Bono's Surgery and Tour Postponement - Info & Discussion Here - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SInce the economy is so bad and my job is gone I need my money back for tickets I bought. When I contact live Nation they want to rape me by taking the service fees and not refunding. This is the problem with Live Nation running concert business. They say since it is postponment then they get to keep fees. THis is BS>>>

To not refund all of our $$ is criminal. I plan on contacting lawyer to see if we can start a suit against Live Nation to get our Fees refunded.

Don't let Corporate America steal your hard earned cash

They have had our money for enough time that the interest they have earned is more then our fees....

Stand up..... For your Rights........

:sad::doh:

According to other people who got refunds the only fee that wouldn't refund was the $2 per ticket fee. They've told you something different?

why is it silly? first of all i wasn't only talking about american dates. look at it from a business standpoint. if you give the perception that there will not be anymore concerts, then die hard fans will fly from overseas to see them. and how long now have they had to try and schedule southern hemisphere dates? come on now.

why is it silly? first of all i wasn't only talking about american dates. look at it from a business standpoint. if you give the perception that there will not be anymore concerts, then die hard fans will fly from overseas to see them. and how long now have they had to try and schedule southern hemisphere dates? come on now.

They are not giving the perception there will be no more dates.

The percentage of those that will fly across the world for a concert is small, and Live Nation knows that.

We know nothing of southern hemisphere dates, everything has changed now due to the postponments.

This isn't some scheme to make you fly to Europe...:huh:

I could be wrong it just frustrates me because I have seen no indication from live nation or u2.com which are the only legit sources that there will be more concerts other than the rescheduled dates. of course there are "rumors" there will be others, but live nation has not come out and said, "hey don't bother going to europe because we will be bringing the tour to a city near you" I am of course holding onto my tickets for salt lake and denver, but I'm sure many ticket holders are wondering when and why they will have to wait a year to see their rescheduled shows. two reasons, other tour plans they are not telling us about that will take place before the rescheduled dates, and also availability of stadiums in the usa.

I'm sure many ticket holders are wondering when and why they will have to wait a year to see their rescheduled shows. two reasons, other tour plans they are not telling us about that will take place before the rescheduled dates, and also availability of stadiums in the usa.

... it's not a secret that they have other dates scheduled in Europe. No one's hiding that from anyone.

Am I misunderstanding you?

I could be wrong it just frustrates me because I have seen no indication from live nation or u2.com which are the only legit sources that there will be more concerts other than the rescheduled dates. of course there are "rumors" there will be others, but live nation has not come out and said, "hey don't bother going to europe because we will be bringing the tour to a city near you" I am of course holding onto my tickets for salt lake and denver, but I'm sure many ticket holders are wondering when and why they will have to wait a year to see their rescheduled shows. two reasons, other tour plans they are not telling us about that will take place before the rescheduled dates, and also availability of stadiums in the usa.

Now you're really not making sense...

The reason why they have to wait a year for their resceduled shows is pretty obvious to everyone. :huh:

I saw that article in an email from @U2, with an editor's note that they were checking into that.

Not sure how reliable The Sun is (they're kind of just a tabloid, right?), but maybe we'll get lucky here.

She's at the bus stop with The News of the World and The Sun, Sun, here it comes.

I'd just like to thank ESPN for giving me my daily fix of U2 during this postponed tour.

Today's version of Streets was pretty cool.

I am sure they're gonna wait to issue refunds until the dates are announced. Then, people will have up to a certain date to return their tickets. After the certain date, you can no longer and there will be a resale on ticketmaster for the returned tickets. Then, after all that is said and done, U2 may add some additional shows or maybe add some addition cities

SMB

I've kind of been assuming next year's rescheduled dates will be similar to the June/July timeframe we had this year.

"Spring" makes me a little nervous. Based on weather/outdoor stadium logistics, I don't know that I'd trust anything being in the actual spring in the US.

For the sake of argument, really - I know summer doesn't actually start until late June. :wink:

well the rumored dates for the rescheduled shows in the USA is april and may, so I guess this video isnt anything new.

Um so what's the general consensus, guys? Are people trying to get refunds? I actually hadn't considered doing that, I mean, the money's already gone, and I don't want to try and go thru the stress of getting 2011 tix.

Come to think of it, attending the shows costs loot too...so I'm actually saving $ this summer! Makes selling one's tickets even less appealing..now mind you I'm not flying to see them...that would indeed suck.

Just adding my 2 cents... I received an email from Stub Hub (bought my ticket late) and they said to hold on to it and the FAQ on U2.com says these tickets will be good for the rescheduled concert...

I don't understand wanting to get refunds before the new dates are even announced, unless someone knows that they will not have extra money to fly somewhere next year because of vacation, surgery, or whatever tying up all their U2 funds.

The gal I sold my Minneapolis GA to emailed me last night to say "let me know if you hear anything about refunds." :(

I asked if she was going to try and still go next year, but that refunds will probably only be offered to the original ticket holder, as they'd charge back the credit card.

I'm a little worried she'll come back and want me to buy the ticket back and make me do a refund, or sell it. I really don't want to do that, but would also hate to be the person with the "it's your ticket now :shrug: " response.

Any tips for how to gently pass on that message, if it comes to that?

I don't understand wanting to get refunds before the new dates are even announced, unless someone knows that they will not have extra money to fly somewhere next year because of vacation, surgery, or whatever tying up all their U2 funds.

The gal I sold my Minneapolis GA to emailed me last night to say "let me know if you hear anything about refunds." :(

I asked if she was going to try and still go next year, but that refunds will probably only be offered to the original ticket holder, as they'd charge back the credit card.

I'm a little worried she'll come back and want me to buy the ticket back and make me do a refund, or sell it. I really don't want to do that, but would also hate to be the person with the "it's your ticket now :shrug: " response.

Any tips for how to gently pass on that message, if it comes to that?

Huh. That's an interesting dilemna, hadn't thought of that (second hand sales/trades). Noone that I sold tickets to has emailed me about it yet, so I guess they must all be hard core nutters like us! :wink:

I guess if it came down to it you could possibly just get the refund and facilitate a paypal to her or something..but someone would likely have to eat $5 or so in transaction fees..gah. :|

Okay... I understand now. People want refunds because they can't go to the rescheduled concerts. I was getting nervous thinking I had to buy a new ticket :doh:

Do people really believe that there could be outdoor concerts in the middle of April in Denver,Salt lake,Seattle and Edmonton?????:huh:

And there's absolutely no chances of outdoor gigs in Montreal in early-mid May.That would mean they would have to start to built the stadium in the middle of the winter,for god sake!.Spring runs until June 21st officially ,so i expect that the North east dates will happen during that month.

Back
Top Bottom