US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I turned it on. He's making that Martha MacCallum look foolish.

Good for Bernie for agreeing to go on Fox. Of course the audience is full of his supporters.
Yeah, I love how he so easily shuts down her BS questioning.

And yeah, the audience was complete putty in his hands from what I saw. Kinda hard not to with tweedle Dee and tweedle Dum sitting next to him heh

Last edited:
Then Bernie said something at the end like I hope I didn't or wasn't too harsh... something like that. I read a few months back that his staff was trying to get him to be less cranky and cantankerous.

He is the ultimate cranky get off my lawn guy. Don't ever change Bernie. I still laugh thinking about Bernie saying I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE DAMN EMAILS! in a debate with Hillary.

The difference between Bernie and Trump in that regard is that Bernie seems to have integrity and to genuinely care about others. Whereas Trump has never had an ounce of integrity, cares only about himself, and has the deepest darkest black hole where his heart should be

The difference between Bernie and Trump in that regard is that Bernie seems to have integrity and to genuinely care about others. Whereas Trump has never had an ounce of integrity, cares only about himself, and has the deepest darkest black hole where his heart should be

Well, yeah, they're as polar opposites as far as well off old men can be.

Warren with Pete as VP

Warren has the best policies as of now. But i feel she’ll lose out on nomination for being too specific

Mayor Pete would know exactly how to debate Trump. He would decimate him intellectually (well of course so would every other candidate) without falling into his traps. And Trump has many traps.

Mayor Pete has that calm demeanor that President Obama had.

I still worry about a gay candidate.

I think we all overestimated white people in 2016. I worry about the same thing happening.

I’d love it, of course, and he seems like a genuine political talent, and will probably be a shrewd debater.

But Fox News mainlines fear. And two men kissing is scary to a lot of people.

There’s a subconscious reason my husband and I don’t hold hands in public still. Even in New York. Even in DC.

I still worry about a gay candidate.

I think we all overestimated white people in 2016. I worry about the same thing happening.

I’d love it, of course, and he seems like a genuine political talent, and will probably be a shrewd debater.

But Fox News mainlines fear. And two men kissing is scary to a lot of people.

There’s a subconscious reason my husband and I don’t hold hands in public still. Even in New York. Even in DC.

replace the word "gay" with "black" in this post and it's nearly word-for-word something that could have been written in 2007.

much like being black didn't affect obama the way we all thought it would (i thought then that it was a near-certainty that some angry kkk type would take a shot at him at some point), i don't suspect that him being gay is going to be ultimately that much of an issue. there will always be that set of voters who will never ever consider voting for anything other than a macho straight white man, sure, but they're surely locked-in to a trump vote anyways, unless maybe if (god forbid) biden gets nominated.

Last edited:
replace the word "gay" with "black" in this post and it's nearly word-for-word something that could have been written in 2007.

much like being black didn't affect obama the way we all thought it would (i thought then that it was a near-certainty that some angry kkk type would take a shot at him at some point), i don't suspect that him being gay is going to be ultimately that much of an issue. there will always be that set of voters who will never ever consider voting for anything other than a macho straight white man, sure, but they're surely locked-in to a trump vote anyways, unless maybe if (god forbid) biden gets nominated.

Somebody recently said something really similar to me and explained it in crude terms "White people didn't think that Obama was BLACK black and straight people don't look at Mayor Pete like he's GAY gay." I have no doubt that there is at least some truth to that.

Somebody recently said something really similar to me and explained it in crude terms "White people didn't think that Obama was BLACK black and straight people don't look at Mayor Pete like he's GAY gay." I have no doubt that there is at least some truth to that.
Is that similar to the way they don't consider Trump RACIST racist because he doesn't wear white robes?

Buttigieg still seems like a huge opportunist to me and I think his lack of conviction in anything substantive will see him fail to get off the ground. He and O'Rourke are two guys who should have looked for opportunities to knock off vulnerable Republicans in their respective states instead of getting caught up in the hype train. O'Rourke in particular deciding against taking on Cornyn was a big miss.

The only four candidates that I can see getting the nomination at this point are Biden, Harris, Sanders, and Warren. Biden has the name recognition and fulfills the desire of Democrats to see someone on a debate stage be mean to Trump. Harris has the early influx of money. Sanders has the most clear vision of leftism. And Warren bridges the gap between Sanders' leftist platform and the "pragmatism" desired by centrist Democrats.

Why? She's always been one the most willing of the well-known nominees to lay into Trump in the past. I don't see her being intimidated by him.

Because Donald Trump wins votes by bullying people and Elizabeth Warren is very easy to bully.

The candidates that probably stand up best on a debate stage to Donald’s bullring are Harris, Gabbard, or Sanders. Maybe Booker, though I would say Booker is most likely to get Rubio’d by a Christie instead.

Because Donald Trump wins votes by bullying people and Elizabeth Warren is very easy to bully.

The candidates that probably stand up best on a debate stage to Donald’s bullring are Harris, Gabbard, or Sanders. Maybe Booker, though I would say Booker is most likely to get Rubio’d by a Christie instead.
It's not that she allows herself to get bullied, it's more that she falls for his bullshit. Like trying to prove her native American ancestry. She's also very gaffe prone, and not like goofy, endearing gaffes but boring, I'm a nerdy professor gaffes. Because she is a boring, nerdy professor.

And hey, I'd be all for a boring nerdy professor president. But unfortunately that's not what sells. You need to have some level of charisma. She has next to none.

I mean to me that’s getting bullied. Someone who defends what they’re being made fun of for is being bullied IMO. Someone falling on the defensive, when they should either be swinging back or not swinging at all.

He’s said a lot of horrible things, but other than fire people , what has he gotten accomplished?

Besides what Beal said which is horrible enough there's his pied piping of violent racists, sexists, anti-LGBTQIU community, anti-Islamists, anti-immigrants. And downgrading Science, OSHA etc.

I mean, look at you and your husband not holding hands in public where maybe you once did; at least in nyc?

Besides what Beal said which is horrible enough there's his pied piping of violent racists, sexists, anti-LGBTQIU community, anti-Islamists, anti-immigrants. And downgrading Science, OSHA etc.

I mean, look at you and your husband not holding hands in public where maybe you once did; at least in nyc?

It’s just not something we’ve ever done. We could, we’re not small men, but it’s just not something we felt comfortable doing sonit never became an automatic couple thing we did.

It used to be stressful asking strangers to take a picture of us if we were on vacation. Because ... I don’t know, it just always was.

I personally don’t feel anti-gay animus from Trump. It really seems like we’ve turned a corner as a country.

Trans folk, however, is a very different story. Trump loves to kick them whenever he can, because he’s objectively a horrible person.

It’s just not something we’ve ever done. We could, we’re not small men, but it’s just not something we felt comfortable doing sonit never became an automatic couple thing we did.

It used to be stressful asking strangers to take a picture of us if we were on vacation. Because ... I don’t know, it just always was.

I personally don’t feel anti-gay animus from Trump. It really seems like we’ve turned a corner as a country.

Trans folk, however, is a very different story. Trump loves to kick them whenever he can, because he’s objectively a horrible person.

Ah, got it.

You're right that trump doesn't seem to have an anti-gay vibe.

i mean more like the people he encourages often have an anti-gay bias along with a lot of other bigotry etc.

And yeah, trans people are another story. sigh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom