US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In some ways, Trump may have been uniquely suited to “beat” Hillary. She is the ultimate insider, she’s been in our lives for 30 years, and she’s deeply serious and studious (that 3am phone call ad from 2008 still stick).

Trump, the total outsider, the vulgar asshole who ran a brand designed to take money from aspirant assholes, may have seemed like a fun alternative, a middle finger to the establishment.

Had it been Cruz/Rubio/Jeb v Hillary, it would have been same old same old, and it would have come down to boring old tench warfare, and the Clinton machine would have held steady because whatever she lost in Obama urban votes an establishment GOP would not have gained in rural votes.

Your analysis is pretty much spot on here

Sarah H Sanders actually said that the "sentiment" was accurate when she had her "slip of the tongue" about countless FBI agents. It was that and "spur of the moment", even though she was reading it from a piece of paper at the podium.

I follow Mayor Pete on Instagram and people are freaking out that he posted a picture of kielbasa. It's being cooked for a Polish holiday called Dyngus Day.

Someone even said they wouldn't vote for him because of this. Wtf. Not only is Trump fucked but some Democrats are too.

They said how could he post this on Earth Day no less

Saw on CNN this morning that a comedian was elected President of Ukraine in a landslide.

Copycats, we elected one first.

On this occasion he seems to be preferable to the band of oligarchs/nationalists that currently pollute Ukrainian politics.

I follow Mayor Pete on Instagram and people are freaking out that he posted a picture of kielbasa. It's being cooked for a Polish holiday called Dyngus Day.

Someone even said they wouldn't vote for him because of this. Wtf. Not only is Trump fucked but some Democrats are too.

People in general are fucked, regardless of political party/leanings.

Heightened paranoia. Some things are just sausages

Showing his true colors? Does Rudy’s giant fake smile (that looks exactly like Trump’s) not throw up red flags for anyone??

Showing his true colors? Does Rudy’s giant fake smile (that looks exactly like Trump’s) not throw up red flags for anyone??
I mean... if anything his true colors were as a moderate Republican that would probably be considered a Democrat at this point. He wasn't a hard core conservative, specifically on social issues. You don't get elected mayor in New York City as a true conservative. He also made his name by prosecuting the mob.

He's just totally gone off the deep end and gone all in on the Fox news Kool aid.

Elizabeth Warren wants to wipe out all student loan debt and make public college free...

https://medium.com/@teamwarren/im-c...blic-college-and-cancellation-of-a246cd0f910f

A few things she says about the high cost of college...
Step two is making sure nothing like this ever happens again. We need to fundamentally change the broken system that created the crisis in the first place
The cost of college deters people from attending college.
The financial strain of attending college — the need to work many hours to cover costs — is a top reason so many people drop out.

This from a former professor who was paid $350,000.00 to teach one class.
I can think of another way to lower the cost of college.

I mean... if anything his true colors were as a moderate Republican that would probably be considered a Democrat at this point. He wasn't a hard core conservative, specifically on social issues. You don't get elected mayor in New York City as a true conservative. He also made his name by prosecuting the mob.

He's just totally gone off the deep end and gone all in on the Fox news Kool aid.

You’re not following what I mean by “true colors.”

You’re practically describing the 2000s politics Trump of being some moderate-centric fellow.

Rudy’s (and Trump’s) true colors are that they’re sleezebags who have no morals, good or bad. Two big fake smiles who want nothing more than to be powerful and in control.

Rudy’s former life as a moderate was because he’s a populist and so is Trump. They don’t have views. They just act to stay in power.

You’re not following what I mean by “true colors.”

You’re practically describing the 2000s politics Trump of being some moderate-centric fellow.

Rudy’s (and Trump’s) true colors are that they’re sleezebags who have no morals, good or bad. Two big fake smiles who want nothing more than to be powerful and in control.

Rudy’s former life as a moderate was because he’s a populist and so is Trump. They don’t have views. They just act to stay in power.
Got it.

Yea I've got no argument there

Nothing says Easter egg roll with kids like wall talk

https://theweek.com/speedreads-amp/836624/trump-talked-about-building-wall-coloring-kids-white-house-easter-egg

They also had Be Best hopscotch at the Easter egg roll

Biden will announce Wed. That will make it 20 Democratic candidates.

CNN has a live town hall tonight from NH with Klobuchar, Warren, Sanders, Harris, and Buttigieg.

Elizabeth Warren wants to wipe out all student loan debt and make public college free...

https://medium.com/@teamwarren/im-c...blic-college-and-cancellation-of-a246cd0f910f

A few things she says about the high cost of college...

This from a former professor who was paid $350,000.00 to teach one class.
I can think of another way to lower the cost of college.

yup. and it's this kind of nutbag econ policy that scares people away from the Democratic party. Warren is an idiot, full stop.

Biden may save them. but probably not.

Unfortunately New York realized decades ago that Donald Trump was a joke, so not sure if that theory has legs.

I’m sure in most NYC circles. He carried a lot of counties upstate. Might just be the rust belt demo shift from northern Maine through Minnesota. White men surged to him in droves. That’s where most of the 2012-2016 blue to red county flips occurred

I’m sure in most NYC circles. He carried a lot of counties upstate. Might just be the rust belt demo shift from northern Maine through Minnesota. White men surged to him in droves. That’s where most of the 2012-2016 blue to red county flips occurred

You’re mistaking somewhere Trump performed well for somewhere Obama performed well.

So what you're saying is the people who knew him most considered him to be a clown, but the old white folks who knew him from his reality show thought he was a star?

That's bang up analysis, there, Cotton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom