How I Met Your Mother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright, just got caught up and watched the first two episodes of Season 5. Looks like the show hasn't lost anything yet, which I didn't expect it to. Hilarious stuff, especially in the season premiere episode. Last night, Ted's second blind date plot was sweet and led to a typically nice HIMYM ending, but the premiere episode was classic. Jason Segel, as I think I mentioned earlier in this thread, has eclipsed NPH as the best part of the show. His "NOT GOOD ENOUGH!" whip-cracking bit was awesome, and I laughed my ass off when he came strolling in at the end of the episode for Tuxedo Night. "Hello. Hello. Good eve-a-ning. Don't get up. Did we meet on a yacht?"

So, yeah, this is still running at high quality and is still one of my faves. It's hard to screw up what they've got going with this great, great cast. And Robin is as adorable as ever.

You guys are seasons ahead here, and obviously a tonne happens that I've not watched yet, but cupcake girl, he says to the kids before telling her story that in his quest for finding the mother, his life changed (or something to that effect) when he met her. Does she or someone associated with her pop up again, after her Germany stint?

I'm glad, cause she was kinda irritating. Still, he did state that things, the path his life were to take, changed upon her entry into his life. I'll have to replay the into and recall it. I wish I wasn't reading meanings into everything, lol.

I feel like he says that very often...that "the path" leading to the mother was changed forever. But it's always something small. Used for dramatic effect.

And , yeah, you're way behind if you're still on cupcake girl. Do you live in some sort of oppressive anti-television political state or something? :wink:

I wish I wasn't reading meanings into everything, lol.

This is an interesting point, only because I find that I read into a lot more now than I used. I try to find meaning in every little detail, whether it's on HIMYM, or anything else I may be watching/reading.

And I can only attribute that to my obsession with LOST. I find it's hard to watch things the same way I used to, and it's really kind of tiring sometimes. I sometimes just want to relax my mind and just watch for the sake of watching.

agreed, i didn't really like cupcake girl either. it's been ages since i've seen that episode so i don't remember what i hated about her. :lol: but yeah like gaf said, it's mostly said for drama. there's still no real clues as to who the mother is, just theories.

silly me is still somehow hoping it's robin. :reject:

it ain't robin.

although i'm in principal photography on a spin-off series entitled "how gaf met and fucked robin and your mother"

it should be a good one

^ id watch it.

Yeah they have said numerous times that it isnt robin. Id love it to be, but I have infinately more respect for the show for not following the boring fairytale route

Plus they're really goin for the whole Barney/Robin thing now and, personally, I like it. I know of a couple of long time watchers of the show who aren't happy with that plot-line, though

What'sa matter four eyes, you gotta stigmatism or something?

only one more day until my net goes back to normal and i can actually watch the second ep.

these videos on the net are such poor quality... but i'm getting my fix at least.

another pretty good episode, wasn't great though. stripper lily was pretty funny

i'm not really feeling this season. it's still (really) early though. i don't know, i feel like the storyline's getting dragged out regarding the mother, and
barney and robin dating
isn't nearly as interesting as i thought it'd be.

I feel like he says that very often...that "the path" leading to the mother was changed forever. But it's always something small. Used for dramatic effect.

And , yeah, you're way behind if you're still on cupcake girl. Do you live in some sort of oppressive anti-television political state or something? :wink:

I fear you're right, that it's nothing but a tool to feed the drama. Also, yeah, I live in a land that is approximately 2-3 years behind everyone else. I hate being part of some cool crowd who watches all the popular shows (really, it's that I can't commit easily to a schedule for watching coz I have the attention span of a cocker spaniel), but also I'm really impatient and like to be able to watch on DVD when I can see a season in a matter of weeks, back to back, etc. I do this with a few shows that I wager will pay off, lol.

This is an interesting point, only because I find that I read into a lot more now than I used. I try to find meaning in every little detail, whether it's on HIMYM, or anything else I may be watching/reading.

And I can only attribute that to my obsession with LOST. I find it's hard to watch things the same way I used to, and it's really kind of tiring sometimes. I sometimes just want to relax my mind and just watch for the sake of watching.

Same here! LOST is the cause of a great amount of change for me. I so wish it wasn't, but it's renewed an interest in shows and made me suspicious of every plotline I see now, lol.
:tsk:

good episode. the writing's still not as tight as it has been, lagged a bit, but there were some great moments. the poems, and in particular the ending.

girl - are you coming back to bed? professor?
ted - i love being single.
robyn - are you ready for brunch with marshall and lily?
barney - what have i done?!

It seems that everything I do these days is compare things to my beloved LOST, but here goes:

What the writers need to do, much like in LOST, is publicly announce an end date for the series. This way, they'll be able to know exactly how fast or slow to pace themselves, because right now it seems like the show is in a holding pattern. The writing doesn't seem as focused as in the past. And it doesn't seem like we're any closer to at least starting the path to how Ted meets his future wife. The season thus far has been more about Barney and Robin's relationship than anything else.

I'm really not feeling this season - so far - and I'm not liking Barney in a relationship. He's lost some of the edge that made him my favourite character on the show.

in my opinion

I'm really not feeling this season - so far - and I'm not liking Barney in a relationship. He's lost some of the edge that made him my favourite character on the show.
agreed. it's just...any of the comedy or drama you think would come from it has been non-existent. they're just a boring couple.

plus ted needs to actually meet a woman where there's at least a possibility of a relationship. i say that only because i think the mother thing is getting stretched a bit too thin, how many seasons will it be before we get a decent idea? once we get a good idea some woman could possibly be the mother that's one season for courting her, marrying her, etc. maybe it could be stretched into a second season. but i'm afraid if they keep milking it for one more season (which it seems that they've done to me anyway) by the time we find out the mother, no one will care. and no one will watch the show anymore.

as much as it hurts me, i agree with you all. this may just be the beers taling. but let's hope this season picks up and s6 is the last or even thisd one.

marshall and lily are becoming caricuatures of themselves, it is somehwhat abboying

great episode! nothing sucky at all about that episode i thought, even though they have visited the robyn-deportation thing before.

i loved it, how about you all

Back
Top Bottom