Best stage/pitch diagram seen yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here in Europe there's usually one or two GA entries at the same end of the stadium. Once the doors open you have to run... I think you can enter the claw space through a small tunnel under the circular catwalk as we had with the heart in 2001..
getting up early on the day of the show and be at the stadium before 11.00 am will guarantee you a spot in the enclosed section... if you want to be in the claw space make it a few hours earlier..

guess we'll see when we get there... i'm quite excited about it all really, what with it starting in Europe it will all be quite a surprise!

at the Stade de France last tour, the GA entrances were all round the stadium, some even at the farthest end from the stage, and it was all random - it just depended on which entrance was printed on the ticket... so even getting there at the crack of dawn, if you're at one of the southern gates you would have to sprint the length of the pitch as fast as hell, by which time loads of people would have got in at the nearer gates...

never mind... will just have to get started on my sprint training just in case i don't get a good ticket (if i actually manage to get a ticket that is!) lmfao

Zap!

Why doesn't it bother you if the band is dishonest about the number of cheap tickets they have?

I haven't seen anywhere where they have... when you know for sure that they lied to you, please let us know.

It just seems like you're searching for something to bitch about, ever since you started posting.

I haven't seen anywhere where they have... when you know for sure that they lied to you, please let us know.

It just seems like you're searching for something to bitch about, ever since you started posting.

"Bitch?" Nice! (it kind of weakens your point to start name calling, but I digress)

Here's the quote!

Field level is going to be $55, and there will be 10,000 tickets a show, every show, at $30, [Arthur] Fogel says.

from the Billboard article Exclusive: U2 Readies '360' Global Tour

That sounds pretty concrete to me. Not a whole lot of wiggle room there. I don't hear any caveats to his "10,000 tickets a show, every show" policy (even though I would wager good money that there won't be 10,000 $30 tickets in Las Vegas).

You might suggest that such a kindhearted gesture was not intended for fans in Europe, which may be true.

But is that something to be proud of? Do we not have a right to criticize the band for claiming to sell 10,000 low cost tickets, but not sticking to that rule in Europe? Billboard's website is international, not just accessible to fans in the United States. If I was a U2 fan in France who read that article, wouldn't it be reasonable of me to feel a little irritated?

Not only that, but a fair chunk of the seats in the "blue" economy section from the Paris seating appears to be grayed out in the seating chart from the official website:

m_171024.gif

lg_paris.jpg

"Bitch?" Nice! (it kind of weakens your point to start name calling, but I digress)

Here's the quote!

Field level is going to be $55, and there will be 10,000 tickets a show, every show, at $30, [Arthur] Fogel says.

Saying someone is "bitching" is not calling someone a "bitch", but nice try...

Arthur Fogel was quoted as saying that, not U2, so if anyone is wrong it will be him, but go ahead and try and find a way to blame Bono.

Also, I'm pretty sure you are aware that not every market uses the dollar, so why would you assume he wasn't talking to an American market?

When you find out for sure that Fogel lied, blame him. But until you see the finalized layouts of the US shows you won't know.

Saying someone is "bitching" is not calling someone a "bitch", but nice try...

Yeah, it is. Judges?

Arthur Fogel was quoted as saying that, not U2, so if anyone is wrong it will be him, but go ahead and try and find a way to blame Bono.

Also, I'm pretty sure you are aware that not every market uses the dollar, so why would you assume he wasn't talking to an American market?

When you find out for sure that Fogel lied, blame him. But until you see the finalized layouts of the US shows you won't know.

Your splitting hairs to say that the CEO of Live Nation doesn't represent the tour. He is perhaps as involved in the tour as anyone. And he didn't come up with the 10,000 number out of his ass. At some point, it was discussed with the band.

And I never said I was blaming Bono specifically. I think the U2 organization as a whole is questionable, with McGuinness perhaps the most responsible.

Yeah, it is.

Not here in the real world. Believe me, I would never call anyone a bitch.

Your splitting hairs to say that the CEO of Live Nation doesn't represent the tour. He is perhaps as involved in the tour as anyone. And he didn't come up with the 10,000 number out of his ass. At some point, it was discussed with the band.

And I never said I was blaming Bono specifically. I think the U2 organization as a whole is questionable, with McGuinness perhaps the most responsible.

Actually you did. Now who's lying?

you'll have to pardon me for being a little skeptical of Bono's claim that 10,000 tickets per show will be sold at the lowest price level ($30 in North America).

Yeah, it is. Judges?

It's definitely different - if someone says "stop bitching about that," they're not calling anyone a bitch. They're just using a more vulgar way of saying griping or complaining.

:)

But carry on with the stage/seat conversation.

Actually you did. Now who's lying?
Holy crap, how do you find that stuff? Are you stalking me? :wink:

Fair enough. I vaguely recall a radio interview in which Bono said that 10,000 tickets would be $30, but I could be wrong about that. It was Arthur Fogel who may have been lying on the band's behalf. We'll get confirmation of this when we see seating charts for Sam Boyd Stadium.

From U2's official website, the March 9 release "U2 360 Tour Revealed"

"U2 has always been at their best when surrounded by the audience, this staging takes a giant leap forward. With 85 percent of the tickets priced at less than 95 Euro, general admission floor tickets priced at 55 euro and at least 10,000 tickets at every venue priced at the 30 Euro price range, we have worked very hard to ensure that U2 fans can purchase a great priced ticket with a guaranteed great view" says U2's manager Paul McGuinness.

Liar!

Seriously, though, he lied.

From U2's official website, the March 9 release "U2 360 Tour Revealed"

"U2 has always been at their best when surrounded by the audience, this staging takes a giant leap forward. With 85 percent of the tickets priced at less than 95 Euro, general admission floor tickets priced at 55 euro and at least 10,000 tickets at every venue priced at the 30 Euro price range, we have worked very hard to ensure that U2 fans can purchase a great priced ticket with a guaranteed great view" says U2's manager Paul McGuinness.

Liar!

Seriously, though, he lied.

Not for anything, but do you have an accounting of the seating prices or something? Or are you basing your accusations on one seating chart?

Not for anything, but do you have an accounting of the seating prices or something? Or are you basing your accusations on one seating chart?

The cheapest seats viewable on the Milan/Paris venue are nowhere near the 10,000 of all tickets that were promised. Go to the Milan DVD, does that upper 3rd tier look like 12-15% of the venue to you?

The cheapest seats viewable on the Milan/Paris venue are nowhere near the 10,000 of all tickets that were promised. Go to the Milan DVD, does that upper 3rd tier look like 12-15% of the venue to you?

That's fine, but I still don't think these accusations of lying are anything but speculation based on a seating chart.

That's fine, but I still don't think these accusations of lying are anything but speculation based on a seating chart.

This thread could get VERY interesting if one calculates how many cheap seats there are by counting them. Various online sources of seating charts can give you exact answer.

Last edited:
Great, why don't you count them and then send Paul McGuiness and Arthur Fogel and nasty email.

So you've just resigned yourself to being lied to? I don't think there's more than 4,000 EURO$30 tickets at San Siro.

When I uploaded the Vertigo tour rehearsal setlist from Vancouver in March 2005, McGuiness called me "some lunatic that could hear through steel doors" in the Toronto Sun. Maybe I can have him "punkd" a 2nd time?

It is kinda pathetic that the worst seat behind the stage is not the cheapest.

So you've just resigned yourself to being lied to? I don't think there's more than 4,000 EURO$30 tickets at San Siro.

When I uploaded the Vertigo tour rehearsal setlist from Vancouver in March 2005, McGuiness called me "some lunatic that could hear through steel doors" in the Toronto Sun. Maybe I can have him "punkd" a 2nd time?

It is kinda pathetic that the worst seat behind the stage is not the cheapest.

so what you're saying is that you're still bitter that paul mcguinnes allegedly called you a lunatic.

ok... at least we understand now.

Is there a Milan price/seating chart out there? I haven't seen one if there is.

I was basing my comments/allegations :)wink:) on the Paris seating chart. I know enough about stadium design (it's one of my freakish hobbies) to know that the blue areas in that Paris seating chart don't add up to 10,000 seats, especially when you take the grayed-out rows into account.

Great, why don't you count them and then send Paul McGuiness and Arthur Fogel and nasty email.

The reason why the deception is wrong is two-fold:

1. Public relations: The $250 top ticket price goes down a little smoother with the media and with fans if you also promise to sell 10,000 tickets at $30 or 30 Euros per show.

2. Fraud: for U2/Live Nation to less than 10,000 tickets at the lowest price would be the equivalent of a bait-and-switch. Sure, we'll tell you we have 10,000 cheap tickets available, but when you actually try to buy those seats, you may have to pay a higher ticket price because the real number of cheap tickets may be closer to 6,000 or 7,000 tickets.

It wouldn't be so bad if every venue had a published seating chart with prices prior to the on-sale; however, as you already know, that is usually not the case.

Back
Top Bottom