In the pit or front row outside of it? What's the verdict?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thank you so much for this vid Tony!! It's helped me decide where I wanna be. Inside the pit, or rail of the pitch. I am DEFINITELY choosing the inside of the pit now. I had been contemplating for a while where I should be. I'm 5'6 and I think this'll be fine for me. And I want all of the energy from the pit too. :rockon:

Whoo, first ever U2 show tomorrow in Foxboro!!! :cabbagepatch: :yippie:

nice vid Tony, this helps figure out where I'd like to be ideally. Looks like the view of the screen is decent as well.

The view from this spot worked out really well. I got in line at 5:30 am (my wife met me in line at noon....I let her sleep-in while I secured a spot for us) for the Sunday September 13th show. We were among the first 20 people let in for GA and I immediately staked a claim to the center back rail of the inner circle. 90% of the people let in at the same time went to the front rail of the main stage.

Great view of the guys when they went around to the front of the catwalk. My videos are posted here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TP1134

Thank you so much for this vid Tony!! It's helped me decide where I wanna be. Inside the pit, or rail of the pitch. I am DEFINITELY choosing the inside of the pit now. I had been contemplating for a while where I should be. I'm 5'6 and I think this'll be fine for me. And I want all of the energy from the pit too. :rockon:

Whoo, first ever U2 show tomorrow in Foxboro!!! :cabbagepatch: :yippie:

Happy to help :D Keep in mind that the main stage is several feet high and the catwalk is only 4 feet high.

has anyone gotten into the pit by having the management give out extra wristbands in the back of the field? i know this happened often on Vertigo... was seeing if it was continuing.

i have off both days for the Giants Stadium shows... so i could sit outside all day and assure myself a pit spot, but i really don't wanna.

also looking like it could be in the 40's thursday night.

You don't need to sit outside both days. I got into the pit both nights in Toronto by arriving at 6:30 pm and they were letting people in well after that as well.

I'd never line up for a stadium show after seeing the situation here.

I'm doing my first GA for a U2 show on Thursday at the Meadowlands. For a while, I was considering front row, but both my aunt and I are short and I've heard the stage is rather high, so I'm thinking I'll settle for the back rail inside the pit, maybe on Adam's side, since I gather Edge's side will be the most crowded (if I don't go to a side, maybe towards the center). From what I've heard, if you get inner circle and a wrist band, you can come and go (i.e. to concessions or the bathroom), and that's a huge plus for getting inside for me.

I'm really excited and can't wait for Thursday! It's going to be a long 3 days in the office. :hyper:

You don't need to sit outside both days. I got into the pit both nights in Toronto by arriving at 6:30 pm and they were letting people in well after that as well.

I'd never line up for a stadium show after seeing the situation here.

now that's music to my ears. a solid 5/5:30ish arrival should get me into the pit then. awesome :hi5:

Got in the pit at 7:15 last night at Gillette. They said it was full at 6:30, but it was really sparse, and then they started letting more in later.

The section behind the redzone on both sides is the place to be. I will get there right in time for opener in ATL, and Raleigh and stand right there. It is very sparse crowd wise, has a great view, is still very close, and they sound was great. I moved back there for the last two songs, to get a different view. Was much better than 10 feet from the stage on Adam's side.

The sound inside the circle is pretty quiet, and Bono's voice was much higher in the mix. They sound much, much better just outside the inner area.

soundboard?

I was thinking of getting there a bit early (around 6pm). Sounds like this will get us into the pit. Stay there for half the show for the energy, particularly when they first come out. Then move to, say, the soundboard. As some have mentioned the sound quality is best here, there is more room and the visuals would likely be pretty cool there.

How does this strategy sound?

Anyone have thoughts on the soundboard area? Is the sound really that much better there? I know in Vancouver, the stadium is infamous for horrible sound quality (it's a dome).

Inner circle, second row from back of pit, towards Adam's side= amazing spot. (Gillette Show1) barely any pushing, bridge stopped about 10 ft away. my recommendation would maybe be edge's side though, because Bono spent more time on that side of the ramps. I thought the sound was great in the inner circle, but perhaps it would have been even better outside it? who knows? all I know is I'm glad I didn't have the 300s seats because my parents had them and there was a horrible echo..that sucks.

I do say this having not been in the pit, but outer rail>pit. The pit looked so crowded from the rail. We were quite comfortable on the rail. Surprisingly, lots of room to move around.

I was outer rail outside the circle on Adam's side the past 2 nights. Perfect view. Bridges didn't get in the way at all. Lots of interaction from the band.

We were actually going to go for the pit last night. It was my friend's birthday so we had agreed to do the pit then because it was her day. :) But after being on the outer rail for the first time of all the shows she had been to, she changed her mind.

Ok, so a lot of you are recommending inside the pit, but at the back against the rail. How will that work for somebody really short like me? I can't imagine having that many people in front of me (the entire rest of the pit) and being able to see the band AT ALL when they are on the main stage. Am I wrong? Can someone explain it better if this is not the case?

the stage is pretty high. as long as you don't have a tall person directly in front of you- you should be fine. my wife is 5'-2", and she could see well on the side by adam. we will be on the outside of the pit on the side right behind the red zone the next couple of shows we go to though. you can see the best there with the least amount of interference (i don't care about the "energy" of the crowd around me, which to me, is really just people singing very loudly and badly right in my ear).

Just an FYI for those of you concerned about arrival times... Got in to Gillette on Monday at 6:15 or so, and was able to EASILY get inside the pit between Bono and Adam. Could have gotten relatively close to the front, but we hung back along the inside of the rail instead. If you want to hang out within 1 row of the inside of the rail, don't worry about showing up too early - everyone is constantly pushing towards the front so it's easy to get space near the back.

So are there different wristband types or something? Like is there a seperate inner circle band? I'm a bit confused? :huh:

Also the back rail, inner circle is my preferred location, but if me or one of my friends wants to go do some toilet business, is it easy enough to take off and retrieve your spot again, or is this quite a hassle? Is there like a latest time you can go get a drink/toilet break before you are sort of boxed in or anything? Thanks guys :wave:

I've thought a lot about the pit or non-pit question recently after seeing 3 shows this year. I've come to the conclusion that U2 is using the bridges and catwalk much more now than they did last year, which is basically a good thing, but standing in front of the stage I was having a hard time even seeing all the band members who were happily running around on the catwalk and bridges. So I think the catwalk is a very good spot, because you see the stage, you see the band and you see the screen in its full glory. I'll try for a catwalk spot for my next show. Honestly, I think the FOS area is overrated, especially for this tour.

Back
Top Bottom