US Politics XIX: Just an Echo Chamber Living In Your Heads - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-13-2020, 04:00 PM   #441
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,973
Local Time: 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
How the F does somebody, even with as big a mouth as Dear Leader, eat such a thing?
i'm more curious about how he's able to pick it up in the first place.
__________________

DaveC is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 04:19 PM   #442
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,722
Local Time: 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Trump reportedly ordered the “Newton Burger,’’ a burger topped with fried mac and cheese and cheese sauce between two grilled cheese sandwiches instead of buns, with a side of fries.

Attachment 12404
Why the fuck would somebody think that would make for a good meal to make or eat? Ew. That's just stupid.

(The mention of grilled cheese sandwiches does make me hungry for one now, though. And at least the fries look good.)

Kudos to that woman calling him out for what he is. And Irvine, I liked your comments about Buttigieg. It doesn't surprise me that kind of discussion would be going on in regards to him, but I tend to agree with your take on it.
__________________

Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 04:29 PM   #443
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 04:03 PM
Ooh, Barr getting tough on Trump. Show of hands, who believes that Trump has never asked him to do anything in a criminal case? Total bs that he's not influenced by Trump.

In an exclusive interview, Attorney General Bill Barr told ABC News on Thursday that President Donald Trump "has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case” but should stop tweeting about the Justice Department because his tweets “make it impossible for me to do my job.”

Barr’s comments are a rare break with a president who the attorney general has aligned himself with and fiercely defended. But it also puts Barr in line with many of Trump’s supporters on Capitol Hill who say they support the president but wish he’d cut back on his tweets.


“I think it’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases,” Barr told ABC News Chief Justice Correspondent Pierre Thomas.

When asked if he was prepared for the consequences of criticizing the president – his boss – Barr said “of course” because his job is to run the Justice Department and make decisions on “what I think is the right thing to do".

“I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody ... whether it’s Congress, a newspaper editorial board, or the president,” Barr said. “I’m gonna do what I think is right. And you know … I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me.”
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 04:39 PM   #444
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,973
Local Time: 03:03 PM
https://twitter.com/matthewamiller/s...63228657360910
DaveC is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 05:27 PM   #445
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,722
Local Time: 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
In an exclusive interview, Attorney General Bill Barr told ABC News on Thursday that President Donald Trump "has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case” but should stop tweeting about the Justice Department because his tweets “make it impossible for me to do my job.”

Barr’s comments are a rare break with a president who the attorney general has aligned himself with and fiercely defended. But it also puts Barr in line with many of Trump’s supporters on Capitol Hill who say they support the president but wish he’d cut back on his tweets.
Translation: Oh, shit, the media's caught on to our little scheme and the Democrats are demanding I be held accountable, so now I gotta do some damage control.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 05:47 PM   #446
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post


Bingo
Diemen is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 07:04 PM   #447
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 04:03 PM
Now Trump is calling Bloomberg "mini Mike". Bloomberg replied on Twitter. Don't mess with a guy from Medford MA orange Donnie.


Mike Bloomberg
@MikeBloomberg
·
10h
.
@realDonaldTrump
- we know many of the same people in NY. Behind your back they laugh at you & call you a carnival barking clown. They know you inherited a fortune & squandered it with stupid deals and incompetence.

I have the record & the resources to defeat you. And I will.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 08:01 PM   #448
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

In an exclusive interview, Attorney General Bill Barr told ABC News on Thursday that President Donald Trump "has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case” but should stop tweeting about the Justice Department because his tweets “make it impossible for me to do my job.”
Well if it's impossible, the door is thattaway --->

anitram is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 08:38 PM   #449
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,469
Local Time: 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Well if it's impossible, the door is thattaway --->





It’s really hard to do crimes when your crime boss keeps announcing the crimes in public because he’s a disordered narcissist.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 02-13-2020, 09:39 PM   #450
War Child
 
Jerry Dunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 939
Local Time: 04:03 PM
There is zero chance that I will ever vote for Michael Bloomberg. He would be a horrific president, quite possibly as bad as Trump. He is a racist piece of shit Republican oligarch. His administration would correct more or less none of the ills wrought by Trump, but he would be more competent and would take advantage of the press's love of "reaching across the aisle" when making numerous deals with Republicans.

Even if you delude yourself into believing Bloomberg has any decent stances, there's no chance Bloomberg would beat Trump. Trump could win by just talking about the soda tax at every debate. He wouldn't have to do anything else. Bloomberg doesn't inspire anyone. He would try to campaign on "I'm worth way more than Trump!" and "I'm a smart fella, Trump's not." I would guess Bloomberg wins maybe six states.

Reading the posts in here about Bloomberg's plausibility is making my brain melt. Even in other places where I see people give credit to Warren and Buttigieg, they're all agreeing that Bloomberg is a horrible choice.

When I read someone get excited about Warren, I strongly disagree but I at least understand how they got themselves there. Michael Bloomberg is one of the worst people in America, has no charisma or appeal outside a very specific group of people, agrees with Trump on way more than he disagrees with him, and would get destroyed in the general election. What are we doing here?
Jerry Dunk is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 09:49 PM   #451
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,722
Local Time: 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Mike Bloomberg
@MikeBloomberg
·
10h
.
@realDonaldTrump
- we know many of the same people in NY. Behind your back they laugh at you & call you a carnival barking clown. They know you inherited a fortune & squandered it with stupid deals and incompetence.
We really should've listened to the people of New York in regards to Trump. They don't make any secret of their feelings about people who are total pieces of shit.

But oh, right, they're "coastal elites", so their opinion didn't count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Well if it's impossible, the door is thattaway --->

Right? Amazing how these people just feel so "trapped" in these jobs they supposedly hate so much that they're free to leave any time they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It’s really hard to do crimes when your crime boss keeps announcing the crimes in public because he’s a disordered narcissist.
Who'da thunk using an idiot like Trump to be your stooge and do your bidding could go so badly?!

That's the part that continues to boggle my mind. These people are so freaking stupid. I don't get how the hell we can't mount a better offensive against them. This should be a freaking cakewalk at this point for the Democrats.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 10:03 PM   #452
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post

When I read someone get excited about Warren, I strongly disagree
You "strongly disagree" with supporting easily the most progressive candidate next to Bernie Sanders. Everyone else is way closer to the centre by wide, wider and widest margins.

So forget about Bloomberg, who is like a wildcard animated suitcase of hundred dollar bills - you find Elizabeth freaking Warren's stances unacceptable.
anitram is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 10:29 PM   #453
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,232
Local Time: 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
You "strongly disagree" with supporting easily the most progressive candidate next to Bernie Sanders. Everyone else is way closer to the centre by wide, wider and widest margins.

So forget about Bloomberg, who is like a wildcard animated suitcase of hundred dollar bills - you find Elizabeth freaking Warren's stances unacceptable.
Actually I would say that Warren is more progressive than Sanders. She might be able to pass some of her well thought out plans. Not just say - "We will build a movement with young people across the country..." siiiiiiiggggghhhhh.

And thinking of it that way. All the candidates would probably achieve more liberal progress once elected than Sanders. Especially since I think it's pretty clear that if Bernie is the nom, we are going to suffer badly down ticket.
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 10:50 PM   #454
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,973
Local Time: 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Actually I would say that Warren is more progressive than Sanders.
furthermore, AOC is a fascist
DaveC is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 10:52 PM   #455
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 03:03 PM
Yep. We're fucked.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 11:00 PM   #456
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,232
Local Time: 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
There is zero chance that I will ever vote for Michael Bloomberg. He would be a horrific president, quite possibly as bad as Trump. He is a racist piece of shit Republican oligarch. His administration would correct more or less none of the ills wrought by Trump, but he would be more competent and would take advantage of the press's love of "reaching across the aisle" when making numerous deals with Republicans.

Even if you delude yourself into believing Bloomberg has any decent stances, there's no chance Bloomberg would beat Trump. Trump could win by just talking about the soda tax at every debate. He wouldn't have to do anything else. Bloomberg doesn't inspire anyone. He would try to campaign on "I'm worth way more than Trump!" and "I'm a smart fella, Trump's not." I would guess Bloomberg wins maybe six states.

Reading the posts in here about Bloomberg's plausibility is making my brain melt. Even in other places where I see people give credit to Warren and Buttigieg, they're all agreeing that Bloomberg is a horrible choice.

When I read someone get excited about Warren, I strongly disagree but I at least understand how they got themselves there. Michael Bloomberg is one of the worst people in America, has no charisma or appeal outside a very specific group of people, agrees with Trump on way more than he disagrees with him, and would get destroyed in the general election. What are we doing here?
I don't even know where to begin with this mess. Bloomberg is now "one of the worst people in America". and " quite possibly as bad as Trump."Jesus Christ. It's Bernie cult members pulling the same shit as they did with Hillary. Remember, she was "as bad as Trump, maybe worse", "The lesser of two evils" "warmongering corporate shill" blah, blah, blah....

Let's steer back to real life and realize that Trump actually IS one of the worst people in America. A rapist, serial sexual assaulter, pathological liar, russian asset, misogynist, racist, neo-nazi supporter, tyrant lover, who is shredding every last corner of democracy left standing. But yeah, Bloomberg is just as bad. I'm guessing Hillary would have been too right? Saying that you would never vote for Bloomberg is so beyond privileged.

You can badmouth Bloomberg all you want, throw around the favorite Bernie fan word - "oligarch" and not accept reality that if Bloomberg is the nominee, he will not only win, but help to win more Senate and House seats than any other person running. And then there's the Supreme Court and Federal courts that will be absolutely decimated to the point where no liberal policies will see the light of day.

The only way you get to a place where we can start to rebuild, is to win. To remove Trump.
That's how you make progress. The "revolution" isn't happening. 25% of people on the left are on board. That's like 12% of the general public. Time to let it go.
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 11:01 PM   #457
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,232
Local Time: 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
furthermore, AOC is a fascist
If being "progressive" means just talking about stuff a lot. Then yeah. Bernie's got it locked up.
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 11:11 PM   #458
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 03:03 PM
You are a diluted, horrible person if you prefer anyone other than the chosen one. And also don't ever say that there's a Bernie follower problem. That's fake news. Sad.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 11:13 PM   #459
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,232
Local Time: 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
furthermore, AOC is a fascist
Don't speak to soon. I think she will soon be "the establishment". She uttered the word... compromise.

https://twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/1228072536849764352
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 11:15 PM   #460
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 03:03 PM
AOC is my BEC soulmate
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×