US Politics V - now with 20% more echo chamber - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-09-2017, 07:57 AM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Rum Tum Tugger is a Curious Cat...
Posts: 6,663
Local Time: 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
About a year ago you gave me a three-day ban for calling a fascist and his fascistic mates fascists
I don't know if I would have banned Axver the U2 fan for using fascist.

But Axver the historian should absolutely have been banned for contributing to the current fad of misusing and abusing the term!
__________________

Nick66 is offline  
Old 12-09-2017, 10:56 AM   #82
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 09:44 PM
In thread is not the place for this, ax.
__________________

Diemen is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 08:12 AM   #83
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Reports of small explosion in path between Port Authority Bus Terminal and Times Square subway station.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 08:24 AM   #84
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Suspect was wearing device, set it off... either wasn't put together well or malfunctioned.

Bullet dodged.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 10:58 AM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,514
Local Time: 03:44 AM
And while this is going on, Trump is attacking the media about the number of hours of TV he watches a day.
BEAL is online now  
Old 12-11-2017, 01:27 PM   #86
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,716
Local Time: 09:44 PM
So glad the idiot's bomb malfunctioned and he was caught quickly.

Take care and stay safe, New Yorkers.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 06:35 PM   #87
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,963
Local Time: 10:44 PM
what in the everlasting fuck

https://streamable.com/42220
DaveC is online now  
Old 12-11-2017, 07:25 PM   #88
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
what in the everlasting fuck

https://streamable.com/42220
Do you ever get the feeling that we're a part of a prolonged episode of Black Mirror?
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 07:56 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,514
Local Time: 03:44 AM
I think it’s fake
BEAL is online now  
Old 12-11-2017, 08:05 PM   #90
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,963
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I think it’s fake
nope. the full 2 minute interview is here if you want to subject yourself to it: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...russia-alabama
DaveC is online now  
Old 12-11-2017, 08:37 PM   #91
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 10:44 PM
We truly are fucked aren’t we?

We have a racist, snowflake manchild shutting down the borders to anyone that doesn’t look like him, to science, to logic, to freedom of press, and completely opening the White House doors to white supremacy and human garbage like this.
BVS is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 08:48 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
dabiggestu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The edge of the known universe
Posts: 3,470
Local Time: 03:44 AM
I seriously have no desire to check the news out anymore. Just today when I checked: I saw all of this:

1. A video of a cop executing a poor scared guy that was trying to follow some very confusing demands. And finding out that the cop was acquitted.
2. A video of a poor kid who is bullied.
3. An attempted bomb attack in NYC
4. Trump making robo calls and campaigning for a child molester.
5. Trump picking his usual fights with the media about how many hours of tv he watches.
6. Seeing the strong possibility that a child molester will win tomorrow in an election.
7. Betsy DeVos ending the debt cancellation programs for those who were scammed in fake colleges. Especially when trump had his pos trump university and Devos is/was owner of a debt collection company.

And this is only the shit that I remember about reading today. Just in ONE day!
God what a fucked up world we live in. I’m tired of all this nonsense. I think I’ll just listen to music, watch movies and work on my photography and try to be blissfully ignorant of what is happening currently, because every single damn day, I read about something that makes me absolutely sick!
dabiggestu2fan is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 08:51 PM   #93
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
I seriously have no desire to check the news out anymore. Just today when I checked: I saw all of this:

1. A video of a cop executing a poor scared guy that was trying to follow some very confusing demands. And finding out that the cop was acquitted.
2. A video of a poor kid who is bullied.
3. An attempted bomb attack in NYC
4. Trump making robo calls and campaigning for a child molester.
5. Trump picking his usual fights with the media about how many hours of tv he watches.
6. Seeing the strong possibility that a child molester will win tomorrow in an election.
7. Betsy DeVos ending the debt cancellation programs for those who were scammed in fake colleges. Especially when trump had his pos trump university and Devos is/was owner of a debt collection company.

And this is only the shit that I remember about reading today. Just in ONE day!
God what a fucked up world we live in. I’m tired of all this nonsense. I think I’ll just listen to music, watch movies and work on my photography and try to be blissfully ignorant of what is happening currently, because every single damn day, I read about something that makes me absolutely sick!
I guess we shouldn't tell you that the bullied kid's mom turns out to be one hell of a racist then, huh?
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 09:02 PM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
dabiggestu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The edge of the known universe
Posts: 3,470
Local Time: 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I guess we shouldn't tell you that the bullied kid's mom turns out to be one hell of a racist then, huh?
I was not aware of that tbh, another fucking sick thing! Fuck the racists too. But the kid is just a kid, if he was bullied that just sucks. It hits hard for me as I was bullied like crazy when I was a kid because 1. I just moved to Canada and knew not one word of English and 2 I was a pretty small (short) guy for my age. I eventually stopped getting bullied once I moved schools and lived a relitively normal life but those 5 years or so I endured of heavy bullying did somewhat have an impact on how I interact socially. Anyway sorry getting carried away, the video just impacted me but I had no idea that his mother is a pos racist. However this doesn’t change that fact that I feel very badly for the kid.
dabiggestu2fan is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 09:16 PM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
dabiggestu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The edge of the known universe
Posts: 3,470
Local Time: 03:44 AM
And after just reading about it, it may seem that the mother is using her kid for her own gain which is even more sickening!
dabiggestu2fan is offline  
Old 12-11-2017, 10:39 PM   #96
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 10:44 PM
As someone who’s dealt with bullying, I sincerely feel for this kid, and if we all had a percentage of his empathy we’d live in a better world.

But from the first listen, I did not like the mother’s tone. That was not the tone of a sympathetic wanting to help mother.

I feel sorry for this kid in many ways.
BVS is offline  
Old 12-12-2017, 04:51 AM   #97
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Indeed. The kid is still a victim here, just in more ways than first thought
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 12-12-2017, 06:50 AM   #98
Acrobat
 
patternshirt170's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Branch, NJ
Posts: 396
Local Time: 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
I seriously have no desire to check the news out anymore. Just today when I checked: I saw all of this:

1. A video of a cop executing a poor scared guy that was trying to follow some very confusing demands. And finding out that the cop was acquitted.
2. A video of a poor kid who is bullied.
3. An attempted bomb attack in NYC
4. the rich asshole making robo calls and campaigning for a child molester.
5. the rich asshole picking his usual fights with the media about how many hours of tv he watches.
6. Seeing the strong possibility that a child molester will win tomorrow in an election.
7. Betsy DeVos ending the debt cancellation programs for those who were scammed in fake colleges. Especially when trump had his pos trump university and Devos is/was owner of a debt collection company.

And this is only the shit that I remember about reading today. Just in ONE day!
God what a fucked up world we live in. I’m tired of all this nonsense. I think I’ll just listen to music, watch movies and work on my photography and try to be blissfully ignorant of what is happening currently, because every single damn day, I read about something that makes me absolutely sick!
Oh I know and it used be so nice too....

Vietnam & Kent State.
Political assassinations (or attempted) in the US & riots at the conventions.
The Troubles.
The National Front.
Weell... there's Watergate of course.
The German Red Army Faction kidnappings & bombings.
The Munich Olympics.
Fascist Bombings in European cities.
European airport massacres by Islamic Jihadists of the era in Athens and Vienna.
Ronald Reagan & Margaret Thatcher.
Airline hijackings, hostages in Beirut, Panam/Lockerbie bombing.
Oh... just a thirty year long embedded, organised and well funded miitary grade armed terrrorist operation in England waging a weekly, bloody war - aka the PIRA.
The Iranian Embassy siege.
The Iran Contra affair.
The Iran/Iraq war.
Brixton, Toxteth riots.
Saddam nerve gassing the Kurdish people for shits.
The Cold War.

1990s...

Same shite, different calender mate.
patternshirt170 is offline  
Old 12-12-2017, 08:32 AM   #99
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,465
Local Time: 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternshirt170 View Post
Oh I know and it used be so nice too....



Vietnam & Kent State.

Political assassinations (or attempted) in the US & riots at the conventions.

The Troubles.

The National Front.

Weell... there's Watergate of course.

The German Red Army Faction kidnappings & bombings.

The Munich Olympics.

Fascist Bombings in European cities.

European airport massacres by Islamic Jihadists of the era in Athens and Vienna.

Ronald Reagan & Margaret Thatcher.

Airline hijackings, hostages in Beirut, Panam/Lockerbie bombing.

Oh... just a thirty year long embedded, organised and well funded miitary grade armed terrrorist operation in England waging a weekly, bloody war - aka the PIRA.

The Iranian Embassy siege.

The Iran Contra affair.

The Iran/Iraq war.

Brixton, Toxteth riots.

Saddam nerve gassing the Kurdish people for shits.

The Cold War.



1990s...



Same shite, different calender mate.



So, in general, I agree with this. The world does get better, in aggregate, with each passing year (global warming aside, although we could argue that each year brings progress).

However, Trump is such a wildcard, that he injects so much anxiety into the present thetnit makes today’s events feel much more stressful than in the past
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 12-12-2017, 08:37 AM   #100
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Anybody else have a sudden hankering for some Billy Joel?
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×