Edge gives some hints on the setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey by the way what was the song eno said was their best ever? was it moment of surrender?

Fairly sure it was "Breathe"

it was actually misquoted. Eno originally said that about MOS, but then Q Magazine quoted it wrong and every other publication picked up on it.

I think he called MOS their best ever, and Breathe their most U2-ish song he ever worked on, pure U2, or something like that.

From the new album they better play No Line and Unknown Caller.
Edge needs his moment live during UC!!!

I would really like to hear The Unforgettable Fire, A Sort of Homecoming, Wire, In God's Country, Surrender, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me and probably the song most requested on all U2 forums, Acrobat!

From what it sounds like with Edge saying they are getting rid of some songs from the last two tours, it looks like they may retire some old warhorses for a while. I'm sure they'll still be plenty classic hits but it definitely seems like they want to mix it up a little more this time around.

I know I'll be happy with whatever they play so I look forward to the surprises in the coming months.

Anything pre-Joshua Tree (and most of Joshua Tree) should be nixed, Bono said this tour is about "kissing the future, f@$king the past"....time to lay the 80's era to rest. U2 needs to ressurect their 90's sound during this tour, it meshes better with the over-the-top stage anyway.

New Setlist

U2.COM is hinting only 5 New songs will be played on 360 tour...

U2.com > News > Forty Days And Counting

So Boots and Magnificent are solid, so only 3 other NLOTH songs will be played....that opens up a huge back log of songs U2 hasn't played (Edge said they'll play songs not on the last 2 tours)....so by what we can infer U2 didn't count out Popmart - so maybe we'll get some Lemon, HMTMKMKM, Discotheque, Gone stuff from that era?

U2.COM is hinting only 5 New songs will be played on 360 tour...

U2.com has gotten SLIGHTLY better but not good enough to take them at their word...

Admittingly this is a slightly more difficult album to play live in the sense that it has a lot of songs that will have a very difficult time transitioning to the stadium.

So I think we can eliminate WAS and Cedars.

Fez-Being Born and MOS are very iffy... I would love to see them start the show with a pre-recorded Fez into a live Being Born, but I'm not holding my breathe. And I would love love love for them to be able to pull off MOS.

Can they pull off the chants in UC, or do they change it up?

But the obvious choices are; NLOTH, Breathe, Crazy, SUC...

I wouldnt really say they are hinting that only five songs will be played, they are just asking people to guess another 3 that will be played along with the 2 singles, imo there is no way the website will even know what the band are planning.

Wish List:
HMTMKMKM
UltraViolet
Heartland
TUF
ASOH
Promenade
Dirty Day
Walk On

Please Drop:
Boots
Pride