December 13th and 14th 2010 - ANZ Stadium - Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:)Ticket box opens at 4pm :)panic: ) and we should have credit card used to purchase ticket and photo idea ready to verify purchase.
I'll call the stadium and ticketek again on Thursday/ Friday just to confirm - 4pm seems late to me especially in light of the fact that other rzone ticket stands have opened much earlier on show day :shrug:

Yeah 4pm seems a bit late to me too. RZ usually goes in very shortly after the GA crowd, around 4:30 from memory for my show in Phoenix. I picked up my tickets at midday, & returned later in the afternoon to line up. Of course things vary show to show, & country to country, but 4pm does sound late.

Depending on whether you want a RZ rail (especially near the front claw leg), I'd recommend lining up an hour before gates open, so hopefully you'll be able to pick up your ticket before that.

:) just got hold of ticketek operator after nearly an hour :crack:
The info I was given was that rzone ticket holders will be able to collect tickets from the box office just near the main entrance to anz stadium. Ticket box opens at 4pm :)panic: ) and we should have credit card used to purchase ticket and photo idea ready to verify purchase.
I'll call the stadium and ticketek again on Thursday/ Friday just to confirm - 4pm seems late to me especially in light of the fact that other rzone ticket stands have opened much earlier on show day :shrug:

Thanks for going through all that trouble, Purple.:hug: This week is going to fly by FAST.:applaud:

And next weekend won't even exist to me, since I'll be spending 14+ hours on a QANTAS 747.:crack:

I'm almost finished packing.:)

By the way- Seeing as how the weather in Sydney is going to be hot and sunny next week, I took it upon myself to use a pair of scissors in order to cut my jeans into shorts.:lol:

:lol: No problemo & pack wet weather gear too, weather is beyond hideous at the moment :crack:. . . woke up this morning to this email from u2360 / live nation . . . at first I thought it was from U2.com :doh: I know right, what was I thinking. . . :lol:

Hello from the U2 360° Tour!

After an overwhelmingly successful European 2010 run, we hope you're as excited as we are about U2's SYDNEY concerts and gearing up for their most innovative and ground-breaking show yet.

ATTENTION: Please refer to the following information regarding the collection process for you (RED) Zone ticket purchase.

Your (Red) Zone tickets and wristbands will be available for collection from the (Red) Zone Box Office located on the eastern side of ANZ Stadium, adjacent to Gate B. This Box Office will be open from 12 PM day of your show: Monday December 13th or Tuesday December 14th (please refer to map). Please ensure that you have sufficient identification along with your booking reference number to present upon arrival.

All (Red) Zone 1 ticket holders will enter via GATE P & all (Red) Zone 2 ticket holders will enter via GATE O. ANZ Stadium's entry gates open at approx. 5:00PM (time subject to change). (RED) Zone hosts will greet you on arrival in the (RED) Zone designated on your concert tickets. Please refer to the map below which indicates the location of the two (RED) Zone areas at ANZ Stadium.

For information regarding the conditions of entry and transport to and from ANZ Stadium please click here

See you then!

:yippie: . . . :loveshower: . . . :yippie:

< best bit about this email, no more on hold with ticketek :giggle:

see you at the show :wave:

ps the link to the map is a pdf file and my sleep deprived head can't work out how to post it here . . . :der: . . . will have a bash this afternoon when home from work :)

*skips off in little cloud of happiness*

Hey guys,

Anyone going to be in the city on the Monday?

My wife and I are driving up from Canberra that morning and leaving our car at the venue. We'll be catching the train into the city at about mid day. We'll get the train back at about 4:55 frm Town Hall (QVB).

Incidently, for those with seats, PM me your email address and I will send you a quick spreadsheet I've made with train times from the City so you will get there some time between 5 and 5 30.

(If you have seats there's no real point being there any earlier!)

were you looking for this

BouncySquits.gif

*ducks and runs*

:whistle:

Woot. They are setting up early???

That looks like late day 1, early day 2 of setup. Which means they'll be finished early Sat... Time for band rehearsals then?

What's the word on ticket sales to these shows?
First one sold out?
Second one isn't, I presume, but by how much?

BIG stadium. Looking forward to seeing how the claw is sized in it, even if only via pictures, from a distance. Must admit, knowing U2 are about to play Sydney and I'm not there, doesn't feel great!

What's the word on ticket sales to these shows?
First one sold out?
Second one isn't, I presume, but by how much?

BIG stadium. Looking forward to seeing how the claw is sized in it, even if only via pictures, from a distance. Must admit, knowing U2 are about to play Sydney and I'm not there, doesn't feel great!

From what I understand the first show is a definite sell out with Tuesday sales a little slower . . . they advertised in the Sunday papers this past weekend, but I don't think it will be that empty . . . no expert though and with ANZ being able to squeeze in 90,000 (?) if they're not all sold now I can't imagine there being a flood in these last few days . .. some other biggies in town as well :shrug: . . . maybe Oprah will suprise her audience on Tuesday and give a bunch away (and if she does . . .the better not be anywhere near me :lol: )

Sorry you won't be there :( . . . have seats for the first night so I too am looking forward to seeing the claw in all its glory . . . if the nuttiness that takes over allows me I'll try posting a few piccies for ya . . . mobile phone graininess and all :)

Woot. They are setting up early???

That looks like late day 1, early day 2 of setup. Which means they'll be finished early Sat... Time for band rehearsals then?

I thought there was only one claw here :shrug: but more than happy to see that the set up has begun . . . might have to have a trial *how to get there run* on Saturday . . . rehearsals would be fabbity . . . but did I read somewhere that rehearsals are only first city of a leg or something? I'm so sad I'd get a thrill out of some feedback though :laugh:

:hyper:

3 sleeps

:cabbagepatch:

Nah there are 2.

I read an article that said there were 3, but I can't see how that is necessary/possible.

Rehearsals arn't just first city things... I mean, they are in the context of preparing the show etc, but there is a chance that they come in briefly and use the stage to see how a new element fits.

You might have a brief 3-4 song rehearsal set. Maybe more, depends. But aside from at Auckland I think all the sound-checking has been done by the crew.

Well I'm off to Sydney tomorrow morning (Linkin Park tomorrow night :crack: ). Cricket on Sunday :love:

Anyway, I don't know if I'll be able to check in here until we get home next Thursday, so I hope everyone going Monday and Tuesday has a FANTASTIC time!! It's going to be an awesome couple of nights :drool: Still trying to decide on my plan for GA :lol:

Hopefully we might run into each other at some point. :wink:

:hyper:

I got this email from ticketek today... :)

Dear ticket holder,

Please see below important information regarding U2's 360 Degrees Tour
at ANZ Stadium in Sydney on Monday 13 and Tuesday 14 December 2010.

TRANSPORT AND PARKING INFORMATION
All tickets to the U2 360 Degrees Tour concerts include entry and travel
to and from the show on CityRail trains, Sydney Olympic Park Major Event
buses, regular Sydney Buses, and Liverpool to Parramatta T-way bus
services.

Patrons are encouraged to take advantage of the extensive public
transport services available to avoid expected congestion on roads in
and around Sydney Olympic Park, particularly as both shows are scheduled
on week days and travel could clash with peak hour.

Given the large crowd expected, concert patrons who have not pre-booked
parking are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the additional
public transport services available.

To avoid expected congestion, patrons who opt to drive should allow
plenty of time to get to Sydney Olympic Park.
For more transport information, visit 131500.com.au.

IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION
For full event information including details about public transport,
running times, what to bring, what not to bring and more, visit:
News articles

Frequently Asked Questions:
http://www.anzstadium.com.au/Libraries/ANZSdocs/U2 info sheet.sflb

TICKET COLLECTION
To avoid queues, it is highly recommended that patrons who have not
already collected their tickets do so from those agencies listed as
'City Box Office Collect'. Please visit the link below for details:
Ticketek Australia

We strongly encourage patrons to take advantage of the opportunity to
collect their tickets in the days leading up to the concert and avoid
queuing on event day.

If you need to pick up your tickets at ANZ Stadium, a number of the
venue's box office windows will be open from 2pm on the day of each
concert - please be sure to arrive early.

EZYTICKET
If you have an ezyTicket, make sure you print off each individual
ezyTicket before coming to the event. For further information visit the
link below: Ticketek Australia

LOST or DAMAGED TICKETS
Please check prior to the event if you have your tickets and that they
are not damaged or faded. New tickets will only be issued to the credit
card holder and/or Ticketek account holder. Photo ID will be required. A
$10 replacement fee may incur. Please contact Ticketek on 132 849 if you
need to arrange replacement tickets.

SECURITY
Security checks will be carried out on bags. To help avoid delays, it's
best to leave your bag at home if you can.

Refusal by a patron to comply with a security check may result in the
patron not being admitted into the Stadium.

Enjoy the show!

Regards,
Ticketek
Ticketek: Australia and New Zealand's leading network ticketing company.

Sorry you won't be there :( . . . have seats for the first night so I too am looking forward to seeing the claw in all its glory . . . if the nuttiness that takes over allows me I'll try posting a few piccies for ya . . . mobile phone graininess and all :)

I've got Glastonbury (which, if they pull it off - and I was there this year for Edge/Muse/Streets and it was... unbelievable - I think will end up being one of those singular, 'for the ages' U2 gigs), and praying these UK/Ireland rumours come true. If I get to see them in Dublin, with all respect, Sydney can shove it :wink:

I've got Glastonbury (which, if they pull it off - and I was there this year for Edge/Muse/Streets and it was... unbelievable - I think will end up being one of those singular, 'for the ages' U2 gigs), and praying these UK/Ireland rumours come true. If I get to see them in Dublin, with all respect, Sydney can shove it :wink:

U2 in Dublin :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Nah there are 2.

I read an article that said there were 3, but I can't see how that is necessary/possible.

So you're ignoring a stated fact in a published article, presumably based on informed research, in favour of your own uninformed hypothesis?

Rehearsals arn't just first city things...

Do you have any examples of this on the 360 tour, apart from on-the-day pre-show soundchecks?

Now starting to get real bummed I won't see them in Sydney... in front of 90thou... and a chance to meet some really cool interferencers too...

:sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom