Ticketfast. Of course they were, but when the show came around, they didn't scan our tickets; they just tore them. :doh:
Some scalper could have made a mint if they knew that. And First Ave would have been WAY over capacity.

Wendyandkevinca said:

I need to start this off by saying that I don't smoke pot... Never saw the appeal.

If you thought you were going to attend a concert without ppl in the vicinity smoking up you had unrealistic expectations, especially considering your wife's allergy concerns.

In a perfect world everyone would follow the rules, there would be no line cutters, scalpers, or pot smokers at concerts. However, the reality is these things exist and you need to be responsible enough to ensure your wife's safety.

This isn't to say I don't empathize with your situation, I just don't see how you couldn't forsee it coming.

Pretty good show although as I mentioned in another thread I felt and still feel that Montreal was better from a techincal, musical and overall vibes standpoint. I'm not loving Toronto crowds anymore, not after the lame-os who I saw in the pit last night. How do you NOT dance to Streets? Anyways.

Interpol sucks. No really, they do. Of anything that I can honestly say I'm looking forward to about the coming days, is not having to put up with listening to them for 45 mins at around 7:30 every day.

It was really nice to meet some of you and see other familiar faces again. :up:

Liz sorry to hear about your ticket experience? Why didn't you come down to the line, we were trading tickets all day down there. There were GAs available at face from fans all day. But it sounds like it all worked out, so thats good.

Saw a few at the Hideout but then I had to duck out and give some friends a ride home. Thought of coming back but then it was close to 3 am. Hope everyone has had a safe journey home to recouperate ;)

I need to start this off by saying that I don't smoke pot... Never saw the appeal.

If you thought you were going to attend a concert without ppl in the vicinity smoking up you had unrealistic expectations, especially considering your wife's allergy concerns.

In a perfect world everyone would follow the rules, there would be no line cutters, scalpers, or pot smokers at concerts. However, the reality is these things exist and you need to be responsible enough to ensure your wife's safety.

This isn't to say I don't empathize with your situation, I just don't see how you couldn't forsee it coming.

clearly a misguided assumption that people generally respect one another. what the fuck i thinking being that misguided. i mean, i am sure when joe asshole pushed his way into the pit at 8:30 to find his friends, surely he saw mr. and ms. hard core U2 fan with a few children in tow and said, why don't i spark a big fat one since i am such an asshole, care only about myself and wish to fuck all those around me.

and for the record, i have never been to ANY U2 concert with as much pot smoking as there was last night.

the weather and humiditiy is potentially at fault also.

but yes, i guess i am a total fucking idiot to expect a little respect from people. thanks for pointing that out.

clearly a misguided assumption that people generally respect one another. what the fuck i thinking being that misguided. i mean, i am sure when joe asshole pushed his way into the pit at 8:30 to find his friends, surely he saw mr. and ms. hard core U2 fan with a few children in tow and said, why don't i spark a big fat one since i am such an asshole, care only about myself and wish to fuck all those around me.

and for the record, i have never been to ANY U2 concert with as much pot smoking as there was last night.

Montreal was pretty enveloped in both kinds of smoke (and a few cigars, too). Most I've experienced at U2 show.

Cigarettes bother me more than pot, but I prefer neither. Although, I have no underlying medical issue other than easily getting a dry, scratchy throat. Sorry for your experience. That's rough.

I guess in the future, I'd try Anaheim. I had never seen a security guard grab a lit cigarette out of someone's mouth and throw it on the ground before. It was a just a cig, too, not pot. :up:

Pretty good show although as I mentioned in another thread I felt and still feel that Montreal was better from a techincal, musical and overall vibes standpoint. I'm not loving Toronto crowds anymore, not after the lame-os who I saw in the pit last night. How do you NOT dance to Streets? Anyways.

Interpol sucks. No really, they do. Of anything that I can honestly say I'm looking forward to about the coming days, is not having to put up with listening to them for 45 mins at around 7:30 every day.

It was really nice to meet some of you and see other familiar faces again. :up:

Liz sorry to hear about your ticket experience? Why didn't you come down to the line, we were trading tickets all day down there. There were GAs available at face from fans all day. But it sounds like it all worked out, so thats good.

Saw a few at the Hideout but then I had to duck out and give some friends a ride home. Thought of coming back but then it was close to 3 am. Hope everyone has had a safe journey home to recouperate ;)

i think Interpol sounded like a bad 54:50 cover band. we were in the 600s and several fans had extra GA's.

i agree with you about some of those in the pit. lots of pretty people wanting to be seen and just kind of toe tapping.

some jerks with some black shirts...not sure what U2 slogan was printed rolled into edge's side of the pit at 8:45 and said they needed to find friends. as they moved closer to the centre, people got even more hostile to them and finally, i, being the large guy that i am, told them to turn the fuck around and stop all this lying shit about finding friends. a glare from a clearly drunk tough guy, and a smirk with a nice visible scar on my eye from a few encounters with some drunk tough guys in my time, sent this pretty boy with his nice clean shaven face away.

Montreal was pretty enveloped in both kinds of smoke (and a few cigars, too). Most I've experienced at U2 show.

Cigarettes bother me more than pot, but I prefer neither. Although I have no underlying medical issue other than easily getting a dry, scratchy throat. Sorry for your experience. That's rough.

I guess in the future, I'd try Anaheim. I had never seen a security guard grab a lit cigarette out of someone's mouth and throw it on the ground before. It was a just a cig, too, not pot. :up:

i also found security at the steve miller concert a few months back at molson ampletheatre to be jonny on the spot stoping all types of smoking near the front....the only place we are at concerts...:lol: [Edit with the exception of being in a box at the led zep concert at the 02 a few years back...]

my wife has been to many many concerts but this was the worst one. it was pretty scary to see your wife convulsing and talking all sorts of giberish shit until she could get some clean air.

That's scary. :(

The most pot I've ever smelled at a U2 concert was the second Vancouver show on the Vertigo tour. I think I've smelled it at every other show I've been to, but that was the most.

That's scary. :(

The most pot I've ever smelled at a U2 concert was the second Vancouver show on the Vertigo tour. I think I've smelled it at every other show I've been to, but that was the most.

she still feels pretty crappy this morning. thankfully meds work nice and fast although thankfully, it's no ana kit severe alergy....i wish it were morning sickness...sadly, not.

I sold her a ticket as well which I forgot about and I WOULD NEVER do such a thing to a fellow fan or interlander or to someone period!!! Karma is a bitch as I just bought tickets from someone not on this board for a show and I am nervous.... I actually posted last night in the thread forgetting i even sold her a ticket as it was over a year ago... ..I'm pretty sure she bought more than one ticket i am waiting to hear back from her.. Just tried texting her and contacting TM but I need to find the old credit card I used to get the order#..I can't see any reason why they would cancel a ticket and I never rec'd an email from TM or snowbunny so I'm pretty confident it wasn't anything I sold her as enough people on here know me to know that is not my style but will feel better once I hear from her and if I find that TM pulled a fast one there will be hell to pay..

No idea what I was thinking all these years

Neither do I, but hey you're allowed to be wrong every once in a while! :lol: :wink:

Nah, seriously, not sure why you felt to jump on that, I mean I'm hardly alone in the sentiment. I saw them 3 times in the last 4 days and they were terrible. Clearly this an IMO moment..

I can get behind just about any artist of any genre even way outside the spectrum of my private listening tastes, so long as they convince me in the live setting. Interpol failed to make the sale 3 nights in a row. :shrug:

Clearly this an IMO moment..

oh, I know. Just being a little tongue in cheek and maybe a little defensive of them :)
I'll be 100% honest: this will be the 6th time I've seen them play and the mix last night was horrid and muddy. they're usually a really tight, clean band live. They also have a new bassist who, while he seems to have the swagger down, doesn't seem as crisp as Carlos D was.
Obviously you're welcome to think what you like, but I'm not shitting you when I say they usually sound much, much better. They did still somehow manage to make some coverts out of the people standing next to us

RE Pot smoking: I've been in alot of settings where it would be natural to assume there would be the most pot smoking possible but I can say unequivocally that both Montreal shows absolutely own this title now. It started as soon as people got situated in the pit, right thru the opening set, and right on up till almost the end of the show. I didn't mind it to be honest even tho I wasn't indulging, it's just a part of the thing like having a couple beers imo. :shrug:

Mind you, health issues would be a problem, for sure. Sorry to hear that was your experience Kevin..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom