US Politics V - now with 20% more echo chamber - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #341
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
No words. He really should have gone with Judge Judy. Or Judge Alex. Unfortunately Wapner is dead - isn't he?

Trump's judge pick had a very bad day (opinion) - CNN
Lol this is like a real life version of dumb and dumber. There are no words indeed. The fact that a president of the USA thinks this doofes was a viable candidate for this position is beyond scary.

Old 12-17-2017, 01:52 PM   #342
Refugee

Local Time: 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
In other news, upon being elected, Ralph Northam has immediately reversed his position on Medicaid because he wants "civility" in Virginia. The Democrats, ladies and gentlemen. Centrism, folks. Gotta love it!

The party seriously needs to stop worrying about civility. It's such bullshit. When the GOP wins elections by .01% they eviscerate the safety net, cut taxes for the rich, take away healthcare, etc. When the Democrats win elections by a wide margin they worry about bipartisanship and civility and so we end up with watered down policies like Obamacare, which while a step in the right direction, is nowhere near what we need to do to fix the healthcare system. I'm rambling right now but I'm so done with the Democratic Party and how they continually compromise their ideals in order to appeal to some nonexistent referee of the political system.

Old 12-17-2017, 01:53 PM   #343
Refugee

In case anyone wants to know about the challenges my generation faces: http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/a...r-millennials/
Old 12-17-2017, 02:00 PM   #344
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:19 AM
One of those challenges appears to be an inability to read 15 posts back...
Old 12-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #345
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
Only way out is 2018, hopefully the democrats will clean house in the elections.
I hope that's the case, too, but the problem is that November is still so far away yet. What the hell do we do until then? It feels like no matter what we do to try and wake the GOP up to do something about this shit, they won't listen (remember them literally running away from town hall meetings on the healthcare bill last year?).

So yeah, we could all take to the streets if Trump does fire Mueller, and we absolutely should do that. But it's going to feel like a futile gesture if the GOP doesn't give any sort of a shit.

So what can be done to get the message through to them before November? Can anything be done? Do they really think their jobs will be in danger next year if they don't fight Trump?

The GOP is so horribly pathetic it's incredible.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:37 PM   #346
Blue Crack Distributor

If the Democrats don't take back both houses of Congress in 2018 they should fold.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:48 PM   #347
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:19 AM
I didn't know that he never even mentioned Sandy Hook on the anniversary. What a pos

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/...icle-1.3703980
Old 12-17-2017, 04:04 PM   #348
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
I hope that's the case, too, but the problem is that November is still so far away yet. What the hell do we do until then? It feels like no matter what we do to try and wake the GOP up to do something about this shit, they won't listen (remember them literally running away from town hall meetings on the healthcare bill last year?).

So yeah, we could all take to the streets if Trump does fire Mueller, and we absolutely should do that. But it's going to feel like a futile gesture if the GOP doesn't give any sort of a shit.

So what can be done to get the message through to them before November? Can anything be done? Do they really think their jobs will be in danger next year if they don't fight Trump?

The GOP is so horribly pathetic it's incredible.
Exactly this! The gop is too cowardly to do anything in fear that it will have an adverse impact on them next year! Too bad they don’t know any better and they are hurting themselves more by doing nothing! I don’t see any major changes until democrats take control even if we go to the streets sadly.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:50 PM   #349
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
The party seriously needs to stop worrying about civility. It's such bullshit. When the GOP wins elections by .01% they eviscerate the safety net, cut taxes for the rich, take away healthcare, etc. When the Democrats win elections by a wide margin they worry about bipartisanship and civility and so we end up with watered down policies like Obamacare, which while a step in the right direction, is nowhere near what we need to do to fix the healthcare system. I'm rambling right now but I'm so done with the Democratic Party and how they continually compromise their ideals in order to appeal to some nonexistent referee of the political system.
The Democrats are some combination of incompetent and disingenuous, and really it's just a case-by-case basis on which trait is more prevalent.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:50 PM   #350
Refugee

Trump and Putin speak by phone after foiled St. Petersburg attacks - CNNPolitics

Great job by the CIA, and a good sign for international relations. Hopefully Russia will reciprocate w/ America and its friends if they have the opportunity.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:07 PM   #351
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0112.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	11687

It reads like Trump wrote this himself.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:21 PM   #352
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Trump and Putin speak by phone after foiled St. Petersburg attacks - CNNPolitics

Great job by the CIA, and a good sign for international relations. Hopefully Russia will reciprocate w/ America and its friends if they have the opportunity.
OMG I knooooow!
Old 12-18-2017, 03:01 AM   #353
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
One of those challenges appears to be an inability to read 15 posts back...

I was too busy peeling avocados to put on my toast
Old 12-18-2017, 03:56 AM   #354
Refugee

Local Time: 08:19 PM
Quote:
Old 12-18-2017, 06:46 AM   #355
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Old 12-18-2017, 08:00 AM   #356
Blue Crack Distributor

https://twitter.com/OhNoSheTwitnt/st...39740503281665

Also, Fuck Ted Cruz.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:20 AM   #357
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Attachment 11687

It reads like Trump wrote this himself.

Reads like *actual* fake news, with the Minority Report pre-crime scenario and never-before-used exclamation points.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #358
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

All that was missing from that letter was the sentence "Putin also admired how large President Trump's hands truly are".

To be a fly on the wall when Trump's lawyers meet with Mueller.

I think it's imperative this week that we reach out to our elected officials and let it be known that we will not accept Mueller being let go.

It worked with the ACA, it may still work with the Tax Bill....but something needs to be done or the very institutions that have been built to serve this society will be torn down. Not sure where you go after that happens
Old 12-18-2017, 11:14 AM   #359
Blue Crack Addict

This is all posturing. Firing Mueller does no benefit at this point in time. They're just attacking the credibility of the investigation because it's gone on for so long that it's starting to make them look bad (regardless of results). But, he's getting exactly what he deserves for firing Comey. Firing Comey created a 10xComey situation. Fire Mueller right now and you'll get a 100xComey situation. Probably from the senate.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:21 AM   #360
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
This is all posturing. Firing Mueller does no benefit at this point in time. They're just attacking the credibility of the investigation because it's gone on for so long that it's starting to make them look bad (regardless of results). But, he's getting exactly what he deserves for firing Comey. Firing Comey created a 10xComey situation. Fire Mueller right now and you'll get a 100xComey situation. Probably from the senate.
You may be right.

But I ask this - when did this candidate, president-elect, and now president do anything that made sense?

How many "well this will surely sink him" moments have we had since November 2015?