February 13, 2011 - FNB Stadium - Johannesburg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
scaled.php

It's alive. :ohmy:

Not surprisingly looks like Kite's going to be the only new addition:

Return of the Stingray Guitar
Beautiful Day
I Will Follow
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Mysterious Ways
Elevation
Until the End of the World
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Kite
Mercy
Miss Sarajevo
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
SBS
Scarlet
Walk On
One
Streets
HMTMKMKM
WOWY
MOS

Never really expected EBTTRT or Zooropa or Pop. Oh well.

I suppose it will change more in the coming months. I would still have thought they would pull out one more old song requested on U2.com, like they did with Ultraviolet, Unforgettable Fire or HMTMKMKM, otherwise why would they take fan requests?

But Zooropa or Pop, (other than an acoustic Stay), if it happens, I think it will be on the next tour. Still, stranger things have happened.
(Mercy and Scarlet?)

But every time the tour opens up on a new leg, the band, as Edge says, think about 'changing things up'.

Translation = 'replace IALW with Kite'

No IALW does give me some hope. Still holding out some 90s love on the next leg.

If IALW doesn't make the cut I'm going to rejoice like a fucking monkey. FINALLY both my most hated songs will be out of the setlist at last.

Well, well, well...no In A Little While. :lol: :up:

Kite > In A Little While :drool:

EDIT - Why can't they do Hold Me + Ultraviolet back to back like they did in Horsens? That was amazing.

Last edited:
Thank you to elvetio and all who have reported from Johannesburg! If Kite does make the set tomorrow, it will be its tour debut; it was last performed on 24 November 2006. This would also mean that all of the first six songs on All That You Can't Leave Behind will have been played this tour; none of the remaining five songs have been played since the end of the Elevation Tour in December 2001.

U2 soundchecking in South Africa - U2gigs.com

rock and roll! fuuuuck yeah.

wait.

6 ATYCLB Songs

Vs.

1 Zooropa song
0 Pop songs

And we have this as the stage:

A-view-of-the-stage-durin-005.jpg

Kite will be the only change up for Johannesburg.

As we know, they often will soundcheck songs in the city prior to the one they roll them out in.

They usually don't waste soundcheck space on songs they don't plan on playing in the very near future. They'd much rather make 1000% sure they have Vertigo and COBL perfect. Exceptions would be if they're trying to figure out if a long lost oldie like Drowning Man or a newer song like White As Snow would be feasible to add. That being said, I'd put more stock in EBTTRT than I would Zooropa. I mean, they're reasonably sure they can play EBTTRT without much of an issue so it's not like they're trying to see if it's going to work or not.....it always did.

We'll ultimately just have to wait and see at the Cape Town soundcheck. If EBTTRT and Zooropa make it there, they're 90% to go on the actual set list.

The only thing that really surprises me in this set is the fact that Scarlet and Miss Sarajevo are still hanging around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom