US Politics XXI: Old Man 3-Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he's allowed to not vote for joe biden if his conscience really tells him not to, everyone.

you can disagree with him all you want to, but calling that a tantrum or a sign of mental illness is pretty insulting.

Feeling guilty for voting for Clinton, after seeing what Trump has done to this country and the world for the last 3 and a half years, is literally detachment from reality.

I stand by that.

On behalf of th non-US population: Please get Trump out of there. And then mobilize everything to push the Biden administration towards environmentally sound policies.

I'm fairly positive the case for medical insurance and other social protections has been made by then.

It's not about Bernie vs. Biden, or even Trump vs. Biden in isolation. It's about the administration, the cabinet that Biden forms, and the enormous improvement that it will be over Trump's. Trump is a garbage human being and he's falling apart mentally, almost certainly the worst man for the job, but what makes the situation worse is that he's surrounded by sycophants and hard-line Republicans. Why risk another four years of that perfect storm of evil and incompetence and why would one's conscience lead them away from stopping it at any cost?

Last edited:
Ya know what? You're not going to win over someone who believes that Bernie is a compromise candidate, much in the same way you're not going to win over someone who thinks COVFEFE-19 was sent here by JFK Jr. to rid the world of the pizza parlor pedophiles.

So, yea - not worth the effort.

Last edited:
He told one reporter he's not getting tested because he has no symptoms. Another reporter just said that Dr. Fauci stated that someone who stands next to someone who tests positive should get tested. Then Trump told her they're working on a schedule to get him tested. Lol, come on.

Ivanka is self isolating because she was photographed with a person who has it.

This has got to be Trump's political end, right? I've said that to myself about a thousand times the last few years, but this time feels different.

This has got to be Trump's political end, right? I've said that to myself about a thousand times the last few years, but this time feels different.

God willing it will be. He and his administration, and the GOP at large, own this. They deserve to face every last consequence imaginable in regards to their hideously inept response to this, and to the larger issue of healthcare in general.

would be one thing if the Republican incumbent was some milquetoast, run-of-the-mill Republican. But you should damn well know that this isn’t a low stakes election. If Trump puts two more conservative justices on the Supreme Court, you can kiss any hopes of enacting progressive policy goodbye for DECADES. You want Medicare for all? A 7-2 court ain’t going to help you there. You want more environmentally responsible policy? Good luck with a 7-2 court. You want government cracking down on capitalism run amok? Let’s have a 7-2 conservative court tackle that, and see how corporations fare. For decades.

he's allowed to not vote for joe biden if his conscience really tells him not to, everyone.

you can disagree with him all you want to, but calling that a tantrum or a sign of mental illness is pretty insulting.

Jerry Dunk
I apologized to you months ago last year, then reminded you that i did (i misunderstood something which then set me off)

So i hope you will read.

To blanketly call Biden a racist may be too much - he's been staunch supporter of the Gold Star families. I've seen video of him speaking to gatherings - there were plenty of African Americans there.This is another reason wh y a lot of black people support him.

Among things progressives stand for are caring about people, especially the vulnerable, and marginalized by race, sexism, being LGBTQI, class, poverty, homelrssness, disability, age, religion etc.
That's (among the things) we do.

All these groups (and others in other ways) have already been affected by some to serious degrees by Trump ALREADY. Now ADD 4 MORE YEARS- do you UNDERSTAND HOW MANY MORE of these Vulnerable Populations are going become sicker, or die, become jobless, homeless etc ?!

How can you in "good consciousness" endanger these people further ?
You turn these groups into sacrificial lambs without them having a say in their fate by not actively voting against Trump by not voting for (probably) Biden.

I'm in 4 of these categories - you look me in the eye (so to speak) and say you don't care if my health, my food safety net, and more may be serious jeopardy with another 4 years of Trump.
(I used to be middle, middle class, and I cared about this all back then, too)

Not to mention The Planet because at least Biden believes in Science! He believes in Climate Change. At least he can sometimes e reasoned with.

We get him in office and then protest the hell out of him for the things we want or don't him to do! We also support him on things we like.

Last edited:
God willing it will be. He and his administration, and the GOP at large, own this. They deserve to face every last consequence imaginable in regards to their hideously inept response to this, and to the larger issue of healthcare in general.

You said it. Stay healthy!

I'll only be on WiFi 1x - 2x wk til tis goes away, since i don't have at home

Jerry Dunk
I apologized to you months ago last year, then reminded you that i did (i misunderstood something which then set me off)

So i hope you will read.

To blanketly call Biden a racist may be too much - he's been staunch supporter of the Gold Star families. I've seen video of him speaking to gatherings - there were plenty of African Americans there.This is another reason wh y a lot of black people support him.

Among things progressives stand for are caring about people, especially the vulnerable, and marginalized by race, sexism, being LGBTQI, class, poverty, homelrssness, disability, age, religion etc.
That's (among the things) we do.

All these groups (and others in other ways) have already been affected by some to serious degrees by Trump ALREADY. Now ADD 4 MORE YEARS- do you UNDERSTAND HOW MANY MORE of these Vulnerable Populations are going become sicker, or die, become jobless, homeless etc ?!

How can you in "good consciousness" endanger these people further ?
You turn these groups into sacrificial lambs without them having a say in their fate by not actively voting against Trump by not voting for (probably) Biden.

I'm in 4 of these categories - you look me in the eye (so to speak) and say you don't care if my health, my food safety net, and more may be serious jeopardy with another 4 years of Trump.
(I used to be middle, middle class, and I cared about this all back then, too)

Not to mention The Planet because at least Biden believes in Science! He believes in Climate Change. At least he can sometimes e reasoned with.

We get him in office and then protest the hell out of him for the things we want or don't him to do! We also support him on things we like.

Great Post!

Please don't be fooled by Jerry's nonsense. While he claims Biden is "horrific" on the environment. That is flatly false. He is also more than someone that believes in science and can be reasoned with.

His plan is rated a B+ by Greenpeace and 90% by the League of Conservation Voters. This is just behind Sanders and Warren, equal to Harris and above Amy, Pete, Beto, Yang and Castro.

I won't even dignify the racist smear with a response.

And I know everything is Covid--19 and the stock market right now, but in case anyone was wondering There are new polls out for upcoming states.

Florida Democratic Presidential Primary Biden 65, Sanders 27 Biden +38
Florida Democratic Presidential Primary Biden 66, Sanders 25 Biden +41
Florida Democratic Presidential Primary Biden 66, Sanders 22 Biden +44
Florida Democratic Presidential Primary Biden 69, Sanders 14 Biden +55
Illinois Democratic Primary Biden 57, Sanders 36 Biden +21
Illinois Democratic Primary Biden 63, Sanders 25 Biden +38
Ohio Democratic Primary Biden 57, Sanders 35 Biden +22
Arizona Democratic Primary Biden 51, Sanders 34 Biden +17
Wisconsin Democratic Primary Biden 55, Sanders 39 Biden +16
Kansas Democratic Primary Biden 59, Sanders 35 Biden +24

Last edited:
This feels different to me too - it's easy to write off Trump when there are no personal consequences to you. But Americans have no concept of bread lines, or real chaos inside their borders. He is going to become totally unacceptable.

And I know everything is Covid--19 and the stock market right now, but in case anyone was wondering There are new polls out for upcoming states.

Florida Democratic Presidential Primary Biden 65, Sanders 27 Biden +38
Florida Democratic Presidential Primary Biden 66, Sanders 25 Biden +41
Florida Democratic Presidential Primary Biden 66, Sanders 22 Biden +44
Florida Democratic Presidential Primary Biden 69, Sanders 14 Biden +55
Illinois Democratic Primary Biden 57, Sanders 36 Biden +21
Illinois Democratic Primary Biden 63, Sanders 25 Biden +38
Ohio Democratic Primary Biden 57, Sanders 35 Biden +22
Arizona Democratic Primary Biden 51, Sanders 34 Biden +17
Wisconsin Democratic Primary Biden 55, Sanders 39 Biden +16
Kansas Democratic Primary Biden 59, Sanders 35 Biden +24

Sounds great!

I think that Trump's entire schtick has been that he can always flat out lie and spin his way out of the target of journalists and congress and lawyers, etc... And even though most of his mouth-breathing masses know he's lying and cheating the whole time, it's what they like about him. He entertained them, he got one over on the liberal media, on those baby killing democrats. It didn't matter how. The economy was doing good, and his racism was a plus for a lot of them too.
So let him do his Trump thing and watch the libs cry.

Well, this is different. Very different. And it is different than Katrina. Katrina was a localized problem. Only economy hurt was in that area. This is the whole country, and beyond. Something that has shut down every sports team, every broadway play, concert, theaters, Disneyland, schools. Hospitals are likely to be overrun. Tens of thousands will likely die. A recession is looming as we are looking at negative GDP on the horizon.

Not only does everyone know he fucked this up. But they see a bumbling sweaty mess, making things worse every time he opens his mouth.

I am so looking forward to a crushing defeat of this worthless, vile, piece of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom