US PolitIX - Michael Cohen Ruined Infrastructure Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ A losing mantra.

And not helpful for the Blue wave (...used to be known as 'Midterm' elections)
Losing for the midterms, yes. Totally agree.

Not for after this fuck is voted out... unless he resigns and gets pardoned, this asshole is going to jail.

Or

Our nation is totally fucked and rule of law is dead (provided you're white).

Reality is a wonderful thing. At some point it has to mean more to you than judges and tax cuts. This is a criminal. He's been one since the 80s. It's not tin foil bullshit. It's reality. Open your eyes. It's all there.

Last edited:
Trump's approval/disapproval among black respondents in the new ABC News poll is 3/93.

The 3 must be within the margin of error. :lol:

Black women are the most reliable Democratic voting bloc. They need to be targeted for GOTV efforts en masse. Especially in places like Florida where the gubernatorial race may have a big effect on down ticket voting. Black men, if their voting participation could be increased are the most fertile ground for the left as well. Stop wasting time on "economic anxiety" whites that we have to read about every other week in seemingly every publication and get votes where they can actually be realized.

^ A losing mantra.

And not helpful for the Blue wave (...used to be known as 'Midterm' elections)

"Lock her up!" benefited the GOP in 2016, so... :shrug:.

Consider this as well:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...f63ab8b1370_story.html?utm_term=.059e7cdb64eb

Clearly a lot of Americans are sick to death of Trump and his antics. And people in general would agree that no president should ever be above the law-and lord knows Trump's behavior regarding the Mueller investigation is not the behavior of an innocent man. So I don't think people should shy away from making clear that Trump should and will be held accountable for his actions/crimes.

Regarding the McCain funeral today, I haven't yet seen Meghan's speech, but I did watch Obama's. It was lovely, and put forth a message everybody needs to remember going forward.

One of the reps up here, Barbara Comstock, used #1 liberal in red outlined letters as a smear tactic in one of her commercials.

Can’t make that shit up.

We, the people of liberty. Just as conservatives conserve nothing, they’ve now turned the word liberal into a smear. Way2goguyz

One of the reps up here, Barbara Comstock, used #1 liberal in red outlined letters as a smear tactic in one of her commercials.

Can’t make that shit up.

We, the people of liberty. Just as conservatives conserve nothing, they’ve now turned the word liberal into a smear. Way2goguyz

Given that she’s aligned herself with Trump, and Trump is saying we have to freeze federal pay raises despite “the best economy ever” to pay for the massive debts he’s creating, Comstock should be toast in November given her district

I just want to know what a fake book is

Like the pages are blank? It’s really a compartment for holding cigars?

Looks like my home state of Iowa is getting the racist robo-calls now over the slain runner.

Glad her father is standing up to all of this but how horrible that instead of being able to grieve he has to get political

Looks like my home state of Iowa is getting the racist robo-calls now over the slain runner.

Oh, god. Ick. Luckily, unless it's a number I recognize, I just let the phone ring, so I've yet to hear any of those.

But hey, sure am glad the right's not politicizing this tragedy. I know they absolutely HATE it when people do that anytime somebody is murdered, 'cause "now's not the time" and "we've got to show respect for the families and victims" and all that jazz.

(To say nothing of the fact that one's legal status as a citizen has absolutely zero bearing on whether or not they become a killer, 'cause that's not how being a murderer works, and we've had plenty of people who are born and raised here or who've come here legally commit murder, too. But whatever, who cares about those pesky little facts, right?)

You're wrong.

It's worse.

if he's going to stay out of jail, he's going to have to become something more than just President.

A senior Justice Department lawyer says a former British spy told him at a breakfast meeting two years ago that Russian intelligence believed it had Donald Trump "over a barrel," according to multiple people familiar with the encounter.

The lawyer, Bruce Ohr, also says he learned that a Trump campaign aide had met with higher-level Russian officials than the aide had acknowledged, the people said.

The previously unreported details of the July 30, 2016, breakfast with Christopher Steele, which Ohr described to lawmakers this week in a private interview, reveal an exchange of potentially explosive information about Trump between two men the president has relentlessly sought to discredit.

They add to the public understanding of those pivotal summer months as the FBI and intelligence community scrambled to untangle possible connections between the Trump campaign and Russia. And they reflect the concern of Steele, a longtime FBI informant whose Democratic-funded research into Trump ties to Russia was compiled into a dossier, that the Republican presidential candidate was possibly compromised and his urgent efforts to convey that anxiety to contacts at the FBI and Justice Department.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/ap-sources-lawyer-told-russia-trump-barrel-57543812

One area I’d blame our government is that the idea of trump being a bit of a criminal was not unknown to anyone in New York or really anyone who’s ever met the guy.

So why weren’t red flags up immediately at FBI ? Especially after Trump refused to release his tax returns

Did everyone just assume Hillary was going to win?

Good questions. Especially this part:

One area I’d blame our government is that the idea of trump being a bit of a criminal was not unknown to anyone in New York or really anyone who’s ever met the guy.

Honestly, I'm wondering why Trump wasn't put in jail for any of his criminal behavior that took place well before he even decided to run for political office at all.

Trump tweeted out Make America Great Again around 7 Saturday. He couldn't even leave a grieving daughter alone. She had every right to say what she said.

He doesn't even act like a human being, it's sick. I don't understand how Ivanka could sit there at that funeral, knowing the pain her father inflicted on that family when John McCain had terminal cancer.

Ivanka has no sense of shame just like her father, seems to be congenital.

I'm guessing this gets a Twitter response:

180903170205-colin-kaepernick-nike-ad-0903-780x439.jpg

Nike is VERY BAD china Nike China, did you hear John Elway offered Liar Colin a contract and he Refused? So much for bias!!

NIKE, a company that called me and begged me to wear their ugly shoes that nobody buys anymore except Crooked Hillary is a disgrace to the USA!!

And the part that drives me crazy is you have these people upset because these guys are disrespecting the flag and military

Yet say nothing about Trumps behavior after McCain passed

And the part that drives me crazy is you have these people upset because these guys are disrespecting the flag and military

Yet say nothing about Trumps behavior after McCain passed
Veterans groups were actually quite upset with how Trump handled McCain's passing. It was their intervention that got the flag lowered again.

The dopes on Facebook and Twitter posting memes about Pat Tillman are just that... dopes.

Have you all seen excerpts from Bob Woodward's new book? I would say :lol: except it hasn't been funny for a long time.

“Mattis was particularly exasperated and alarmed, telling close associates that the president acted like — and had the understanding of — ‘a fifth- or sixth-grader,’” Woodward quoted Mattis as stating.

White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly frequently lost his temper and told colleagues that he thought the president was “unhinged,” Woodward writes. In one small group meeting, Kelly said of Trump: “He’s an idiot. It’s pointless to try to convince him of anything. He’s gone off the rails. We’re in Crazytown. I don’t even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I’ve ever had.”

Few in Trump’s orbit were protected from the president’s insults. He often mocked former national security adviser H.R. McMaster behind his back, puffing up his chest and exaggerating his breathing as he impersonated the retired Army general, and once said McMaster dresses in cheap suits, “like a beer salesman.”

At a dinner with Mattis and Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr., the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, among others, Trump lashed out at a vocal critic, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.). He falsely suggested that the former Navy pilot had been a coward for taking early release from a prisoner-of-war camp in Vietnam because of his father’s military rank and leaving others behind.

Mattis swiftly corrected his boss: “No, Mr. President, I think you’ve got it reversed.” The defense secretary explained that McCain, who died Aug. 25, had in fact turned down early release and was brutally tortured during his five years at the Hanoi Hilton.

“Oh, okay,” Trump replied, according to Woodward’s account.

Cohn, a Wall Street veteran, tried to tamp down Trump’s strident nationalism regarding trade. According to Woodward, Cohn “stole a letter off Trump’s desk” that the president was intending to sign to formally withdraw the United States from a trade agreement with South Korea. Cohn later told an associate that he removed the letter to protect national security and that Trump did not notice that it was missing.

The book vividly recounts the ongoing debate between Trump and his lawyers about whether the president would sit for an interview with Mueller. On March 5, Dowd and Trump attorney Jay Sekulow met in Mueller’s office with the special counsel and his deputy, James Quarles, where Dowd and Sekulow reenacted Trump’s January practice session.

Dowd then explained to Mueller and Quarles why he was trying to keep the president from testifying: “I’m not going to sit there and let him look like an idiot. And you publish that transcript, because everything leaks in Washington, and the guys overseas are going to say, ‘I told you he was an idiot. I told you he was a goddamn dumbbell. What are we dealing with this idiot for?’ ”

“John, I understand,” Mueller replied, according to Woodward.

Later that month, Dowd told Trump: “Don’t testify. It’s either that or an orange jumpsuit.”

Heckuva job, deplorables.

He also called Giuliani a baby and asked him where his diaper was and called Sessions "mentally retarded".

I was just going to post about the Woodward book. Crazytown indeed. He's going to become totally unglued about this. Well even more totally unglued than he already was. Something like that.:crack::crack:

I started it. No way can I ever subject myself to that whole thing. I'd rather listen to Bono reciting that hedgehog poem a thousand times over.

:lol:

The worst part is that I could totally hear his voice in my head as I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom