ALL discussion about Acrobat here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they should scrap WOWY and have this as last 4 songs

Encore
ultraviolet
Acrobat
Love is Blindness
Moment of Surrender

Oh I could only dream

Acrobat for most is at the apex of the unplayed 'holy trinity'

Acrobat
Heartland
Red hill Mining Town

Indeed.

It has been said that sometime in the new millenium, Bono will step forward, hoisting a cherry-red Les Paul above his head. The hoisted Les Paul will reflect the light of the seen full moon. He shall turn to the largest speaker on stage, produce deafening feedback... Edge will emerge from the shadows and 3 simple notes... the intro to Acrobat.

Nope, it was rehearsed for the first JT gigs, but Bono couldn't reach the high notes so they dropped it and I still haven't found was rehearsed and later released as a single instead.

It was Streets that was released as a single in its stead, not Still Haven't Found. Wisest decision ever, perhaps?

I personally find RHMT pretty dull... Heartland is okay, but nothing that special to me. And I do like Acrobat, but it's probably not in the top half of AB for me (although I love all of AB).

Breathe and Acrobat are played in 6/8ths, but I feel U2 thinks Breathe is more dynamic when played live. I don't see them rehearsing Acrobat anytime soon. But, and a big but, I would love for them to play both songs back to back to have a mini 6/8th set, but that could only happen if Breathe was substituted with UC in the setlist.

It was Streets that was released as a single in its stead, not Still Haven't Found. Wisest decision ever, perhaps?

Are you suggesting Streets wouldn't have had the same impact had it been released at a different time?

I personally find RHMT pretty dull... Heartland is okay, but nothing that special to me.

I adore Heartland, one of their best... makes me want to sit on a hill in Southern American (US) and watch traffic...

And I do like Acrobat, but it's probably not in the top half of AB for me (although I love all of AB).

You love all of AB
Therefore, you love Acrobat
Not in the top half of AB
That's the equivalent of lower-upper class...

I love Acrobat
When I first heard AB, wasn't a fave... now it's up there top 3... with UV and SC

Acrobat is The Grail....

I could see Edge belching out that screaming solo. Found this on Youtube and looked up the following "U2 Acrobat". Go to :
[YouTube - 06 kane - acrobat u2 WqBc"][/URL]
this is horribly sang but fairly well played live cover of Acrobat I found by accident. Sounds like Creed and the vocals are not U2-ish but they play U2 pretty well.

^

Singing is terrible!!!

The drummer is pissing me off too, he is just playing fills, there is no constant rythm. Thatnks for posting, but i would say, overall, FAIL

:down: Me no likey!

Sorry--- Acrobat and Bono are like peanut butter and jelly. You cant have one without the other!!!!

Bahahah, funny how a thread here opened up on this in the last few days, then this shows up LOL

same blue background and writing that the fake NLOTH clips had on them too

Bahahah, funny how a thread here opened up on this in the last few days, then this shows up LOL

same blue background and writing that the fake NLOTH clips had on them too
Sorry Dan, but, Acrobat, well, I gave a shot. :hyper:

I try to contain my blind hope that this will be played, in contrast with my loving embrace for the surprise debut of ES, it just doesn't seem likely to ever happen. We're loving the resurfacing of older lesser known songs on the last few tours, but we're not talking about stuff that was never played, or at the very least never a single. Plus Acrobat has been around more than twice as long as ES and never been played.

Acrobat is my single favorite song ever, not just U2 song, so it would blow my mind beyond belief if it was ever pulled out, but I just don't see it happening.

And no, I don't think the interference servers could handle the wave of smilies (or enthusiasm) that would flood here if that ever did occur.

Hoax. Admittedly an elaborate one, but still a hoax.

Back
Top Bottom