US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The United States has re-joined the Paris Accord, the Muslim Ban is gone, DACA is safe(among several other executive orders were signed), and Democrats officially have control of the Senate, completing the trifecta. It's a good day.

Out of curiosity can these EO be challenged by the courts ?

I assume that the GOP being out of power in DC leaves them the only option to fight everything up to the SC

Otherwise why work so hard to install these judges ?

The past few hours of first “official duties” have been a breath of fresh air. Hope it stays that way for as long as possible. ❤️

Sen. Ted Cruz did wear a mask during the inauguration of President Joe Biden, and it bore a familiar phrase.

The Texas senator wore a mask displaying the imagery of the "Come and Take It" flag, which was used during the Texas Revolution in the Battle of Gonzales.

The "Come and Take It" flag has become a symbol of defiance since then. Cruz previously used the "Come and Take It" imagery to push back against those encouraging limited Thanksgiving celebrations during the coronavirus pandemic.

Cruz wore the same mask on Jan. 6 when he voted to object to Arizona and Pennsylvania's vote counts certifying the election of Biden.

I’ve been out of commission for a bit as we had to deal with a very sudden death of our dog - from healthy to dead in a week, and he was only 7 (a GSD). Just a devastating experience for us and our kids and today was the first day I really plugged back into work, other things. And honest to God just seeing Trump on that plane felt like enormous relief, like we’d all been so damn tired for so long and now he was gone.

And not going to lie, the thought of Biden’s two shepherds moving in today, shortly after we said goodbye to ours makes it a bit easier. Dogs >>> people.

When you're surrounded by 25k armed troops and an insurrection occurred two weeks ago and you hear the fireworks 7 seconds before the tape delay sets in...

tenor.gif

I’ve been out of commission for a bit as we had to deal with a very sudden death of our dog - from healthy to dead in a week, and he was only 7 (a GSD). Just a devastating experience for us and our kids and today was the first day I really plugged back into work, other things. And honest to God just seeing Trump on that plane felt like enormous relief, like we’d all been so damn tired for so long and now he was gone.

And not going to lie, the thought of Biden’s two shepherds moving in today, shortly after we said goodbye to ours makes it a bit easier. Dogs >>> people.

I’m really sorry to hear about your dog. They’re wonderful companions and even tho mine is a piece of work and drives me crazy with health issues, I do cherish his company.

Best wishes during this time.

Truly, we don't deserve her.

The United States has re-joined the Paris Accord, the Muslim Ban is gone, DACA is safe(among several other executive orders were signed), and Democrats officially have control of the Senate, completing the trifecta. It's a good day.

:up: :dance: :hyper: :applaud:

I'm so sorry about the loss of your dog. My condolences to you and your family :hug:.

Hear, hear :). Well said.

So let us leave behind a country
better than the one we were left with
Every breath from my bronze-pounded chest,
we will raise this wounded world into a wondrous one
We will rise from the gold-limbed hills of the west,
we will rise from the windswept northeast
where our forefathers first realized revolution
We will rise from the lake-rimmed cities of the midwestern states,
we will rise from the sunbaked south
We will rebuild, reconcile and recover
and every known nook of our nation and
every corner called our country,
our people diverse and beautiful will emerge,
battered and beautiful
When day comes we step out of the shade,
aflame and unafraid
The new dawn blooms as we free it
For there is always light,
if only we’re brave enough to see it
If only we’re brave enough to be it

Out of curiosity can these EO be challenged by the courts ?

I assume that the GOP being out of power in DC leaves them the only option to fight everything up to the SC

Otherwise why work so hard to install these judges ?

The Executive Orders can be challenged in court. That's what happened with several of the EOs that Trump issued. But they cannot be challenged by itself, an affected party (one that has standing) will have to bring the challenge to court first.

Aw crap. So sorry to hear about your dog. Its basically losing family member (at least for those like me who treat their pets as family), and a horrible experience. And must be truly devastating for your kids.

I am so very sorry. How incredibly painful for your family.

You are 100 % correct, dogs are definitely better than people. We don't deserve them.

As much as I'd like to just forget all about the previous administration and never mention them again... alas

Forget the impeachment trial. We're going to find out all the dark hidden secrets over the next few weeks. All the lies. All the things that were actually much worse than we even knew.

But at least when we find out it will be about what was instead of what is.

Well there is already one thing-shocking I know, but Trump admin left zero vaccine distribution plan. Biden admin has to start from scratch.

They literally didn't give a damn.

Well there is already one thing-shocking I know, but Trump admin left zero vaccine distribution plan. Biden admin has to start from scratch.

They literally didn't give a damn.

The mis-handling of COVID, among other things, was the undoing of the Trump presidency.

Has anyone photoshopped Bernie onto the cover of HTDAAB yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom