US Politics XXVII: Orange Super Spreader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
headache

1) Some Americans are really dumb.
2) yup :mad:
3) :sad: yeah

I've got something that's keeping me in an unsettled state that's keeping me from getting too nervous about the Election so far.

Heard a public radio program that had me kind of see sawing about the EC a little white ago, but partly settled me back down again :uhoh:

Also heard something big may be a day or so away that'll damage the Repugs. But not certain about the source so ... but haven't checked in on the latest there.

I have a few generic Xanax for 11/3, 4,5 and 2 more after that.

Last edited:
I'm not that worried about the polls one way or the other. It's all about the extremely narrow path that Trump has to walk to pull off the win.

You can't realistically convince me that he's winning Pennsylvania (barely won it last time against a less popular candidate, polling terribly, Joe Biden is a PA native), Michigan (polling terribly there, enthusiasm amongst unfavorable demographics, Trump-associated governor kidnapping plot), or Wisconsin (new covid epicenter) and those are the three key states. If Biden wins those three states and maintains all of Hillary's victories, of which there were relatively few, he's over 270. The map is wide open for a larger victory than that.

In the likely event that Trump fails to maintain three Democrat strongholds following a disastrous presidency, he would have to, what, flip Nevada or something? What other traditionally blue states are even remotely vulnerable?

Whatever the national polls may be saying, the margins were so narrow in 2016 that there's just not a lot of room for Trump in 2020. He's essentially got to run the table again with poor approval ratings, a pandemic and a crippled economy haunting him.

So no, I'm not worried. I care more about the senate races and how soon the election will be called. I'm pulling hard for Texas, Georgia and Florida to make things simple for everyone.

Last edited:
Cheeto walked off in the middle of his 60 Minutes interview today and refused to film the second part with Pence later in the day. Threatening to release it before the Sunday airing to show us how “biased” it was. Meaning, it was a shit show x100000. Mandatory viewing.

He is trying to claim that Lesley Stahl didn't wear a mask. I hope 60 Minutes will still air the interview and that it will show the wheels really coming off the bus.

Odds are the WH will release a heavily edited video

Then CBS will release the actual footage

All while a pandemic is surging out of control going into the worst possible time for illness

He is trying to claim that Lesley Stahl didn't wear a mask. I hope 60 Minutes will still air the interview and that it will show the wheels really coming off the bus.

From what I read Stahl wore her mask right up to the point where she started the interview. The clip Trump tweeted of her was immediately after the interview talking to 2 of the crew who wore masks and she had not yet put hers back on.
Factor in the fact that she had the Rona already and recovered (which is why he now claims no need to wear a mask) and that tells us all we need to know.

this seems a tell -- McConnell is expecting Trump to lose.

Prospects for an economic relief package in the next two weeks dimmed markedly on Tuesday after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) revealed that he has warned the White House not to strike an agreement with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi before the Nov. 3 election.

In remarks at a closed-door Senate GOP lunch, McConnell told his colleagues that Pelosi (D-Calif.) is not negotiating in good faith with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, and that any deal they reach could disrupt the Senate’s plans to confirm Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court next week. Republicans have voiced concerns that a stimulus deal could splinter the party and exacerbate divisions at a time when they are trying to rally behind the Supreme Court nominee. The comments were confirmed by three people who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss them.

McConnell’s attempted intervention came as Pelosi and Mnuchin continued negotiating over the roughly $2 trillion economic relief package. Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill said the “conversation provided more clarity and common ground as they move closer to an agreement.” But no deal can become law without McConnell’s blessing, and his direct warning to the White House imperils the chances of any bill becoming law in the next two weeks.

McConnell told reporters Tuesday that if a deal were reached and passed by the House with President Trump’s support, he would put it on the Senate floor “at some point” — but he did not commit to doing so before the election.

McConnell has not been part of the Pelosi-Mnuchin talks, which have jumped around in chaotic fashion, and had already made his opposition to an enormous new bill clear. Republicans could lose control of the Senate based on the outcome of November’s election, and senators have made clear to the White House that voting on a huge stimulus deal could mean the end of their majority if it scares away fiscally conservative voters. Mnuchin and Pelosi have continued dancing around a deal for weeks, however, particularly amid signs that the economic recovery is weakening markedly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/10/20/trump-economic-stimulus-pelosi/

the plan will be:

1. ACB on SCOTUS no matter what
2. trash what you can of the economy
3. become deficit scolds after 4 years of drunken sailor spending on tax cuts

Woah! 1 hour ago Breaking News CBS

"Pope Francis endorsed same-sex civil unions for the first time as pontiff while being interviewed for the feature-length documentary "Francesco," which premiered Wednesday at the Rome Film Festival. The papal thumbs-up came midway through the film that delves into issues Francis cares about most, including the environment, poverty, migration, racial and income inequality and the people most affected by discrimination"

Conservative Catholics are criticizing him already.
:rolleyes::rolleyes: Surprise!1!11111

Last edited:
this seems a tell -- McConnell is expecting Trump to lose.

the plan will be:

1. ACB on SCOTUS no matter what
2. trash what you can of the economy
3. become deficit scolds after 4 years of drunken sailor spending on tax cuts

Let’s not forget that the ACA is toast in three weeks.

And we’ll hear about the deficits as soon as 11/4, and will be told it’s the reason the government has to be shutdown in December.

https://twitter.com/SenhorRaposa/st...ljam.com/discussion/263985/donald-trump/p1654

Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

source.gif

Obama coming out to COBL...it's almost too much to have to bear. :sad:

Many of us here in NYC briefly liked him right after 9-11.
And briefly felt sorry for him after his cancer diagnosis.

But he went back to his mean, and Racist ways
(and became a habitual liar w Drumph) so ...

Hahahahaha, fool! Creep! :angry:

Obama gave a great speech!! :applaud:.
He has this dry ironic wit when he asks certain rhetorical questions, or making what should be matter of fact
statements - but he pitchers his voice into this ironic questioning along with the smile on his face... :lol:

I'll have to catch the megaphone part from earlier. :up:

Last edited:
Rudy's come out with a defence!

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

He was TUCKING IN HIS SHIRT. :lol:

The Rudy story...I'm not surprised, and I'm also going to need a shitton of brain bleach now.

Also, McConnell truly is a slimebag. He cannot leave fast enough, I swear to god.

I was reading some of the quotes from his speech on Twitter and it's amazing. He is just going all in.

This line was sweet and touching...

Obama in Philadelphia: "I've got two spectacular daughters who are about as well-informed and conscious and active as just about anybody, as you might imagine they would be, because they've got Michelle Obama as a role model."

Hey, look, everyone, it's a guy who knows how to be respectful of women!

The first 8 years I spent in the US coincided with his 8 years in office, and hearing him makes me so nostalgic for that world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom