US Politics IV - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2017, 07:17 AM   #381
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:45 AM
Do they allow shows to be taped from prison?

Old 11-04-2017, 09:37 AM   #382
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilad View Post
God imagine if that's how he plays it. He resigns the presidency and spends the last few years of his life being a tv ratings superstar. He'll still feel he's won.

Which is all he ever really wanted. TRUMP TV.

Old 11-04-2017, 02:19 PM   #383
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:45 AM
Yep his supporters need not worry, if trump resigns or gets kicked out, I'm sure trump will have a reality tv show up and running for his supporters to eat it up. Trump never really wanted to be president I am sure, all he wanted was raitings and being the subject of attention and conversation. He is getting the attention and conversation for sure. As for the raitings I am sure the low approval polls must be eating him up inside which I totally love.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:11 PM   #384
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:45 PM
Fuck Donna Brazile and her totally unnecessary shit-stirring just to sell some books.

Today she's on the talk shows saying "there was no rigging." YOU DON'T SAY. Seriously lady? Get bent.

Get your shit together, democrats.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:24 PM   #385
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Fuck Donna Brazile and her totally unnecessary shit-stirring just to sell some books.

Today she's on the talk shows saying "there was no rigging." YOU DON'T SAY. Seriously lady? Get bent.

Get your shit together, democrats.

In fairness, is it Donna Brazile, or is it the media focusing on Donna Brazile? Can't fault her for wanting to write a book / making money. Doesn't seem to me that she's stirring shit. Seems to me that places like Faux News are creating alternative narratives and she's just correcting it.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:25 PM   #386
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Yep, what a stupid thing to start up. All to sell books.

Bernie had the same deal with DNC, to raise money to help. He chose not to, or didn’t raise even close to the amount Clinton did.

Other news tho

Charges could be coming soon for Flynn. Lots of chatter that’s he’s been looking for a deal since this all started. Only way Mueller flips him is if he can get Trump on Russia (and not obstruction which probably happens anyway)
Old 11-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #387
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
In fairness, is it Donna Brazile, or is it the media focusing on Donna Brazile? Can't fault her for wanting to write a book / making money. Doesn't seem to me that she's stirring shit. Seems to me that places like Faux News are creating alternative narratives and she's just correcting it.
Could be. It's just so frustrating.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:20 PM   #388
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Yep, what a stupid thing to start up. All to sell books.

Bernie had the same deal with DNC, to raise money to help. He chose not to, or didn’t raise even close to the amount Clinton did.

Other news tho

Charges could be coming soon for Flynn. Lots of chatter that’s he’s been looking for a deal since this all started. Only way Mueller flips him is if he can get Trump on Russia (and not obstruction which probably happens anyway)

BigMacPhisto, if you're around, take a bow

Re-reading bits of the "2016 US Presidential Election" threads today in regards to the Mrs. Clinton / Bernie race is really something else

Your perspective was pretty much on point the whole time, and looking even more so lately...
Old 11-05-2017, 01:38 PM   #389
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post

Re-reading bits of the "2016 US Presidential Election" threads today in regards to the Mrs. Clinton / Bernie race is really something else

Your perspective was pretty much on point the whole time, and looking even more so lately...
Thanks for stopping by
Old 11-05-2017, 04:48 PM   #390
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

This is literally the definition of a nothing burger.

Unless you count the Democrats continuing to fuck up their chances for 2018 and 2020
Old 11-05-2017, 06:20 PM   #391
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post

We get it, reading comprehension is hard. If you don’t have Hannity there to explain it to you, how will you know what she really said?

You know, reading multiple sources, or I don’t know actually reading the book is just too hard. But go ahead, raise your glass to someone who was completely wrong, continue living in that bubble, I’m sure it’s a nice warm and cozy safe zone.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:32 PM   #392
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Wilbur Ross now in the news for his ties to Russia.

Follow the $$$$$

People in the Trump administration are all Russian until proven otherwise
Old 11-05-2017, 06:44 PM   #393
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:15 PM
Quote:
Wilbur Ross now in the news for his ties to Russia.

Follow the $$$$$

People in the Trump administration are all Russian until proven otherwise
At this point, if I were to believe many liberals, even I might have some unknown ties to the Trump administration ...
Old 11-05-2017, 07:16 PM   #394
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
At this point, if I were to believe many liberals, even I might have some unknown ties to the Trump administration ...

Your name is vlad.

Curious though, what's your opinion of the Mueller investigation and the Russian ties?

And as an additive, what's your take on the funny little dual citizenship thing that seems to be.. plaguing.. Australia's politics?
Old 11-05-2017, 07:33 PM   #395
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Curious though, what's your opinion of the Mueller investigation and the Russian ties?
I was initially very skeptical of it, though now understand that it does have some legs - but I see it only as one of numerous components of why the US is in the position it is right now. On the other hand, the anti-Russian-everything hysteria that accompanies it (and yes, there is a laughable lack of knowledge mixed with xenophobia - I see this a lot among "#TheResistance" Twitter liberals) is so deeply aggravating it makes it hard to sympathise with Democrat supporters at all.

Quote:
And as an additive, what's your take on the funny little dual citizenship thing that seems to be.. plaguing.. Australia's politics?
I think the law itself is a bit ridiculous, but at the same it's playing a big role in condemning this already unpopular government to a certain election loss. Part of the issue is some politicians trying to hide from it when they suspect that they are found to be in breach of the law, which certainly doesn't help.

However, a much bigger and more pressing issue is the Australian state's commitment to perpetuating human rights abuses in regards to refugees.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:36 PM   #396
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I have nothing against Russians. Not a fan of Putin, but don’t consider Russians evil

I’m more disappointed in the con job pulled over this country. And it didn’t start with Trump.

Maybe a silver lining to all this is the exposure of just how corrupt our politicians and policies have become.

Maybe a Bernie type does have a chance in a national election
Old 11-05-2017, 07:45 PM   #397
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:45 PM
Quote:
I have nothing against Russians. Not a fan of Putin, but don’t consider Russians evil

I’m more disappointed in the con job pulled over this country. And it didn’t start with Trump.
Sums up my attitude on all of this. I haven't personally encountered any general anti-Russian sentiment online (course, I'm also not on Twitter), but anyone out there who is using this as a reason/excuse to hate Russians in general, yeah, that's just dumb.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:52 PM   #398
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
the anti-Russian-everything hysteria that accompanies it.
Always been that way, but I agree it's always been silly. But this of course is a little beyond that.

Quote:
I think the law itself is a bit ridiculous
I think it's a hilarious and stupid law. I know they make a big deal out of it, but as a citizen of multiple countries, I think it's plain dumb. Eapiecally in lands like the US or Australia, where everyone is a damn dual citizen if they dig hard enough.

Quote:
but at the same it's playing a big role in condemning this already unpopular government to a certain election loss. Part of the issue is some politicians trying to hide from it when they suspect that they are found to be in breach of the law, which certainly doesn't help.
This is the real reason I asked. Take that and apply it to the Trump thing. Fits perfectly. Only difference is that a foreign country does aim to benefit from the Trump thing. Suggesting dual citizenship is somehow a foreign allegiance is... in just about every case... grasping at straws.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:23 PM   #399
Blue Crack Addict

I pop open Fox News to see the other side from time to time. To peer into the minds of what people are fed.

Exhibit A:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6781.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	11540

The church shooting is depicted in "darkest hour" format for Fox mobile, much as the Vegas and Pulse shootings were for CNN (which sort of makes sense, given the audiences and what the emotional appeal from media).

Unbelievably, Fox News still has related article links that are wildly inappropriate for the matter.

Exhibit B:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6782.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	11541

Didn't know what I was opening until I opened it and realized it was about the NYC attack. Interesting choice of words, to say the least.

Let's cut the PC garbage. Take their guns away.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:53 PM   #400
Blue Crack Supplier

Watch the VA race tomorrow. It shouldn’t be close, it is. Gillespie is playing filthy, nasty white identity politics, and it seems to be working.

If it does, we are in for years of ugliness as a white population in decline — in so many ways — lashes out.