MERGED - > Opening night issues/ Bono's Outburst - What do you make of this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BSBONO

The Fly
checking the fan reviews on U2tours.com and some disappointment in what appears to be alot of screw ups. Its opening night so I am sure they will get it together. But read this review..Was Bono really openly getting on the Edge?

just returned to the hotel here in barcelona...no matter how successful and big you may be there is no excuse for a performance like tonite...not only did U2 stumble over several songs and lose their way - i was shocked to hear Bono's plea to the Edge to 'stop playing', & 'listen to me Edge'...one does not expose their band mates no matter how bad the other may flaw...the choice of songs simply missed...this is typical U2 - saw them open a tour in Miami and the professionalism didnt cut it, only to be blown away in Toronto...guess i'll have to wait for that show again...and dont get me wrong i love this band, but the lack of practice shows...

Ehh, they probably had more screw-ups here than Los Angeles, Miami, and Lakeland, but this is still much better than PopMart, no?

the first San Diego show on Vertigo was absolutely dreadful. I'd decided then never to attend opening shows again for U2.

But I was still jealous of all the people in Barcelona today!:wink:

Kinda sucks for those who paid for the priciest tickets!

Or you can say, I was there the night Bono fell off stage, the night Eddie started the wrong song, or the night a bug flew into Fiona's mouth(ok that had nothing to do with opening night but it was hilarious)...

Rock bands are human, part of the magic comes from the humanity; it's a little different than the symphony or a play(although I've seen my fair share of mistakes in those as well). The difference being the mistakes in the latter two overshadow.

What did those paying the priciest tickets miss out on tonight?

Well on a positive note Ultraviolet looked and sounded pretty good. Hope they keep it the whole tour. Gotta love youtube. The video and sound being posted is great. On a down note for the most part the crowd looks relatively tame.

Now we should be glad they didn't start in the US! They get better as they go... always do.

Bono's Outburst

All we all gonna ignore the fact that Bono is a total tart for the way he treated The Edge during "One"? So, Edge messed up a little. Bono completely f-ed up WOWY like mad at the beginning far worse..

SMB

Neill Mc just twittered: neil_mccormickEdge says no keyboard sequence in One, just weird harmonic distortion throwing Bono off. Should've known it wasn't Edge's mistake

If I was Edge I'd have just broken out into an ear-bursting, earth shattering solo that basically said "F off B-man, this is MY SHOW" :wink:

Wow, that's what you consider an outburst? :lol:

That kind of talk is just carry over from rehearsals. Yeah it may sound "harsh" in front of a crowd, but it's nothing, in fact it was pretty tame.

Being in bands before, trust me, this is fucking Mary Poppins.

neil is the typical hardened Blue Crack user; he should join up.

He openly prefers and defends the Edge. He is cynical about U2's setlists (especially the 'warhorses'). Despite this he loves the band and their show. He's overly sarcastic.

All the qualifications

I'm sure he's just rusty

but I'm not used to feeling like The Edge messed up. It makes me all sad inside.

The Edge isn't human, is he?:sad:

Outburst? Seriously?

Sounds like he's just talking to him and not much different from the 'Not the first verse, not on the 2nd verse ' talk just before In God's Country in Rattle and Hum :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom