August 9 & 10 - Stadium Maksimir - Zagreb, Croatia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are talking about Mamic there might be problems.
A few more articles about this popped up. The director of the Lupa Promotion company (the organizer) is assuring people that everything is in order.

Things like this will probably keep turning up since we're a silly little country whose journalists get away with taking people's words out of context and blowing thigs out of proportion all the time.

I remember when 50 Cent had a concert here, and he and his buddies were seen leaning over a table. The next day, all the newspapers were saying that they were using drugs. Go figure :doh:

please stay away from Zagreb....if all of you want to come here there wont be enough tickets :)
cheers guys and welcome, it will be a great night

Cant wait to see them in zagreb... :drool:

I have one gripe... and its about the pre-sale thing that will come up, I notice that there is no Live Nation listing for Croatia so anyone here know who will be in charge of the U2 show tickets?

It seems to me that the Zagreb show will be the only one of the whole tour that is not on Live Nation list which leads me to worry that the ticket order website will not be in english or will it be in croatian language only?

Cheers and looking forward to seeing ya all in Zagreb!

Dobar dan!

What about other major Austrian cities, last unicorn ?

I don't have a presale code. If - depending on time and especially prices - I'll go, it'll probably be Zagreb or Milan, using a concert agency and going with a bus.

No, for U2, Vienna is the only option, so there will be no concert in Austria this year. I don't know if I'll be able to get tickets for Zagreb here, I have registered on the Croatian eventim site. Apart from that, I'm looking through offers from eventtravel for different cities, does anyone have experience with these packages. They offer GA tickets and accomodation.

Will you be trying for German shows too ?

Apparently on Monday the promoter of this show will even hold a press conference. :huh: Even if mayor of Zagreb knows nothing, U2.com should be official enough.

Čestitam Hrvatima što ste "uhvatili" U2 za koncert. :up:

What's the best site for trying to score tickets for Zagreb? Someone said it's eventim.hr, but there's nothing to be found about U2 on that side. I've seen some overprized tickets offered by some obscure website, but nothing on the regular online ticket sites. Any news about that?

I'd love to go, it's not far to go by train and I'm thinking about adding a few days holidays in Croatia, it's beautiful.

Any news here? The only site I can think of for buying tickets is eventim.hr, but there is nothing to be found about the U2 concert. :huh:

there was a press conference held today.... you can buy tickets at Ticketpro - Vaša ulaznica u svijet zabave starting from march 27th

and supporting act is supposed to be snow patrol, which is awesome! 2 concerts I wish to see in one :)

I'm from Zagreb and if anyone needs some info on accomodation or anything else...feel free to post here or PM me

see you there!!

there was a press conference held today.... you can buy tickets at Ticketpro - Vaša ulaznica u svijet zabave starting from march 27th

and supporting act is supposed to be snow patrol, which is awesome! 2 concerts I wish to see in one :)

I'm from Zagreb and if anyone needs some info on accomodation or anything else...feel free to post here or PM me

see you there!!

How easy it is to travel from ljubljana to zagreb, as its a lot cheaper to fly to ljubljana than Zagreb from the UK. I see the train takes around 2hrs, is this correct ? Is the service reliable ? :wave:

Ruicosta, thanks for the link! I was getting concerned about this general sale, glad to see they have an English language page, too, as my Hrvatski is a bit rusty. Any rumors about adding a second concert?

How easy it is to travel from ljubljana to zagreb, as its a lot cheaper to fly to ljubljana than Zagreb from the UK. I see the train takes around 2hrs, is this correct ? Is the service reliable ? :wave:

Kevin, which airline did you find for the Ljubljana - UK flights?

I found a ZAG-LHR one way flight for $190 USD, wondering if it's much cheaper and worthwhile to fly out of Ljubljana instead.

its very easy to travel from ljubljana to zagreb, by train it takes 2:30 hours and by bus around 2:45...

service is very realiable, timetables on bus and train station websites are mostly accurate...there can be 5-10 mins delays but rarely...

arriving stations in zagreb are very close to the stadium and you can go by tram or taxi from there on...

Ruicosta, thanks for the link! I was getting concerned about this general sale, glad to see they have an English language page, too, as my Hrvatski is a bit rusty. Any rumors about adding a second concert?

It was on the news few hours ago that it is possible to add a second date if there will be big demand for the first one. I sure hope so :) :)

I found a ZAG-LHR one way flight for $190 USD, wondering if it's much cheaper and worthwhile to fly out of Ljubljana instead.

Ryanair is flying London (Stansted) - Pula...I was playing around with online booking and there are no flights on august 9th and 10th...
aug 6th - one way ticket is 70gbp, aug 7th - 40gbp and aug 8th 90gbp

buses from Pula to Zagreb drive constantly (10 per day or so) and cost around 20 € in one way

see you there!!

Wow, thank you so much! I will definitely try to get tickets, I'm travelling from Southern Austria by train.

Only problem is, the registration is only in Croatian, I don't understand most of it :huh: I don't know if I can buy the tickets if the whole ordering process isn't in English.

Edit: Just saw there is an English registration page :duh:

Thanks for the link! If there will be a second show I'll definitely try for that one, too, and add a couple of days for holidays in beautiful Croatia.

It was on the news few hours ago that it is possible to add a second date if there will be big demand for the first one. I sure hope so :) :)

Ryanair is flying London (Stansted) - Pula...I was playing around with online booking and there are no flights on august 9th and 10th...
aug 6th - one way ticket is 70gbp, aug 7th - 40gbp and aug 8th 90gbp

buses from Pula to Zagreb drive constantly (10 per day or so) and cost around 20 € in one way

look, go to Pula one week earlier, enjoy coratian sea and especially croatian girls, and than come to zagreb...
Don't come to Croatia only for one or two days...take a holiday and enjoy yourself...

that goes for all of you non-croats... support our tourism and save us from recession :)

I have heard the tickets will be aviable also at eventim.hr. And question for Croatians, I've found pretty good looking hostel in Zagreb, for 18 euros per night. Do you know about any cheaper accomodation ? Somwhere near the stadium.
Wow but the price for GA is 67 euros:ohmy: A bit expensive considering that for Chorzow it costs just 43 euros.

So far, there's nothing on eventim.hr.

67 Euro seems regular price, there are certain fees on the tickets that may vary from country to country.

I'll definitely take some days off for holiday after the concerts, I love Croatia.

So far, there's nothing on eventim.hr.

67 Euro seems regular price, there are certain fees on the tickets that may vary from country to country.

I'll definitely take some days off for holiday after the concerts, I love Croatia.

I love Croatia too. Have been travelling there from '97 every year, but this summer I'm probably going to make an exception since I'll not have enough money... But I'd at least like to see Zagreb if I'll get the ticekts,

I have heard the tickets will be aviable also at eventim.hr. And question for Croatians, I've found pretty good looking hostel in Zagreb, for 18 euros per night. Do you know about any cheaper accomodation ? Somwhere near the stadium.
Wow but the price for GA is 67 euros:ohmy: A bit expensive considering that for Chorzow it costs just 43 euros.

I don't think that you can find anything cheaper in Zagreb...and to be honest I'm not really sure about the quality of Hostels here, but than again I didn't check them at least fo 10 years so I hope that they are improved now...

yeah, the price is on the level of west european concerts...and regarding Chorzow I think that Polish currency devolved/depreciated so maybe that is the reason for such low price...

Easyjet fly from Stanstead to Ljubljana, i have to recheck but it was around £100 return, no doubt they will add on a few nasty extras if i took the booking further though!

I don't think that you can find anything cheaper in Zagreb...and to be honest I'm not really sure about the quality of Hostels here, but than again I didn't check them at least fo 10 years so I hope that they are improved now...

yeah, the price is on the level of west european concerts...and regarding Chorzow I think that Polish currency devolved/depreciated so maybe that is the reason for such low price...

Thankfully we've got euro, if we still had had slovak crown it would have been more expensive.

Easyjet fly from Stanstead to Ljubljana, i have to recheck but it was around £100 return, no doubt they will add on a few nasty extras if i took the booking further though!

did you try Wizzair (Wizz Air) from luton to Zagreb? no, forget that...it costs almost 300 pounds...and they call themselves cheap airline....

the ticket with croatia airlines directly from Heathrow or Gatewick would cost around 220 pounds...return flight!!! so that would be cheaper than that flight that you found....

I guess that I'm not really helpful but at least I try :)

cheers

for all of ya arriving from Ljubljana by train to Zagreb:
return ticket costs 19,40€,

the timetable
from Ljubljana: 2:00 6:15 8:15 14:35 16:35 18:35 21:15
to Zagreb main station: 4:18 8:34 10:34 16:57 18:56 20:55 23:34

from Zagreb main station: 7:00 9:00 5:00 13:00 18:10 21:10 23:35
to Ljubljana 9:19 11:21 7:22 15:18 20:40 23:27 2:12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom