3 August - Veltins-Arena, Gelsenkirchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The link from yesterday evening was like an Pre:sexywink: onsale link, perhaps available til midnight. The officale sale have begun at 9 am this morning. I have bought without problems two GA`s yesterday evening.
For folks, which have an interest for GA`s, they have to watch the selling site, maybe it will possible, to get Ga`s 1 or 2 weeks later.
it was the same during the sale for the last tour. This is my experience about it.

greetz

Have fun in Gelsenkirchen, 100 euro for a seat is just to much. I bought two new model army tickets for a concert in wuppertal :drool:, bought two keukenhof tickets ( were a spongebob tulip will be presented ):reject: and i can send my wife away for a celtic festival for the weekend :yippie:for the same amounth of coins as 1 ticket will cost me.

...and i have seen U2 already 2 times before august ( what is the main reason )

^ But there were cheaper seats as well.

And yes, eventim always has a system of pre-reservation before the actual sale officially starts, I have experienced this with many concerts and think it's good, because it avoids the chaos when the general sale starts. Also, I think it's good they limit the number of tickets in the pre-reservation to 2 tickets per person, because they want to prevent scalpers from buying tickets. I've always had smooth transactions with eventim, and I've bought a lot of tickets there :up:

Hey there!

I just wanna alert you to an interesting thing I saw at 360.u2.com...well I dont know if it is any interest to you but here goes...

I was just browsing through the maps of each stadium out of curiousity and came across a newly updated map of Gelsenkirchen which clearly shows sizes of each specific area especially the stage and capacities of the floor, VIP areas and the "inside the claw" zone.

I cant bring the picture up here cos Im using my work's computer which blocked me doing so. Im sure someone here can do that for me to show you what I mean.

Fyi, the A area (the main floor beyond the "inside zone") has capacity of max of over 17,000. The D area (the inside zone) has just 2774 capacity which I think is slightly larger than the heart in 2001 (right?). The VIP area has a bigger capacity than I thought at well over 900 but Im guessing that will not be filled to capacity due to slow sales of VIP tickets.

i dont understand the rest as they are all in dimension sizes :reject: and so on.. but from what I could tell, it looks massive by the looks of those numbers!

cheers

dougal

lg_gelsenkirchen.jpg

:hmm:

Where are people staying? I plan to book a hotel room these days, but in Gelsenkirchen, all hotels seem to be booked out, there are only very expensive rooms available. Last time we were there, we stayed at the Ibis, which is central, but there is no room available this time. I'm flying in and out of Dusseldorf on 2 and 4 August and will stay for two night in the area, any recommendations?

My tix for Berlin and Gelsenkirchen arrived today from DHL!

I'm staying at the Hotel Arena in Gelsenkirchen at Willy-Brandt-Allee 54. I booked it through booking.com

It's all booked out, but I finally found a room near Gelsenkirchen, should be no problem getting to the arena from there and then back again to the airport.

Nice! I eventually managed to get a ticket to Zagreb 1 after failing the week before for what turned out to be Zagreb 2.

We should arrange a pub visit in Gelsenkirchen for a beer or two the previous evening. And then another in Zagreb. A pan-Europe pub crawl :)

Yes, we definitely should, I arrive on 2 August and leave on 4 August. I have to go back to Vienna again for a few days of work before I go to Zagreb.

They are opening quite a lot of shows:
barcelona 1: snow patrol, stereo mc's
barcelona 2: snow patrol
mailand 1: snow patrol
mailand 2: snow patrol
paris 1: kaiser chiefs
paris 2: kaiser chiefs
nizza: snow patrol
berlin: tba.
amsterdam 1: tba
amsterdam 2: tba
dublin 1: glasvegas, damien dempsey
dublin 2: kaiser chiefs, republic of loose
dublin 3: bell x1, the script
göteborg 1: snow patrol
göteborg 2: snow patrol
gelsenkirchen: tba
chorzow: snow patrol
zagreb 1: snow patrol
zagreb 2: snow patrol
london 1: elbow
london 2: glasvegas
glasgow: glasvegas
sheffield: elbow
cardiff: glasvegas

All the tba (to be announced) are Snow Patrol apparently. 14 out of 24.

GELSENKIRCHEN - Hotels and Transport

I am considering going to the Gelsenkirchen show. I have been to Cologne, but I am unfamiliar with Gelsenkirchen. Are there a good number of local hotels within walking distance or will I need to travel from Cologne, Dusseldorf, etc. My concern is that I want to make sure I don't get stranded after the show with no hotel nearby and no train, subway, taxi to get me to whereever my hotel is. I am also considering the Goteborg show and have the same questions as to that area. Any help is greatly appreciated.

When I tried to book a hotel room in Gelsenkirchen about 2 months ago, there weren't any available - I think except some very expensive 5* hotel. Seems everything is booked out. It's not a big city. In fact, you can stay anywhere in the area. Local transport takes you anywhere and trains/busses are going til after midnight. I'm staying in Essen, which is only 10 minutes to go by train. Cologne is pretty far away and I'm not sure there will be trains that late, also Duesseldorf. Try to find a hotel in the area, which you can easily reach with public transport.

If you need a Gelsenkirchen GA, let me know, I have an extra ticket left over, can meet you there

4U2play, I sent you a PM in regards to your extra ticket before I saw this post. Your profile shows California. I assume you are like me, an American on an adventure. What European shows are you going to? Hopefully we can work out a deal for your extra ticket. Will you be in the area a day or two before the show? I have a couple of unplanned days in my vacation, so I probably could meet you there to buy the ticket. Are you going solo or are you part of a group? My biggest concern is finding a hotel for that night. Do you have any suggestions? I don't want to buy a ticket only to be stranded after the show without a room nearby.

LAST UNICORN I have read your posts, what hotel are you staying at? If Essen is 10 minutes away that would work fine, but how late does trains, buses, taxis run? I just want to make sure I have a hotel that I can walk to or can reach by public transport.

I checked timetables and there are R trains (which are regional connections) basically all night. I'm sure they'll have extra trains with shorter intervals for concert night because there are always a lot of people coming in from the area who also need to get back after the show has ended. And if all goes wrong, a taxi should also work from Gelsenkirchen main station, it's only a short trip. In Essen, there are a lot of small hotels near the main station and city center. The public transport connections in that whole area are very good, it's basically all connected. I'm going to Duesseldorf by train the day after the show because I'm flying out of Duesseldorf airport.

Btw, from Gelsenkirchen main station you have to take tram line 302 which goes directly to the stadium. You can also stay in Bochum and take this tram directly there at the main station.

Thanks for joining me with my excitement Leif! LOL!

:happydance:

(Oh my god only one week...I'm so sick at the moment. I hope it gets better soon.)

Oh, I'm sad to hear that. Wish you to get well quickly and that it's not too hard. Hope the Berlin rain isn't responsible for that.

Getting all :hyper:ed up again!

I have no voice since last week...and now a really bad cold. But I'm eating aspirin like an idiot :crack:

anyway....:happydance:

No voice. That's tough. And what a shame! Hope the aspirin helps. And lots of Vitamin C.

At least you don't lose your great energy. :)

I have no voice since last week...and now a really bad cold. But I'm eating aspirin like an idiot :crack:

anyway....:happydance:

Sounds familiar to me :uhoh:

I was so sick in Berlin, it's getting better now.

I wish you all the best, get well soon.

Can't wait for the show, less than a week to go :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom