Complain & regret: Why so many songs sound worse on 360 ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is FACT. You are all wrong. Only I am right.

:blahblah:

Only I can know exactly what I think is a better song, and you can never prove me wrong.

/sarcasticresponsetosuprisingsheerstupidityalthoyouallwerebusywithabanningsotheresthat

Here's what is remotely debatable: which song would get better response from the crowd? Based on what I've witnessed personally, YBR falls short of those other four songs. It's not a lesser song, it's just not as sure fire of a win as say an Electric Co, Gloria, or Wild Horses.

My opinion is FACT. You are all wrong. Only I am right.

:blahblah:

Only I can know exactly what I think is a better song, and you can never prove me wrong.

funny thing about torn vinyl's predictable outburst was that i was just giving you shit. :lol:

Songs that need to go or be alternated for 3rd leg

These are songs I hope are given a rest for the 3rd Leg:

I Still Haven't Found What i'm Looking For
Mysterious Ways
In A Little While
Stuck In A Moment
With or Without You (Torn on this One)

The 1st 2 songs have been beaten down every tour and I was glad they stopped playing BTBS.

These are some suggestions of songs that need to be played or aternated nightly to keep the setlist fresh.

Kite/ Sometimes You Cant Make it on Your Own
Bad/ All I Want Is You
Even Better Than the Real Thing/Gone/Last Night on Earth
One Tree Hill (a Must)/In Gods Country
Stay/Electrical Storm
So Cruel/Sweetest thing
A Sort of Homecoming
Sunday Bloody Sunday/New Years Day
New York/Miracle Drug
I'll Go Crazy (not conga style but regular)
Elcectric Co/Gloria/Two Hearts Beat as One

This would keep the set list from being so stagnant and predicable on a nightly basis. I went to both Vegas and Rose Bowl shows and they were identical.

This would keep the set list from being so stagnant and predicable on a nightly basis. I went to both Vegas and Rose Bowl shows and they were identical.

Yes, I also hope, the next leg will be more interesting, far more interesting.:up:

Here's what is remotely debatable: which song would get better response from the crowd? Based on what I've witnessed personally, YBR falls short of those other four songs. It's not a lesser song, it's just not as sure fire of a win as say an Electric Co, Gloria, or Wild Horses.

:up:

These are songs I hope are given a rest for the 3rd Leg:

I Still Haven't Found What i'm Looking For
Mysterious Ways
In A Little While
Stuck In A Moment
With or Without You (Torn on this One)

The 1st 2 songs have been beaten down every tour and I was glad they stopped playing BTBS.

These are some suggestions of songs that need to be played or aternated nightly to keep the setlist fresh.

Kite/ Sometimes You Cant Make it on Your Own
Bad/ All I Want Is You
Even Better Than the Real Thing/Gone/Last Night on Earth
One Tree Hill (a Must)/In Gods Country
Stay/Electrical Storm
So Cruel/Sweetest thing
A Sort of Homecoming
Sunday Bloody Sunday/New Years Day
New York/Miracle Drug
I'll Go Crazy (not conga style but regular)
Elcectric Co/Gloria/Two Hearts Beat as One

exactly. its not that hard to make it so STAGED so SCRIPTED. its easy to throw in different songs. they changed setlits a bit, with the same damn songs. that was my major complaint for the tour. Music=spontaneous. Come on U2 step up to the plate.

exactly. its not that hard to make it so STAGED so SCRIPTED. its easy to throw in different songs. they changed setlits a bit, with the same damn songs. that was my major complaint for the tour. Music=spontaneous. Come on U2 step up to the plate.

probably 80 - 90% of the people who attend the concerts have no idea what songs they've been playing at previous shows.

probably 80 - 90% of the people who attend the concerts have no idea what songs they've been playing at previous shows.

it's fine for people who see one show but even if i saw one show i would hope U2 wouldn't get so scripted. like oh bono must be standing here for beautiful day. edge has to play the solo on the bridge. it's just lame!
I suppose I expect alot out of them because I think they are the greatest band ever.

People keep ripping on the same songs (WOWY, SBS, Pride, One). Get over it people, they've been crap for years now and we know it!

What I don't understand is how such a thread can undermine the brilliance of other songs? Bono hasn't pulled off such a great Bad in years (he belts out the "wide awake" like he hasn't in over 20 years), Ultra Violet sounds as great as ever, Vertigo sounds much better than on the last tour (the siren is epic!), the gaelic Beautiful Day intro is a very nice welcome, and so on and so forth. The new songs sound great live (unlike the last tour).

The thread has over 10 pages and is dubbed to be about a new topic, but really: It's something you find in 10000 other threads here --> WOWY is crap live, SBS sounds lame live, One sounds ridiculous live, Pride is as slow as my nanny. So what else is new???

it's fine for people who see one show but even if i saw one show i would hope U2 wouldn't get so scripted. like oh bono must be standing here for beautiful day. edge has to play the solo on the bridge. it's just lame!
I suppose I expect alot out of them because I think they are the greatest band ever.

if you only saw 1 show though, there'd be no way for you to know if it was scripted or not.

U2 tries to play the best show they can every night. they can't start concerning themselves with the small amount of people that see multiple shows or follow their setlists on the internet.

as far as the old songs being not played, the red hot chili peppers have at this point played shows without give it away and/or under the bridge. If they can do that u2 can certainly drop WOWY/MW. U2 has a deeper catalog of "must play" hots then the chili peppers. That blow away classic/over the top successful hit.

People keep ripping on the same songs (WOWY, SBS, Pride, One). Get over it people, they've been crap for years now and we know it!

What I don't understand is how such a thread can undermine the brilliance of other songs? Bono hasn't pulled off such a great Bad in years (he belts out the "wide awake" like he hasn't in over 20 years), Ultra Violet sounds as great as ever, Vertigo sounds much better than on the last tour (the siren is epic!), the gaelic Beautiful Day intro is a very nice welcome, and so on and so forth. The new songs sound great live (unlike the last tour).

The thread has over 10 pages and is dubbed to be about a new topic, but really: It's something you find in 10000 other threads here --> WOWY is crap live, SBS sounds lame live, One sounds ridiculous live, Pride is as slow as my nanny. So what else is new???

beautiful day is lame. i was merely stating my opinion more performance wise than anything. ultraviolet is definitely the highlight of the show for me.

I play music and I know it's tiring to be playing the same songs over and over again.
WOWY needs to be dropped at once. I mean, it has absolutely no energy live, it's like a dead song without soul. It just doesn't come to live anymore, unfortunately.
I'm glad Pride is out of the set.
NExt one that needs to be removed is Stuck in a moment. Too overplayed this tour I think. Or at least make an electric version once in a while.
Drop SBS a couple of times.

That's all. I'm pretty satisfied with the rest.

Are you new to U2?

as far as the old songs being not played, the red hot chili peppers have at this point played shows without give it away and/or under the bridge. If they can do that u2 can certainly drop WOWY/MW. U2 has a deeper catalog of "must play" hots then the chili peppers. That blow away classic/over the top successful hit.

Are Chilli Peppers playing stadiums?

Are you new to U2?

Are Chilli Peppers playing stadiums?

What's new to you? First tour I saw them on was Vertigo. I'm only nineteen years old but don't hold that against me. I know alot about their music.

All I meant was that U2 have been "scripted" since the late 80's, and even more so with ZooTV on. So I'm always shocked at those that act like this is a new thing...

I posted the following in another thread but think it appropriate here and I think it goes a long way towards explaining why lots of repeat show, hardcores feel disappointed alot: "I think a major reason why some long-time, loyal, passionate U2 fans are justified in feeling frustrated these days is because U2 is not even pretending to cater to them anymore in terms of live performances. I mean, why can't U2 just play 40 once at the close of a show, even if it is just one verse Bono and Edge acoustically? Don't they know how happy even that little gesture would make those hardcore fans who stayed past MOS? Doesn't the band recall how magical it was for thousands of folks to leave a stadium singing "how long" on the way out? It's the little things like that which are clearly in their control that simply don't occur anymore and while I resign myself to having no expectations, I understand the frustration of fans."

also, i think it is awful when fans are belittled for being excited about reading setlists on the internet and then being disappointed when those setlists never change. It might be one thing if you never got to hear or see clips of the show, but if I wake up one day and see they closed with Bad unexpectedly, or played 40, or what have you- hey, I later get a little 5:00 minute bonus part of my day on Youtube. I couldn't care less that they play MOS for the 61st straight time.

All I meant was that U2 have been "scripted" since the late 80's, and even more so with ZooTV on. So I'm always shocked at those that act like this is a new thing...

I know it's not a new thing. I thought Vertigo was less scripted than this tour. Like I said before I have high expectations for them.

all i meant was that u2 have been "scripted" since the late 80's, and even more so with zootv on. So i'm always shocked at those that act like this is a new thing...

that's your opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's your opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually, his comment is closer to a fact than opinion. i don't think it's even debatable that U2 have been scripted since at least the ZooTV Tour. whether you look at it as a negative or a positive, that's your choice. but it is what it is.

I posted the following in another thread but think it appropriate here and I think it goes a long way towards explaining why lots of repeat show, hardcores feel disappointed alot: "I think a major reason why some long-time, loyal, passionate U2 fans are justified in feeling frustrated these days is because U2 is not even pretending to cater to them anymore in terms of live performances. I mean, why can't U2 just play 40 once at the close of a show, even if it is just one verse Bono and Edge acoustically? Don't they know how happy even that little gesture would make those hardcore fans who stayed past MOS? Doesn't the band recall how magical it was for thousands of folks to leave a stadium singing "how long" on the way out? It's the little things like that which are clearly in their control that simply don't occur anymore and while I resign myself to having no expectations, I understand the frustration of fans."
What do you mean "they don't even pretend to cater" to hardcore fans? I don't want to hear 40, honestly it wouldn't do anything for me except make me think U2 are playing on nostalgia.

also, i think it is awful when fans are belittled for being excited about reading setlists on the internet and then being disappointed when those setlists never change. It might be one thing if you never got to hear or see clips of the show, but if I wake up one day and see they closed with Bad unexpectedly, or played 40, or what have you- hey, I later get a little 5:00 minute bonus part of my day on Youtube. I couldn't care less that they play MOS for the 61st straight time.
No one has been belittled. I asked a question, because I wanted someone to give me an honest answer. Ok, so you read setlist to see if you can find youtube videos, fair enough, it's a decent answer... But not all songs are going to have video, I'm glad we have youtube but personally sick of the guy in front of me watching the whole concert through his phone, and honestly it still doesn't make sense as to why varying the setlist is going to excite you. You just read it, you MIGHT get a video, and if you do it MIGHT be watchable. But me reading a setlist or not, does not impact my experience with U2 at all...

That was a poor post to waste that on. It really would have made more of an impact if it was on a poster that got onto you for that, and if it was truly an opinion being sold as fact. Your loss :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom