Big Brother 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Without giving anything away, I can say that what has gone down this week (since the veto) ensures that regardless of whoever goes home tonight next week will not be boring.

Frankie's grandpa died while he is in the house

ariana-grande-beyond-broken-after-death-of-grandpa.jpg

there is a family resemblance

I can't decide if Zach is a total asshole in a good way (ie in the Dan/Dick/Matt mold) or in a bad way (Russell/Howie/Tom from BB Canada).

This week seems so inevitable, I'm already looking forward to getting Wednesday over with and the eviction so that we can see who goes up next week :slant:

Forgot to add to my last post, Derrick's grandfather has passed away as well. They let him know about it on Friday evening and it will most likely be shown on the show Wednesday. They held a house memorial service for both Frankie's and Derrick's grandfathers over the weekend.

It's just crazy to me that he threw the HoH to Frankie so that Frankie could see photos of his grandfather, and then his own passed away the very same or next day. As far as I can remember there have only been two relatives of HG's passing away or falling ill during the show, once was when one of the contestants' sisters was killed in 9/11, and also Evel Dick leaving the first week of Season 13 (although we don't know for sure what happened other than that it was "something bad" that happened to someone close to him).

The game may be boring this week but the circumstances outside the house for the HG's are anything but.

My better half came in while i was watching and was like "why is that guy (Frankie) always crying"

I told her that his grandfather had just passed away and then she felt bad. That is weird about Derricks grandfather passing, and of course its sad as well.

Zack being a total a-hole, i think part of it is just showmanship because he has to know he's putting a target on his head. His larger than life character could be an audition for something bigger (than big brother). He is entertaining.

She's the best, man.

I haven't been watching feeds at all, but it pisses me off that Christine has kept the Detonators thing from Nicole. Have they talked about it on the feeds at all? I guess I'm just idealistic and I want the whole Nicole/Christine/Hayden semi-alliance thing to actually work and last to the end.

Zach is funny and very entertaining and he and Frankie will probably get their own reality show together on VH1 or some shit (or they'll do Amazing Race together) but he made Nicole cry and that ain't cool.

She's the best, man.

I haven't been watching feeds at all, but it pisses me off that Christine has kept the Detonators thing from Nicole. Have they talked about it on the feeds at all? I guess I'm just idealistic and I want the whole Nicole/Christine/Hayden semi-alliance thing to actually work and last to the end.

Zach is funny and very entertaining and he and Frankie will probably get their own reality show together on VH1 or some shit (or they'll do Amazing Race together) but he made Nicole cry and that ain't cool.

I thought it was hilarious that she was so upset about being called a "froot loop dingus", of all things.

I don't think they have talked on the feeds about it but I don't watch them, I mostly just follow accounts on twitter that do and post regular updates. I don't think I read an update that mentioned Nicole and Christine talking about the alliance, though.

Zach has let being HoH for a few hours go straight to his head (Devinitis?) but he's an entertaining character in general. He reminds me both in appearance and personality of a roommate I once had, although Zach is much less of a stoned burnout (though Zach has admitted on the feeds he's basically high all the time when he's at home, so they're basically the same guy).

every night on a odd cable TVGV they play 2 or 3 hours of live Big Brother After Dark it is mostly 12 midnight to 2 am, sometimes 11 pm to 2 am.

I do read the Jokers Update live feeds,

Joker's Updates - BB Updates (Quick View)

the posters there do a real good job

this BBAD is an edited show of the goings on of the last 24 hours, the old one was actually live and if nothing happened from 12 - 2 am it was boring.

this new one has events from earlier in the day edited in, and it can be just live too.

I am impressed with reading about an argument on Jokers,
and then seeing later on the BBAD how accurate the posters retellings are.

all that said, with this much exposure to the show, I am not a very big fan of Zack at all, I think Amber is getting screwed over big time and is a pretty decent person

and most important the Americas Team is complete and total crap. It is having a very direct impact on the game. Most all of Zack's behavior is a result of it. And I do believe Amber would not even be on the block if the AT antics had not manipulated the game.

I hear that same accent a hundred times every day, she just sounds like she has a really strong hoser Canadian accent to me. I can imagine it being pretty annoying if you're from anywhere outside the midwest or Canada.

Double eviction was fun. Wish they had more time to show the buildup to the vote, though. It was a sure thing that Zach was going home (so much so that everyone was talking about next week already) until around midnight Wednesday night, which was the first time Caleb mentioned keeping him. I always look forward to the show after double eviction though :up:

I thought for sure that Zach would go home at first, just like i thought for sure Nicole would go home in the double, not Hayden. I guess the strategy is to leave her and Zach in the house and let them go after each other? Entertaining thought....

Such drama and excitement! I'm loving it. And I'm still rooting for Frankie. Good on him for doing that challenge all by himself.

Thankfully this stupid 2 HOH twist is over this week. It ran about three weeks too long, and should have been scrapped at the double eviction at the latest, IMO.

My girl is back :hyper:

I almost lost my mind when at first the HG's were saying Jocasta won that challenge. That would have been completely useless.

And I feel so awful for Zach, he was a jerk and a doofus but he still showed very often that he had a soft side and a heart too rather than play up the "villain" character into a cartoon the way some others do. Victoria is spiteful, and I was starting to think she was okay (a useless player but at least tolerable to watch) in the past few weeks, but the bitchy way she went about all that last night (going out of her way to destroy the hat, being a bitch in the DR, and gloating in her goodbye message just to be mean) really put me off. The way Zach went out was priceless, and I loved his interview with Julie Chen :lol:

I'm glad Nicole is back for sure but a big part of me was rooting for Zach to get crazy fired up when he found out about the competition, smoke that, and then blow through the HoH competition and go after Cody or Christine (btw, :yuck: ). There was definitely no surprise for the HG's that a Jury member was coming back (I'm sure you probably saw that they weren't completely shocked), because half the week they were talking about it on BB After Dark, and wondering what kind of competition it would be. I really wish instead of dropping clues they had just left the current HG's in the dark and just had the door open 10 min after eviction and the person just strolled back in, the way they did it when they brought back Rachel in season 12. She was just back for 24 hrs because Brendon opened Pandora's Box, but the way everyone was surprised was great TV.

Big Brother 12 - *Rachael Returns !* - YouTube

Lastly Will Arnett dumping an ice bucket on Julie Chen was great. There was no ice in the bucket though!

I would have rather Zack returned. Nicole crying because he called her a fruit loop, seriously, you are playing for half million why cry over that? She will probably get put up every week unless she is the HoH.

I like Donny but i think he is gone after tonight. Unless Frankie and Derrick and __?___ make a deal to keep him, hoping he goes after Cody and Caleb. That shit could happen. Caleb is nuts. I like Cody because he just seem so....like he has just floated through the whole season without making any waves...until now. Even now he is doing what the house wants him to do. At least he finally won some competitions.

If Donny goes then Christine and Nicole can duke it out i guess. Then when that dust settles, the backstabbing will get intense as there will only be alliance members left. And of course Victoria. it would be funny if she wins it all :D

I would have rather Zack returned. Nicole crying because he called her a fruit loop, seriously, you are playing for half million why cry over that? She will probably get put up every week unless she is the HoH.

I like Donny but i think he is gone after tonight. Unless Frankie and Derrick and __?___ make a deal to keep him, hoping he goes after Cody and Caleb. That shit could happen. Caleb is nuts. I like Cody because he just seem so....like he has just floated through the whole season without making any waves...until now. Even now he is doing what the house wants him to do. At least he finally won some competitions.

If Donny goes then Christine and Nicole can duke it out i guess. Then when that dust settles, the backstabbing will get intense as there will only be alliance members left. And of course Victoria. it would be funny if she wins it all :D

Yes, I found it a bit silly how seriously she took that (at first).

It actually was very close, Julie wasn't kidding when she said that Frankie and Caleb made a pitch to keep Donny at the last minute, they were discussing how they were going to do it when the live feeds went down only a couple hours before the show. This was the first eviction all year that I truly had no idea which way it was going to go.

Victoria will never win it, because she hasn't done anything and nobody will vote for her to win the whole thing. But they probably all want to take her to the final two for exactly that reason, it's a guaranteed half million dollars for any of them if they are sitting next to her in the finals.

At this point though I really think it will be Derrick and Caleb or Cody in the final three with Victoria, and whoever wins the final HoH wins it all. I hope it's Derrick, he's played a fantastic game but I don't know how well he'll do in the final competition.

