Your Blue Room.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sinead's great there (and in general) and she'd regularly make a contribution to the live show every now and then, remember that haunting intro to the Slane version of BTBS, I think it was used at at least a handful of other European Elevation shows

Is anyone else completely blown away that they played this?

No, I am not blown away that they played this. A beautiful, beautiful late night riddle in the studio version – with a worn out, Lou Reed voice telling the tale, Adam zooming in and a great guitar outro taking you on higher grounds.

What remained for the live version?
- Bono's 'new' singing style with new lyrics in the middle where once there was a band choir, not reaching the depth of his original story telling
- Adam does anything but singing his part (which would have been great ...)
- Guitar is replaced by – nothing, it simply is missing completly ...
- Recorded back vocals, instead of at least Edge doing them

No applause so - why? Only because U2 'played' it, no matter how? Nope, not enough for me ... Or is this here only for praising again?:hmm:

The thing with YBR is, they are not (and for good reason) going to do more than one largely unknown song per show where they do not get the huge response from the majority of the crowd. I don't even particularly want to be at a show where they try that more than once per show, if I'm honest with myself.

So...if they keep it, other rarities that might even be better received do not get attempted. It's a pretty steep price to pay for a song that isn't even technically on an official "U2 album". I dunno...I love the song, but I'd still rather see something from Boy/October/War...like, oh, Tomorrow :drool:

One thing the song has going for it is that it does fit the overall theme of the show very well :up:

cawg.gif

Fuck. Who the hell wants to see In A Little While on a live DVD release. The song's got nothing going for it.

I agree, and it's strange for them to try and morph the space theme into IALW, I really don't think the Space ship atmosphere came across that much last night to be the iconic DVD, but at the very least Bono nailed IALW.

I thought IALW sounded great last night. Like powerhour said Bono´s voice made the song.

Back
Top Bottom