All Discussion on 2011 Rehearsals, Soundchecks *SPOILER ALERT*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...I don't think I can be mad at this band anymore, even after they caused the insanity that is the Interference Dark Ages over on WTAHNN. Holy shit. :drool::drool::drool:

OMFG!!!!!!! :hyper: Duuuude Zooropa is fucking epic!! If they don't play this then I think that'll be the last strike for me. They never played Drowning Man, they dropped YBR (although a bit of a sleeper), and now they have Zooropa being soundchecked. This and EBTTRT would more than make up for IALW, Stuck acoustic, and Elevation. If they play Zooropa then that along with EBTTRT would be the two best decisions made on this tour.

Montreal just got a bit sweeter. I hope I get to hear this at one of my shows this summer!!

this song means a lot to me.. This was the album and song that we played the hell out of the first year me and my hubby were dating, August 1993.:heart::love:

So U2 PLEASE play this song at one of the shows I am going to this summer.. :pray:

I'm listening to my ZooTV bootleg of August 11, 1993 when they played Zooropa for the second time EVER.

Over and over and over again in anticipation...

:drool:

I was there!!! I still play it over in my head!!!!! Those Wembley shows were something special. I even had naomi campbell stand next to me in the right pit at one of em!!!! She Didnt have to wait 8 hours before the doors opened like we did to get in the pit though.:d

As well as Zooropa it would be brilliant to see the macnas do the crazy stuff like they did on that tour.

:lol: You should have been standing next to me in Chicago the night they played Your Blue Room and skipped Pride. The woman next to me (who I didn't know) probably still has a black and blue on her arm.

Well if I was the other side she'd have ahd a matching pair. :d absolutely dumbstruck when that started I was!!!!

when/if it isn't played at the first show, I am going to be steering clear of this part of the forum!

but seriously - f'n awesome.

Holy shit, one of my all time favorites, and one that I thought we'd most definitely seen the last of back in 93, :hyper:. This doesn't entirely make up for the lack of an album, but throw in some more rarities, maybe a new single (even if it's one they premiered last year) and they can ease that bad mark on this tour.

Anyway though, HOLY SHIT!!!!

Despite my love for it, I never would have even asked for it, since I wouldn't think they'd play it in a million years, even with the reference to it in the MS transition.

Is a full band rendition of Stay too much to ask now?

this song means a lot to me.. This was the album and song that we played the hell out of the first year me and my hubby were dating, August 1993.:heart::love:

So U2 PLEASE play this song at one of the shows I am going to this summer.. :pray:

:)
I was 18 and a freshman in college at that time. I loved playing this album over and over.

when/if it isn't played at the first show, I am going to be steering clear of this part of the forum!

but seriously - f'n awesome.

from the two clips i've seen/heard, they are trying to figure out what to do with the transition going into cobl. if they are still not happy with it, i can see them not playing it tomorrow.

Wouldn't Zooropa into that "What do you want?" intro of MS make sense, as a sort of reprise of the intro?

HOLY HELL.

If they play both this and EBTTRT at the New Jersey show, I will combust out of joy.

I think if it makes the set, there's a good chance of it staying. It looks like it'll be part of a transition and U2 rarely breaks live transitions for a tour once they're set up.

I'm just thinking that I may possibly see Even Better, Zooropa, and Hold Me Thrill Me all in one night.

Hopefully, this means the 90s are back! :rockon:

Throw in Staring at the Sun instead of IALW, maybe The Fly in place of Elevation, and you've got a winner.

HOLY SHIT. I am literally exploding in happiness and I am quite stoked. Really can't wait for the setlist party, hope Zooropa make it's debut. FREAKING EPIC! :rockon: I love U2.

New EBTTRT and Zooropa... I think they are saying fuck you to the fans (like me) who let off some steam after the announcement of no new album

Really really want a new DVD now...

Set could easily be:

1. Even Better than the Real Thing
2. New Years Day
3. Get On Your Boots
4. Until the End of the World
5. Magnificent
6. Mysterious Ways
7. Elevation
8. I Still Haven't Found What I'm looking For
9. Beautiful Day
10. Bad
11. North Star
12. Miss Sarajevo
13. Zooropa
14. City of Blinding Lights
15. Vertigo
16. Crazy Tonight
17. Sunday Bloody Sunday
18. Scarlet
19. Walk On

20. One
21. Streets

22. Hold Me, Thrill Me...
23. With or Without You
24. Moment of Surrender.

Total of 8 different songs from the Rose Bowl. Would love to see that setlist.

All they need is a POP song, even Staring At The Sun Acoustic and the 90's can be finally be represented in the 360 tour. How is it that they can call this the "360 tour" if they won't even do a full "360" on their own songs and play some stuff they haven't in forever? Bring on Last Night On Earth!!

Recent 90's love might indicate that they are coming round to it...

I'd say they might be bored with sets and want to play a few rarities. I'd want to see LNOE, IGWSHA or DYFL

TheEdge25 said:
All they need is a POP song, even Staring At The Sun Acoustic and the 90's can be finally be represented in the 360 tour. How is it that they can call this the "360 tour" if they won't even do a full "360" on their own songs and play some stuff they haven't in forever? Bring on Last Night On Earth!!

You said you were done complaining :wink:

Total of 8 different songs from the Rose Bowl. Would love to see that setlist.

I'm sorry, but eight songs (just a third of the set) isn't exactly impressive, especially not to a casual punter who's already got the Rose Bowl.

That said, as somebody who didn't see much appeal in buying the Rose Bowl DVD, that set is just appealling enough that I'd probably get it.

I'm sorry, but eight songs (just a third of the set) isn't exactly impressive, especially not to a casual punter who's already got the Rose Bowl.

That said, as somebody who didn't see much appeal in buying the Rose Bowl DVD, that set is just appealling enough that I'd probably get it.

But hang on there ax, how many of those songs are songs that would have to be on there, or else a casual punter wouldn't buy it?

I would argue that they wouldn't care if there was another version of One, Street, WOWY, Still Haven't Found, mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day, COBL, Vertigo, Sunday Bloody Sunday and Walk On.

That gives us 18. So only 5 are double ups they wouldnt care too much about.

:bow:Finally! The song I've wanted most this entire tour!!!:bow:

Omg i almost crapped myself, but I'm gonna try not to get my hopes up. I have faith it will at least see a few shows. (praying 1 of those is Anaheim)

But hang on there ax, how many of those songs are songs that would have to be on there, or else a casual punter wouldn't buy it?

I would argue that they wouldn't care if there was another version of One, Street, WOWY, Still Haven't Found, mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day, COBL, Vertigo, Sunday Bloody Sunday and Walk On.

That gives us 18. So only 5 are double ups they wouldnt care too much about.

Don't think COBL and Walk On are exactly huge selling points like Streets and SBS are. But the more I think about it, the more you'd be subject to people not even really looking at the tracklist, just going "oh I already have a DVD from that tour" and not buying it.

Back
Top Bottom