Bono's Surgery and Tour Postponement - Info & Discussion Here - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Montreal is on that list of places that U2 always seem to play that much better, more intense and the place just goes off.

Other spots? Rotterdam and Denver come to mind... Northern CA (whether Oakland or San Jose)...

Yes Rotterdam...good old days...This will never happen again. Since some years LiveNation directs all artists to the cold, echoing AmsterdamArena... it's a shame that logistic reasons (or whatever is tehr eason) count more tahn musical reasons.

The only advantage is that Edge doesn't have to worry for his 'delay effects' ..the stadium is doing that for him :)

I heard somewhere that with the rescheduling of the North AMerican dates to 2011, LiveNation is also thinking of other cities. Does anyonme know more about this? Does it mean some cities will not go on, and others take their place? Or extra dates? Anything known about U2 playing Glasto in 2011 (probably not, and if they would, they probably would keep it quiet anyway...)

Mr Hewson~

Baby slow down.

Look at this as a wake up call, recoup and reboot yourself.
Remember you're not 17 any more -full of piss and vinegar.
Also, in the larger scheme pardon the cliche' but "things do happen for a reason".
Seek the reason, understand it, appreciate the reason and learn from it.
Perhaps you fellas can now release the new album.
Give the people what they want.
Feel better, hug your wife and babies often.

<>

Mr Hewson~

Baby slow down.

Also, in the larger scheme pardon the cliche' but "things do happen for a reason".

<>

That is great! Beautiful job! :up:

Mr Hewson~

Baby slow down.

<>

:applaud: Well said.
:up::heart:

They probably won't want to play a home concert if it's not in the summer though right? Who wants to go to a stadium show in the late fall that far north?

When Springsteen played Giants (no roof) Stadium late Sept last year....:huh::lol: It was the strangest concert tht i'd ever been to! He/They were great but....

It got down to around ?50F ish without the wind!!! The four of us were alllllll cold. And we thought we had dressed warm enough!

Bruce/E ST we seriously associate him/them with Summer and Outdoor Shows ( in the colder weather he would ply indoor arenas) and there we are half-freezing our butts off!
A bit ways in I laughed and started doing an old football chant (boola -boola, boola boola! ) because i realized that's what it was like!

I heard somewhere that with the rescheduling of the North AMerican dates to 2011, LiveNation is also thinking of other cities. Does anyonme know more about this? Does it mean some cities will not go on, and others take their place? Or extra dates? Anything known about U2 playing Glasto in 2011 (probably not, and if they would, they probably would keep it quiet anyway...)

Don't see why they wouldn't add cities they couldn't do this year. Maybe hit up Nashville or Columbus. Perhaps Texas again or a second Floridian city (praying for a first ever Orlando show)

SMB

USA could reap benefit of 2011

If all goes well with recovery for Bono and the band fire up Europe and maybe S America and then return in 2011 with a new album out and comfortable with the Claw Machine and new songs we could get the best shows of tour.

Also if New Album is out and good they might add more dates in US to recoup the losses they incured with 2010.

Win Win for all getting a new show from same tour.....
So Bono take it easy and write some new songs whilst you heal.......

:hyper:

Don't see why they wouldn't add cities they couldn't do this year. Maybe hit up Nashville or Columbus. Perhaps Texas again or a second Floridian city (praying for a first ever Orlando show)

SMB

I LOVE your thinking with a Columbus show...ANY OHIO show would be great! Mind boggling that they didn't schedule one here...every tour since Boy has had at least 1 Ohio date PLUS U23D is playing indefinitely at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame....I have seen it LOADS of times there and every showing has been basically sold out!

As for the new cities that might get added,my bet are on Mexico city,Foxborro,St-Louis and Austin......and Pittsburgh

I'm thinking Atlantic Canada debut (Stones and ACDC did well) or a return to Winnipeg. I've seen San Diego suggested elsewhere. Fenway?

April/May/June also opens up some other oppurtunities: Coachella(doubtful), Bonnaroo and even a tour closing show at Glastonbury WITH the claw.

Outdoor stadiums in April will mean tour rerouting. Southern dates before Northern ones.

Originally Posted by U2FanPeter
Watch the Edge video again and see how he talks about Turin.

What is the deal with Turin?? :confused:

"Sometime in August, somewhere in Europe" - Edge

Let's just say there's many Bono related variables between now and Turin and Edge knows it.

The MLB baseball schedule is done around July-August for the following season.So right now ,Live Nation has pretty much the 2011 summer dates open for them.

As for the new cities that might get added,my bet are on Mexico city,Foxborro,St-Louis and Austin......and Pittsburgh

Montreal is on that list of places that U2 always seem to play that much better, more intense and the place just goes off.

I'm thinking Atlantic Canada debut (Stones and ACDC did well) or a return to Winnipeg. I've seen San Diego suggested elsewhere. Fenway?

Outdoor stadiums in April will mean tour rerouting. Southern dates before Northern ones.

Some good thoughts...It would be pretty awesome if U2 could play concerts on the Eastern Seaboard. However, I can't see them in Moncton, Montreal, or Boston in April. It has to be June or July (preferably late June or July...my two step-children are graduating from high school next year!!!:sexywink:)

April/May/June also opens up some other oppurtunities: Coachella(doubtful), Bonnaroo and even a tour closing show at Glastonbury WITH the claw.

They don't play in a open field GA only.So doubt very much that U2's gonna pay another 3 millions to built a stadium in Moncton.Winnipeg could be an option,though.Specially since Minneapolis only has singles remainning

It stil mind-buggling that they agreed to do this for Montreal.3M when this tour will roughly make a significant profit,(adding the postponement in all this)

You've clearly haven't seen U2 perform in Rotterdam then. :D
Though I agree with you on the Arena and the city. But you're talking nonsense again about their football team. :p
:reject: Busted.

And Where's Feijenoord in the competition this year then? Hm? :grumpy: Still bummed Twente got the cup by 1 freakin' point.

I saw the opening 3 "Zooropa" tour shows in Rotterdam. I had a great time. The shows were amazing.

Is the stadium acoustically perfect? No. Most stadiums are not. Morst are not designed for that purpose.

I've heard bootlegs from other Rotterdam shows... I stick with my original assessment. U2 and Rotterdam go together. I'd spend the money to travel to see them there again.

Lucky bastard! :)

The Feijenoord stadium is certainly better than the Arena in terms of acoustics, but I just prefer Amsterdam, as my dad's family comes from there and I've grown up going to Amsterdam. :wink: And there's always a rivalry between Amsterdam fans and Rotterdam fans due to football.

Bootlegs aren't very differen I think as the Dutch crowd in general is very energetic, I've not really found a difference in them yet.

"Sometime in August, somewhere in Europe" - Edge

Let's just say there's many Bono related variables between now and Turin and Edge knows it.

Check the video again. Edge specifically says that when the Turin show starts they'll be ready to go.

They don't play in a open field GA only.So doubt very much that U2's gonna pay another 3 millions to built a stadium in Moncton.Winnipeg could be an option,though.Specially since Minneapolis only has singles remainning

It stil mind-buggling that they agreed to do this for Montreal.3M when this tour will roughly make a significant profit,(adding the postponement in all this)

:wave:
I figure they :heart: Montreal and the crowds there...hoping to see this in person next year. I have been waiting for a long time for this opportunity!!!

Glastonbury would have been a open field. The Nice show in France was mostly a field show with a small number of stands. The Dublin shows didn't have anybody behind the stage. Moncton is natural grass amphitheater for 80,000.

In 2009 McGuiness said they'd only played tiered football stadiums, which didn't last that long. 2010 schedule had some baseball stadiums etc.

Winnipeg is interesting since they thought about adding a show in Edmonton(Popmart had 2 there) and now Minne is sold out. Winnipeg has a football stadium that can hold up to 50,000, which I think sold out on Popmart. Stones did close to 200,000 tickets in the Canadian prairie region a couple years ago.

Looks like Paul isn't letting him out of his sight. :wink: Glad to see Bono looks okay!! He must be recuperating in France.

Last edited:
mmm some people are saying apparently that is an old pic. :( PLEBA would know.

U2girl mentioned in another thread that a site is reporting a rumor that they're all at the Eze location, rehearsing. Not sure if that helps clear this up or not.

It's just rumors on rumors, so ... I guess not. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom