U2 Santiago Pre-sale/Gen-sale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I decided to try again on Saturday night but my transaction failed one more time...

Then, on Sunday, one hour before the pre-sale was over, I gave it a last shot (not too much expectations on that one though, I just did it because the pre-sale was almost over) and after going through the whole process I got the message:
"Your transaction has been succesfully received" !!!! :ohmy:

I still can't believe it so I just called my credit card issuer and they told me that they do have a pending request for authorization. I tried to access my account details in Ticketmaster.cl but it seems to be disabled due to the current u2presale, but at least now I can say: there is hope! :)

My ticket sale has been confirmed on the Ticketmaster Chile site. I hope everyone else was able to secure tickets.

I am really looking forward to this show! It has been my dream to see U2 in South America since watching bootleg copies of the Santiago and Buenos Aires Popmart shows in 1998/99. The performance in U23D provided added incentive.

That's really great news Djsohl, congratulations!! :hyper: :applaud:

How did you verify the status of your transaction? Were you able to click on "Estado de Compra"?

And it's funnny you said that about going to South America because that is exactly my case, I fell in love with PopMart SouthAmerica and since then I have always wanted to be there!! (and U23D was just the straw that broke the camel's back)

Tickets confirmed, too :drool:

"TICKETS DISPONIBLES EN OFICINA TM" (Tickets available at Ticketmaster office).

Looks like the Santiago Ticketmaster office is here (Metro station Pedro de Valdivia):

La Concepción Nº 266. Of. 804

La Concepción Nº 266. Of. 804 providencia santiago - Google Maps

"El Horario de Atención es de Lunes a Viernes, días hábiles, de 10:00 a 19:00 Hrs"

(Hours of Operation are Monday through Friday, working days, from 10:00 to 19:00 Hrs)

Como Comprar - TICKETMASTER CHILE S.A

By the way, you might want to print the order page from TM.cl, since I'm not sure they will send us an email confirmation....

Tickets confirmed, too :drool:

"TICKETS DISPONIBLES EN OFICINA TM" (Tickets available at Ticketmaster office).

Looks like the Santiago Ticketmaster office is here (Metro station Pedro de Valdivia):

La Concepción Nº 266. Of. 804

La Concepción Nº 266. Of. 804 providencia santiago - Google Maps

"El Horario de Atención es de Lunes a Viernes, días hábiles, de 10:00 a 19:00 Hrs"

(Hours of Operation are Monday through Friday, working days, from 10:00 to 19:00 Hrs)

Como Comprar - TICKETMASTER CHILE S.A

By the way, you might want to print the order page from TM.cl, since I'm not sure they will send us an email confirmation....

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

When all of you guys get here, we'll throw (another) BBQ !!!
I'll make sure of that with my U2Chile.net friends :wink:

Hey... Is everybody here seeing where I can buy the ticket for Santiago U2 in ticketmaster today? Is possible a foreing buy a ticket in this page?
Thanks very much

Hey... Is everybody here seeing where I can buy the ticket for Santiago U2 in ticketmaster today? Is possible a foreing buy a ticket in this page?
Thanks very much

Hi,

Yes, some of us (foreigners) bought tickets in ticketmaster.cl.

You just have to register with a valid RUT number, but since we as foreigners don't have one we have to use our passport as per the following instructions (given to us by Nick some posts ago):

"Simply enter the first eight digits of your passport number (don't worry about adding any remaining digits).

Then, add the number 0 as the last digit of your RUT number. If it doesn't work, try number 1. If that doesn't work, try number 2, etc. Keep trying all the way until number 9.

My passport number finally worked with number five."

Good luck!!

actually, with "service charges": $93 dollars
without them: $80 dollars

yeah, a 2nd show is looking very unlikely :|

U2 did a nice job of keeping the prices in line for North America and Europe. Why the heck did they jack them up so high for the South American shows?

at least the stadiums they're playing here are much smaller than an NFL stadium, that makes the prices go up

I wanted a 2nd show :sad:

at least the stadiums they're playing here are much smaller than an NFL stadium, that makes the prices go up

I wanted a 2nd show :sad:

Well, the average attendance in the US was below 70,000-75,000 as in Argentina and Chile, let alone 85,000-90.000 in Brazil so that´s not a valid reason for higher ticket prices in South America.

I think that it all comes down to very greedy promoters. I feel badly for the Chilean and Argentinian fans who cannot afford to purchase tickets. I find this all disgusting.

I am doing my part by purchasing tickets for the Santiago and Buenos Aires concerts so that they sell out and add additional shows.

Besides, it's Christmas... who the hell's gonna spend around $300 dollars on ONE ticket?

Maybe in January this will pick up

:(

cleazer said:
I doubt they'd be able to fit 75,000 people in there

remember, there are always a number of sections that remain unsold and unused due to obstructed views

that said, I'm impressed that they still sold 10,000 tickets on the second day
that's amazing!

Yeah, that bodes well... I'd be surprised if there isn't a second show. It might not be a hot seller initially, but I think fans there will buy more tickets once Christmas is over :pray:

Ok.. maybe... I think... it looks like...

Santiago is SOLD OUT
215025108.jpg

AND we got the info that MUSE will play a 90 minute set

:hyper:

AND we got the info that MUSE will play a 90 minute set:hyper:

Excellent news, Pepo! That is awesome, 90 minutes of Muse to open, then two hours of U2... I wonder if they'll do that for the Argentina and Brasil shows, too? Also, what time will the concert begin, do you know? They'll have to start at least by 7pm, no? Which means doors will be at 4pm or 5pm. Can't fucking wait!!

I remain positive that Santiago will get a second show on 26 March, despite the "slow" sales for SCL 1. I think putting them on sale so late in the year, right before Christmas, was a mistake.

The ticket prices are too high for the local market, but I think Pauly Mac will take a chance with another concert there, knowing that it won't sell out.

Btw, I can't figure out if SCL 1 is actually sold out:

https://ticketing.ticketmaster.cl/tmfunciones_u2c.aspx

TM.cl was this way last night, too.... :scratch:

yeah, they just made maintenance to the page, that's why no one can buy anything. I guess being post-xmas sunday meant a slow day

about the 2nd show, let's pray. But first we must sell out the 1st show.

about doors opening, last time we (the people that stayed up all night) got in to a little area in the stadium premices around 7:30 am (becasue around 6 am, there were around 2000 people outside, if not more), then about 2-3 pm got into the actual stadium.

I don't know if that'll happen this time, but let's hope

Back
Top Bottom