U2 Santiago Pre-sale/Gen-sale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds good, Fer, keep trying U2.com. They said they only have eight people in the office and they are getting slammed with calls from all over the world hahaha. Your English is excellent, but they said they do have a Spanish-speaker there if that will make it easier.

Spoke to another great person at U2.com, called Luz. She gave me two new codes, but neither of them worked at TM Chile or Ticketek Argentina.

She said she will have her supervisor contact someone down in Santiago to get this problem fixed, and that they will email me with more information later today.

I will post the info here when it arrives.

Good luck to us all! :pray:

Best of luck for both of you.
I have just completed transaction to get field tickets for the second show in La Plata. Could someone please explain to me how on earth the most expensive tickets are already sold out???? If this is the case, I predict this show will sell out in less time than the first one.
It makes sense though. The show is on Saturday which incidentally is a Public Holiday in Argentina (so I´ve been told).

Thanks Fede! I'm glad you got your tickets for the Argentina show :up:

I have a theory about the Red Zone tickets. At leat here in Mexico, many people still believe that Red Zone is the inner circle where the stage is located (no matter you explain them it is not, they will still buy Red Zone tkts). And those were the first tickets to be sold out here in Mexico

Sounds good, Fer, keep trying U2.com. They said they only have eight people in the office and they are getting slammed with calls from all over the world hahaha. Your English is excellent, but they said they do have a Spanish-speaker there if that will make it easier.

Spoke to another great person at U2.com, called Luz. She gave me two new codes, but neither of them worked at TM Chile or Ticketek Argentina.

She said she will have her supervisor contact someone down in Santiago to get this problem fixed, and that they will email me with more information later today.

I will post the info here when it arrives.

Good luck to us all! :pray:

Thanks for the update Nick, it's a good thing that the supervisor will contact someone in Santiago, I hope they can fix this mess soon.

In the meantime I will keep trying to reach someone at u2.com hot line....

phew, what a day!

Thanks el_milagro :wave:, hope your figures are right because if this is just the u2.com presale I can't imagine how fun the general sale will be!:huh:

The question is how many tickets does LiveNation release for the U2.com pre-sales. It seems to me its a rather low quantity. Otherwise, GA for La Plata and Sao Paulo wouldn't have sold out in a matter of hours.

So has anyone outside of Chile received confirmation that their ticket order has been approved? My status still shows the order is being processed for credit card authorization.

Not me... Actually I tried half hour ago with a different pre-sale code and the same story: Was able to do the purchase and after some time in "Credit Card Approval in progress" status, it went to "Rejected, payment time expired"

I've been trying aall day looong to reach the u2.com hot line but no luck yet... I'm beggining to lose faith :crack:

It appears that my transaction went all the way through. It did not time out during the final step. I think that I am only waiting for Ticketmaster to contact my bank for verification and approval.

Have you tried logging into the site and checking your account? If you click on Estado De Compra, select Cliente Registado, and then enter your RUT, it should show any pending our completed ticket orders.

hey guys

why don't you try TODAY???

yesterday was the first day, maybe TODAY you'll have more luck

and I'm sorry Ticketmaster Chile is such a stupid and reckless company here. Really, I won't even try internet or call centers on Sunday night/Monday morning, because really, this country and this type of company just have NO CLUE or expertise on how to handle such a big ammount of traffic.

So on monday morning I'll try to be the first in line to get a U2 ticket IN LINE, old school style, the ONLY real way to get tickets here.

Nick, if you want (and if I can) I can buy one ticket for you.

just let me know :D

My wife called Ticketmaster Chile today on my behalf. My order is still pending, which is a good thing. They said that the authorization process can take as long as 24 hours. I keep checking with my card issuer as well as my Ticketmaster Chile order, and so far there has been no confirmation.

Has anyone else outside of Chile received confirmation of a sucessful order?

Tried again, no luck. The site will not accept any of the three presale codes given to me by U2.com.

I called U2.com, spoke to Ryan. He said that my original presale code still shows four tickets "unused". I told him that TM Chile doesn't accept it, what should I do? He said to contact TM Chile directly. I told him I don't speak Spanish, so that is not an option.

I asked him if I can get a refund of my $40. He said they do not give refunds, because they "provided everything the membership offers". I told him that the only reason I renewed my membership was for the presale code. He then repeated his "no refund" statement.

I told him I will call back on Monday and speak with a supervisor.

One would think that U2.com would do a test-run with these various international websites to make sure they operate properly. If my case was unique, I would understand the issue. But, since almost everyone is having this same problem, then it is incumbent upon them to either fix it immediately or offer refunds in the name of customer service.

Do they expect me to ever purchase a membership again?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pepo, you are the MAN!

If it is at all possible, I would love to get a GA ticket! I can pay you back immediately, of course. I will send you a private message..... MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!!

If you can't do it, no problem, I will figure it out somehow!

It would be great if our Chilean compatriots could buy up some extra GA's to help out fellow fans who have been shut out of the pre-sale. I would gladly take one of these extra GA's if my own ticket sale falls through. I can provide immediate payment.

Hi guys, I just called ticketmaster Chile about the invalid codes (because I've been trying more than 50 phone calls,literally, to u2.com and they never answered! neither yesterday nor today) and they told me to send an email to entradas@ticketmaster.cl requesting them to reset the codes.

I did that and got an answer back (email) in less than 5 minutes telling me that the codes are now ok.

Then I tried again and my first code worked, however I had the very same issue as yesterday: "Your purchase couldn't be received, try again a few minutes later". Then I went to check my account details and the purchase status was "Credit card approval in progress" but after 5 minutes it showed as "Rejected, payment time expired"!!!!

I called ticketmaster Chile again to get some help (keep dreaming) but the lady there told me that they cannot provide more help. She said that maybe I'm taking too long to enter my credit card data (I did it in less than 30 seconds, I swear!) or that the connection with my bank is failing and I should try again because there is nothing they can do!! :angry:

I gave it a shot with my other code but the exact same thing happened... and of course now both code display the "Code has been used" message again. :censored:

This is just ridiculous!!!

And it would be great as djsohl said if our chilean friends could get some extra GA's to help us out, I could also provide immediate payment. Man, this is really, really frustrating.....

Hey Fer and djsohl,

I just ordered four GAs for Santiago 1, but we'll see if it gets approved.

I emailed TM.cl to reset my code, as per Fer's note above, and they responded within 10 minutes saying that my code is now good.

I entered everything into the system, then got this message at the end:

"Su compra ha sido recepcionada correctamente, una vez aprobado el cargo de su tarjeta de credito, los tickets quedaran a su disposicion.
Favor consultar su estado de cuenta con los datos de la referencia"

Translation:

"Your purchase has been successful reception, once approved by your credit card, tickets remain at your disposal.
Please check your statement with reference data"

I went back into my account and found the order pending, with this message:

"EN PROCESO, AUTORIZACIÓN TARJETA CREDITO"

which means "IN PROCESS CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION"

If the order is accepted, I will hold one GA for each of you, if you don't have success on your own.

I will let you know what happens.... I suspect I will have the same problem as Fernando with the "Rejected, payment time expired" message, but we'll see.

Fer, I used a Citibank Visa card for payment, what are you using?

Thanks for the update 4U2Play!

That was exactly my experience yesterday. My order is still pending. hopefully it will go through completely.

Thanks for your offer of an extra GA! I greatly appreciate this. I will absolutely reimburse you for the ticket.

Wow!!

That's great news Nick!! and thanks a lot for keeping a GA for us in case everything goes fine!! I just had my codes reset one more time but haven't tried again.

Hope that both Djsohl's purchase and yours are succesful! If you need me to call ticketmaster Chile to verify anything just let me know.

I'm wondering if there really is something wrong with the connection to the mexican bank during my purchase...but well, at this point I don't really know what to think, I guess I have blamed on every Bank/Corporation/TicketSeller I know, haha.

Thanks to everyone here for all their help, I wouldn't know what to do without all the great ideas from you all!

If the ticket order is successful, I will spread the word to everyone over on U2.com who is having a heart attack about these codes. Plus, I will tell U2.com to advise fans to email the ticket vendors to ask about resetting their codes and trying again.

Maybe we can make a few more fans happy! (But, let's wait until my credit card is actually charged first, I don't trust them hahaha!)

yes, I have warned a couple of fans on u2.com about the RUT stuff you told us (because Moderators didn't even know that the web page requested a RUT!) and hopefully all the info we have gathered here will help someone else. And thanks to you too Nick!! you've helped us all a lot (as usual!).

I have a question about your purchase, what did you input in the "Bank" field? Did you input "Citibank Visa" or just "Citibank"? (I just put "Banamex")

I have a question about your purchase, what did you input in the "Bank" field? Did you input "Citibank Visa" or just "Citibank"? (I just put "Banamex")

I wrote Citibank.

I tried first with my American Express card, but it is not associated with any bank, as far as I know, so it got rejected.

I don't know why it won't take Banamex, wtf.

Well, hopefully my order goes through and you won't have to worry about it. My account still shows "authorization in progress", so I suspect it won't be final until sometime on Monday.

mm, yeah, it's strange they are not taking Banamex as a valid Bank, thanks both for your answers. I will try again later today (and tomorrow) but if it doesn't work and your purchases complete successfully as expected I will definitely take your offer of the extra GA you bought Nick, thanks again!.

It's been a hell of a weekend....

Great news!

I just received an email from Evelyn at Ticketmaster Chile. My transaction could not be completed because I mis-typed the card expiration date. She has verified that the transaction has now been authorized. She said that it would be Monday before I would see the confirmation on the Ticketmaster web site.

Anyone that has an order pending should be able to breathe a bit easier. If there is a problem, the staff will likely contact you. And, it might be a few days before a confirmation is received.

You can always call your credit card issuer to see if the have received a request to authorize a transaction. It is always a good idea to call them to make certain that they do not reject a transaction that is taking place outside of the US.

Great news!

I just received an email from Evelyn at Ticketmaster Chile....

Good to hear. It turns out that TM Chile provides good customer service after all!

Excellent advice regarding notifying your credit card company about pending international charges. I got screwed out of tickets in '06 because I didn't notify Citibank Visa about an international order, so they cancelled it.

Btw, I called Ryan over at U2.com and advised him to tell customers to email TM Chile rather than calling them. I also told him how to get a RUT number for foreign fans, so hopefully this will take care of 1/3 of their presale problems over there hahaha.

Damn, we should be managing U2.com.

The pre-sale is now over. I hope everyone that was trying to get tickets eventually found sucess.

The pre-sale is now over. I hope everyone that was trying to get tickets eventually found sucess.

My chilean friend Dafy has heard from a reliable source that right at this moment (first day of ENTEL pre-sale) 60% of total tickets has been sold.
If this is in fact the case, the show will sell out in no time once tickets are put on sale to the general public. A second show should be announced for March 26.
I´m starting to think Chile is proportionally the country with the largest number of U2 fans in South America.

My ticket sale has been confirmed on the Ticketmaster Chile site. I hope everyone else was able to secure tickets.

I am really looking forward to this show! It has been my dream to see U2 in South America since watching bootleg copies of the Santiago and Buenos Aires Popmart shows in 1998/99. The performance in U23D provided added incentive.

Back
Top Bottom