Who would have guessed Caleb would still be here, considering how dumb he was playing when Amber was around. Since he got his head on his shoulders he's actually not bad.

Sad to see Donny go since he was probably the most genuine person in the house.

Caleb is probably very street smart but he's dumb when it comes to other things, like he is easy to manipulate. All they had to do was convince him that Nicole and Christine were BFFs and he suddenly forgot all about Donny. If Donny had stayed in the house he might have gotten HoH and put Cody and Caleb up together, so getting him out was their best move.

Was surprised to see Christine's husband...dude...lose the earrings and nose ring please.

Also, maybe im dumb here, but i never even heard of Arinna Grande until this show. :lol:

I found the entire sequence with Christine's family to be incredibly awkward. I think her family is a lot more upset about what's going on than they let on, considering her mother said she'd rather have her out of the game and away from Cody ASAP. I also think her husband's "don't forget about me while you're in there" in the messages from home they got shows exactly how he feels, as if he has been forgotten. Poor guy.

Although yes, he does indeed look like a complete weiner.

Good lord, this Derrick guy has been playing a game for the ages. Christ.

Best Characters Of The Season:

1. Devin - Really wish he would have stayed longer, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him on a future season because he causes so much drama

2. Zach - Editors took too long to make him a focal point of the show and still didn't really know what to do with the guy. The more bored he got in there, the more entertaining he became. Yet, instead of showing us a lot of the arguments he caused (and general snarkiness) they gave us pointless segments revolving around people like Nicole and Donny even when they weren't really relevant in the game for the first few weeks.

3. Donny - Likeable, charismatic and extremely fun to watch. Last summer's Judd was a "Southern gentleman"-type as well, but an absolute bore in comparison to Donny...or any other house guest for that matter.

4. Nicole - Good female character and a future All Star.

5. Frankie - Should have been given a smaller edit and shown to be the villain he actually is to live feed viewers. Extremely narcissistic and petty in truth, yet the show edited him like some nice zany pixie shooting rainbows out of his ass. Then there's the producers rigging the show for the guy...it's bad enough that they'd give him the last word in so many scenes, let him narrate practically everything via the DR, let him take up more airtime since his sister's fans voted him into Team America, etc...but then they went and told Caleb he couldn't re-enter that one Battle of the Block contest that Frankie won by himself. Ugh. At least this week's twist looks like it will come back and bite Frankie in the ass if he doesn't win a competition.

Worth Casting As Well: Brittany/Caleb/Derrick/Paola
Duds: Amber/Christine/Cody/Hayden/Jocasta/Joey/Victoria

Best Players:

1. Derrick - As if I need to explain this...

2. Frankie - Killer social game and one of the best all-around challenge competitors I've ever seen.

Hottest:

1. Brittany - Challenges Jen from BB8 for the title of hottest ever

2. Victoria - If you can tape her mouth shut. So annoying.

Best Players Ever:

1. Will (BB2/BB7)
2. Dan (BB10/BB14)
3. Derrick (BB16)
4. Neda (BB Canada 2)
5. Jon (BB Canada 2)
6. Emmett (BB Canada 1)
7. Jason (BB3)
8. Nicole (BB2)
9. Danielle (BB3/BB7)
10. Jun (BB4)

Winners That Weren't Even Great At The Game:

Dick (BB8) - America's Player twist and manipulative editing and interference from the producers effectively gave him 500K when he should have been first juror.

Jordan (BB11) - Randomly won that final HOH and her and her now fiancee (God, I hated that episode this week) benefited from him being given a special power in order to save that season

Rachel (BB13) - Rigged veto endurance competition to save her and Jordan. The only veto endurance competition in the show's history, I believe.

Ian (BB14) - Such a godawful winner. Not only did he defeat fucking Dan of all people, but he was clueless the whole damn time about what was actually going on in there.

Andy (BB15) - The worst winner ever. Completely spineless and benefited from Helen and Amanda dumping their own allies early on, letting the underlings eventually take over. Decided to actually take a stand and make moves about five minutes before the end.

Greatest Characters:

1. Will (BB2/BB7)

2. Rachel (BB12/BB13)

3. The rest...

Good post. Agree with most of it. Definitely not the thing about Brittany being almost the hottest ever. She's like 4th or 5th hottest on her own cast!

But good post. I hope Victoria somehow outlasts a couple of these punks like Cody and Frankie. And yeah, Derrick deserves to win. He's played a great game from the very start.

Once Frankie's gone, Victoria becomes a hindrance to Derrick. Showing loyalty to her will get him in trouble and if she's in the final three, she could become a stolen goat that leaves Derrick sitting in third place. A final three of Derrick/Caleb/Cody probably guarantees a win for Derrick whereas I'm sure Cody or Caleb would take Victoria to the end if given the opportunity since it's an automatic victory.

I do agree with a lot of the internet that Victoria was the best female player of the season. The rest all made poor moves and were often too combative towards those in power. Victoria shut her mouth and did what she was told and now she might get a large sum of money out of all of this. Not even a good player by any means, but she made the most of a really poor start.

Oh for fuck's sake...

Production just told Derrick and Frankie that the winner will get 550K if they make it to the end together as part of the Team America twist. They're clearly trying to ensure they get the ending they want between the season's two heavyweights, and in particular, they are trying to save Frankie's ass in case he doesn't win the veto.

Oh, and this is hilarious and happened on the live feeds recently:

Caleb is so convinced that Derrick is the easy person to beat at the end that he now thinks it would be smart to get rid of Derrick before the Final Three because everyone else will be thinking the same.

I am utterly speechless. I guess Derrick has played so well that the game is now collapsing in on itself.

Oh god. Now I just read that Derrick avoided the block by getting Caleb to agree that it would be "unfair" for Derrick to go up since he didn't get to play in the last two HOH competitions. Yeah, that unfair rule where the outgoing HOH can't play that has existed since the beginning...lmao! This is just getting ridiculous.

the Team America was and is just terrible this season

it has skewed the game from early on

I care about no one left and have lost what respect I had for this game, this leads me to believe that CBS manipulates the hell out of Survivor, too.

I do agree with a lot of the internet that Victoria was the best female player of the season.

I think you're confused. The person you're thinking of was actually named Nicole.

All kidding aside, I haven't read one single opinion that Victoria was the best anything, let alone something that ludicrous. She's one of the most useless players that has ever been on the show.

The rest all made poor moves and were often too combative towards those in power. Victoria shut her mouth and did what she was told and now she might get a large sum of money out of all of this. Not even a good player by any means, but she made the most of a really poor start.

:lol:

Victoria shut her mouth and did what she was told because she's too dense to actually play the game. You haven't been watching the show if you think this was some grand strategy. Honestly, I hope you're joking. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

this leads me to believe that CBS manipulates the hell out of Survivor, too.

Every reality show is manipulated. Not one of them claims to be completely fair because they aren't.

And yes, Team America was a horrible twist. They should have done tasks similar to the "Marsha the moose" tasks from BB Canada, quirky funny pranks for rewards for the whole house, not things that genuinely altered the game. Zach was screwed because of this twist.

I really like Zach, but he was screwed no matter what. He might have been sent home a bit earlier than he would have, but they weren't keeping him around much longer. He was too wild. Fucking hilarious guy, though.

Zach actually had started to generate some votes to stay (and form an alliance to work against Derrick/Cody/Caleb) before the Team America mission where they had to hide the houseguests articles of clothing. Derrick and Frankie immediately scapegoated Zach, and since it seemed like something he would do in a heartbeat, they evicted him. If he had stayed, he wasn't necessarily gone the next week as there was a counter-alliance forming against the guys who eventually booted everyone else.

They really didn't show it on the show, but it really was very, very close to flipping the entire house.

I'm still flabbergasted that anyone would credit Victoria with any kind of strategy at all, much less a long game type of thing that she's somehow kept going since day one. That's just asinine.

But then again, he above also said that Jon and Neda from BB Canada are in the top 5 of all time. Obviously he didn't watch the show at all. Those two were just the least clueless of the bunch after the ones who were there to actually play got evicted in the first few weeks, much like last season of BB USA.

EDIT: also, creating a list of "hottest" from this season and not putting Nicole even on it (and putting Victoria on there) completely invalidates everything else in that entire post. You, sir, are a buffoon.

Back
Top Bottom