SLC Presale/General Sale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just tried to login at smithstix, and besides the site is shit slow it says my username does not exist. :huh: I registered wednesday! Never got a confirmation email though. But I did fill in adress/creditcard information. Fuck.

I'm trying to reregister and the site is failing. :crack:

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I'm wondering if these are registrations for 2 different things, although they're both from Smith's tix. I'm not quite sure, but before I saw Rosa's post on how to register, I had gone to Smith's Tix website, tried to do a fake purchase to the Billy Joel/Elton John concert, just to the point where it asked me for the username and password. And that's where I registered. This registration didn't require me to give credit card information.

When I tried to log in to this site (Activate Cookies) using that username I had just set up, it told me my username doesn't exist. So I registered again. This time, with the credit card info and all.

Then when I purchased the ticket I logged in using the first username I set up during the fake Billy/Elton transaction.
I was logged in, and then I had to give my card information to complete the purchase.
Which leads me to believe the second registration I did was not for purchasing tickets?

GG, if you registered on that site, you can come back to it, try to login (if you're not signed out from it already). I think you should be able to get into your account there, and there is an option to delete your credit card information if that makes you feel better. Hopefully you can get to that part...

I went to the site the way was posted here and followed htat. But now I can't login there anymore. I made a new account and now I got a confirmation email. Maybe something went wrong yesterday. I checked my CC and nothing's been taken out so I've not been scammed.
Thanks for the advice, I'll just try to sign in when my group opens up and then see what happens.

I'm gonna delete my account as soon as I have this ticket, as I'm not ever going to use it before. BUt it's shit slow now already, how on earth will they handle the public sale??

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I'm wondering if these are registrations for 2 different things, although they're both from Smith's tix. I'm not quite sure, but before I saw Rosa's post on how to register, I had gone to Smith's Tix website, tried to do a fake purchase to the Billy Joel/Elton John concert, just to the point where it asked me for the username and password. And that's where I registered. This registration didn't require me to give credit card information.

When I tried to log in to this site (Activate Cookies) using that username I had just set up, it told me my username doesn't exist. So I registered again. This time, with the credit card info and all.

Then when I purchased the ticket I logged in using the first username I set up during the fake Billy/Elton transaction.
I was logged in, and then I had to give my card information to complete the purchase.
Which leads me to believe the second registration I did was not for purchasing tickets?

GG, if you registered on that site, you can come back to it, try to login (if you're not signed out from it already). I think you should be able to get into your account there, and there is an option to delete your credit card information if that makes you feel better. Hopefully you can get to that part...

I went to the site the way was posted here and followed htat. But now I can't login there anymore. I made a new account and now I got a confirmation email. Maybe something went wrong yesterday. I checked my CC and nothing's been taken out so I've not been scammed.
Thanks for the advice, I'll just try to sign in when my group opens up and then see what happens.

I'm gonna delete my account as soon as I have this ticket, as I'm not ever going to use it before. BUt it's shit slow now already, how on earth will they handle the public sale??

Yeah, I created an account also with the CC information and it didn't recognize it either. I had to create another account at the moment I bought the tickets.

Like someone had said (maybe in the other thread) he thought an account had to be opened at the time of purchase and they do give you enough time to put in your information so it wasn't an issue.

I took down the link in my post since that account doesn't seem to work anyway.

Got my GA... after about ten attempts to get the captcha thing right. :crack:

I got the secret word the first time but it didn't recognize my username/password so I had to create a new account - it was hella stressful but I got my 1 GA. I HATE buying tickets - one of these days I'm going to have a heart attack doing it - good thing I'm in good cardio-vasuclar shape.

mustn't be too many people with presale codes left. i'm just having a look, & have been pulling up GA's at 10:45, that didn't seem to happen in most other presales.

pity i've actually used all 4 of my presale allocations, & didn't go ahead with the purchase.

i'll have to brave the gereral sale

Nobody's seen a venue presale have they?

I found a presale link on Smith's tix, for Ute Fans (Utah Athletics community - University of Utah), but it requires a unique presale code :angry:

I have a friend who was able to buy 4 tickets at 10 am on Thursday with a presale code she got because she is a member of the "Crimson Club" which supports University of Utah Athletics. Other than U2.com and the Crimson Club presale codes, I haven't heard of a venue presale.

I'll have to the general sale - to verify - that's 2/22 at 10 AM MST?
So, I went to the Smith's site and set up an account, with just my email addie, password and my name - no CC info was asked for. Am I good to go on Monday?
Help!
And - I wonder if Smith Grocery store ticket windows will be up and running at 10 AM on Monday? There's one just up the road from me.

I'll have to the general sale - to verify - that's 2/22 at 10 AM MST?
So, I went to the Smith's site and set up an account, with just my email addie, password and my name - no CC info was asked for. Am I good to go on Monday?
Help!
And - I wonder if Smith Grocery store ticket windows will be up and running at 10 AM on Monday? There's one just up the road from me.

If you're going to use the Smith's site, I'd do a test run, as some people are having troubles logging in. There seems to be 2 places where accounts can be set up, & only 1 type of account will let you purchase tickets.

So do a test run. Select an event, select the type of tickets, then you'll be taken to the sign in page, where hopefully your email & password will be recognised. If not, setting up an account on the 'Smith's Tix Customer Portal' section of the homepage worked for me. You'll be taken to a ticketingcentral.com address, to set up an account.

Seems like people are having no problems setting up accounts during the presale. But who knows if this'll be a problem during the crush of the general sale.

ps. After creating an account, I logged into it, went to the 'My Account' tab, & entered my details in the 'General Information' & 'My Credit Card' tabs. The more info you can supply now, the less you'll have to during the general sale.

good luck

I have a friend who was able to buy 4 tickets at 10 am on Thursday with a presale code she got because she is a member of the "Crimson Club" which supports University of Utah Athletics. Other than U2.com and the Crimson Club presale codes, I haven't heard of a venue presale.

Thanks for the info. Looks like it's going to have to be the general sale for me then.

Create your account & log-out, then go to smithstix.com, on the right side of the screen, click the box that says customer portal and log back into your account. When you get to the welcome screen, you will see 6 tabs at the top of the screen. If you click on "my account", you will see 2 additional tabs: General Information and My Credit Cards. On the My Credit Card tab, click "enter a new card" and then add your card information, you will still have to enter the "verification number" and accept the terms of the sale, but you will save precious seconds and hassels when buying your tickets. Also, once you have bought your tickets, you can go to the My Orders tab and see your transaction.

General sale opens at 10 am mst 2/22 at all smithtix locations, phone & online. Just heard that SLC radio station 101.9 will be at Smith's grocery at 9th & 9th on 2/22 to give away a pair of tickets plus a U2 tribute band will be playing in the store. They also have been giving away tickets each morning during their 11:00 o'clock tick-tock U2 tribute segment.

THREE FRACKIN' MINUTES and I have two GA's!!!! Woohoo!

It was scary though, because the site was crashing and burning big time, but once I finally got through all error messages, it was smooth sailin!

Back
Top Bottom