1.4 Billion Chinese U2 Fans Waiting for U2 Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2cn

Babyface
:hyper:I'm one of the 1.4 billion chinese,and absolutely a super U2'fan .

But!!! i'm not sure how many U2'fans among the rest of us!:doh:

Joke, but I hope they will come to China one day in future:applaud:

Will your government allow Bono to yell "TIBET!!"

Will they allow U2 to play "Mysterious Ways" or "Get On Your Boots"?

Will U2 be able to play without submitting their setlist to the government for approval?

A "no" to any of these questions probably means no appearance by U2 in China.

The stones were quite restricted setlist wise when they played there.

i wonder how Bono will sing Sunday Bloody Sunday and Bullet The Blue Sky without his famous chants. Can he shout "Fuck the Revolution" again there? :D

I think I read something about U2 being banned in China because of political and religious reasons and that's why Bono wrote the line "See China just in front of you" in Beautiful Day, can someone remember any of of this?

I think I read something about U2 being banned in China because of political and religious reasons and that's why Bono wrote the line "See China just in front of you" in Beautiful Day, can someone remember any of of this?

if U2 show up for a gig in China everyone in this forum should cancel his membership, ask for refund of the u2.com membership as well and stop supporting someone who would officialy support country with such leaders.

:| I really don't understand, what is happening here. I can not believe it. There is a Chinese U2-fan, writing to us from Xi'an – by the way one of the treasures of mankind and without a doubt one of the most cultural places on this one planet – expressing the desire, that U2 should also play in China. U2 playing in our hometowns and home countries – isn't this a wish, a dream, we all share und understand? But instead of saying a loud "welcome" – what at least I'll try to do now @u2cn:wave: – all I get is the bashing of the member's home country. Is politics really all, that matters? Can't we just say hello to our Chinese U2-friend? Think about a bit, fellows ...

if U2 show up for a gig in China everyone in this forum should cancel his membership, ask for refund of the u2.com membership as well and stop supporting someone who would officialy support country with such leaders.

Yeah, maybe, but that wasn't what I was talking about, I was asking if someone remembers reading anything about U2 being officially banned in China because of the political and religious principles in their songs, and that Bono wrote that line in Beautiful Day, wishing to sing in China because that would mean Chinese people would free from the political and religious point of view.
By the way, I try not to tell other people what they should do, so please, don't tell me.

:| I really don't understand, what is happening here. I can not believe it. There is a Chinese U2-fan, writing to us from Xi'an – by the way one of the treasures of mankind and without a doubt one of the most cultural places on this one planet – expressing the desire, that U2 should also play in China. U2 playing in our hometowns and home countries – isn't this a wish, a dream, we all share und understand? But instead of saying a loud "welcome" – what at least I'll try to do now @u2cn:wave: – all I get is the bashing of the member's home country. Is politics really all, that matters? Can't we just say hello to our Chinese U2-friend? Think about a bit, fellows ...

I wasn't bashing anything or anyone, I just remembered having read something about that, which explains why U2 don't play there.

I didn't realise this is new member as the joining date is from 2005, but, of course a big HELLO!:wave: to u2cn, wish you a happy time in interference!

Sorry if I did say anything that could have offended you, it wasn't my intention at all!:reject:

It's unlikely to ever happen in my opinion because of the strict control the Chinese authorities have over cultural expression.

U2CN, is it possible to buy U2 CDs or download U2 songs easily in China?

Bono has said he really wants to play there but "they" (unspecified, probably management) keep teeling him he can't.

I think the Beautiful Day - China right in front of you - line has more to do with China's upcoming economic power.

Hi u2cn!! :wave: I was in China one year ago and was looking for U2 cds. I bought Achtung Baby, Pop and How to dismantle an atomic bomb chinese edition... :drool: , couldn't find anything else.

By the way, I was in the Great Wall listening to "Beautiful day" and seeing China right in front of me.....that's something I'll never ever forget!.....:love:

Your words is exactly what i desired.I also read some news about U2 that they banned to china,a gig seems to be the most luxurious things to Chinese U2-fans in China.But this didn't reduce my passion on them.I love their rhythm,words,appearance and even their movements.

I set up the Chinese fans website 4 years ago,and now could be the biggest U2 fans forum in China.Of course,i'm the administrator of this forum.
the website is: www.U2cn.com (Adv.if this is allow)

It's unlikely to ever happen in my opinion because of the strict control the Chinese authorities have over cultural expression.

U2CN, is it possible to buy U2 CDs or download U2 songs easily in China?

There is 2 Chinese edition U2 CD(pop,zoorapa) which can legally sell in Chinese music store,but the most of the CDs is the smuggle ones.They are very cheap and easy to find.China havn't set up a legal system about the media broadcasting in internet,so there is planty of resources about U2 in China which can get freely.

Hi u2cn!! :wave: I was in China one year ago and was looking for U2 cds. I bought Achtung Baby, Pop and How to dismantle an atomic bomb chinese edition... :drool: , couldn't find anything else.

If you didn't enjoy the last journey in China,you can come to China again and visit my home town Xi'an.I can be your good guide!

I would love to see U2 play China, goodness, if they played Hong Kong I could probably even go see the concerts, since I've got ties there. In any case, I hope one day it can happen, or they can visit more nearby areas at the very least. :)

Play in China lol, Maby they will but edge better learn how to play the piano for all there songs or the violin, Chinese don't like loud music lol :hyper:

I'm Malaysian Chinese, but consider myself ethnic Chinese.

I'll quote a few of the people I know here and say that "U2 are largely a white person's band...", which I've found true.

But hey, if Asians can listen and enjoy U2, all the better for it!

There is 2 Chinese edition U2 CD(pop,zoorapa) which can legally sell in Chinese music store,but the most of the CDs is the smuggle ones.They are very cheap and easy to find.China havn't set up a legal system about the media broadcasting in internet,so there is planty of resources about U2 in China which can get freely.

Thanks u2cn, I wonder why they released Chinese editions of Pop and Zooropa and nothing else?

I like the idea of listening to smuggled U2 CDs, those songs ARE rebel songs :)

Don't forget U2 played the Tibetan Freedom Concert in New York and Bono's met with the Dalai Lama, so I think U2 showing up in Beijing is unlikely. I'm sure they'd love to play for the fans there, but the current situation makes that impossible.

I'm Malaysian Chinese, but consider myself ethnic Chinese.

I'll quote a few of the people I know here and say that "U2 are largely a white person's band...", which I've found true.

But hey, if Asians can listen and enjoy U2, all the better for it!

You're the whitest person I've ever met, anyway.

On the other hand...

there are those who said once the Beatles were smuggled over the iron curtain, it was only a matter of time til democracy and human rights.

So maybe U2 would consider to do a show in that spirit to subtlely encourage that hope

there are those who said once the Beatles were smuggled over the iron curtain, it was only a matter of time til democracy and human rights.

So maybe U2 would consider to do a show in that spirit to subtlely encourage that hope

Dude, if Wham can't kindle a democratic revolution in China, I don't think anyone else will

Back
Top Bottom