US Politics IV - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-04-2017, 07:17 AM   #381
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,384
Local Time: 12:45 AM
Do they allow shows to be taped from prison?
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-04-2017, 09:37 AM   #382
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,518
Local Time: 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilad View Post
God imagine if that's how he plays it. He resigns the presidency and spends the last few years of his life being a tv ratings superstar. He'll still feel he's won.



Which is all he ever really wanted. TRUMP TV.
__________________

Irvine511 is offline  
Old 11-04-2017, 02:19 PM   #383
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
dabiggestu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The edge of the known universe
Posts: 3,470
Local Time: 05:45 AM
Yep his supporters need not worry, if trump resigns or gets kicked out, I'm sure trump will have a reality tv show up and running for his supporters to eat it up. Trump never really wanted to be president I am sure, all he wanted was raitings and being the subject of attention and conversation. He is getting the attention and conversation for sure. As for the raitings I am sure the low approval polls must be eating him up inside which I totally love.
dabiggestu2fan is offline  
Old 11-05-2017, 12:11 PM   #384
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 10:45 PM
Fuck Donna Brazile and her totally unnecessary shit-stirring just to sell some books.

Today she's on the talk shows saying "there was no rigging." YOU DON'T SAY. Seriously lady? Get bent.

Get your shit together, democrats.
corianderstem is offline  
Old 11-05-2017, 12:24 PM   #385
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,534
Local Time: 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Fuck Donna Brazile and her totally unnecessary shit-stirring just to sell some books.

Today she's on the talk shows saying "there was no rigging." YOU DON'T SAY. Seriously lady? Get bent.

Get your shit together, democrats.


In fairness, is it Donna Brazile, or is it the media focusing on Donna Brazile? Can't fault her for wanting to write a book / making money. Doesn't seem to me that she's stirring shit. Seems to me that places like Faux News are creating alternative narratives and she's just correcting it.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 11-05-2017, 12:25 PM   #386
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,549
Local Time: 05:45 AM
Yep, what a stupid thing to start up. All to sell books.

Bernie had the same deal with DNC, to raise money to help. He chose not to, or didn’t raise even close to the amount Clinton did.

Other news tho

Charges could be coming soon for Flynn. Lots of chatter that’s he’s been looking for a deal since this all started. Only way Mueller flips him is if he can get Trump on Russia (and not obstruction which probably happens anyway)
BEAL is offline  
Old 11-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #387
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
In fairness, is it Donna Brazile, or is it the media focusing on Donna Brazile? Can't fault her for wanting to write a book / making money. Doesn't seem to me that she's stirring shit. Seems to me that places like Faux News are creating alternative narratives and she's just correcting it.
Could be. It's just so frustrating.
corianderstem is offline  
Old 11-05-2017, 01:20 PM   #388
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,210
Local Time: 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Yep, what a stupid thing to start up. All to sell books.

Bernie had the same deal with DNC, to raise money to help. He chose not to, or didn’t raise even close to the amount Clinton did.

Other news tho

Charges could be coming soon for Flynn. Lots of chatter that’s he’s been looking for a deal since this all started. Only way Mueller flips him is if he can get Trump on Russia (and not obstruction which probably happens anyway)

BigMacPhisto, if you're around, take a bow

Re-reading bits of the "2016 US Presidential Election" threads today in regards to the Mrs. Clinton / Bernie race is really something else

Your perspective was pretty much on point the whole time, and looking even more so lately...
Bluer White is offline  
Old 11-05-2017, 01:38 PM   #389
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,384
Local Time: 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
BigMacPhisto, if you're around, take a bow

Re-reading bits of the "2016 US Presidential Election" threads today in regards to the Mrs. Clinton / Bernie race is really something else

Your perspective was pretty much on point the whole time, and looking even more so lately...
Thanks for stopping by
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-05-2017, 04:48 PM   #390
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,549
Local Time: 05:45 AM
This is literally the definition of a nothing burger.

Unless you count the Democrats continuing to fuck up their chances for 2018 and 2020
BEAL is offline  
Old 11-05-2017, 06:20 PM   #391
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
BigMacPhisto, if you're around, take a bow



Re-reading bits of the "2016 US Presidential Election" threads today in regards to the Mrs. Clinton / Bernie race is really something else



Your perspective was pretty much on point the whole time, and looking even more so lately...


We get it, reading comprehension is hard. If you don’t have Hannity there to explain it to you, how will you know what she really said?

You know, reading multiple sources, or I don’t know actually reading the book is just too hard. But go ahead, raise your glass to someone who was completely wrong, continue living in that bubble, I’m sure it’s a nice warm and cozy safe zone.
BVS is offline  
Old 11-05-2017, 06:32 PM   #392
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,549
Local Time: 05:45 AM
Wilbur Ross now in the news for his ties to Russia.

Follow the $$$$$

People in the Trump administration are all Russian until proven otherwise
BEAL is offline  
Old 11-05-2017, 06:44 PM   #393
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,370
Local Time: 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Wilbur Ross now in the news for his ties to Russia.

Follow the $$$$$

People in the Trump administration are all Russian until proven otherwise
At this point, if I were to believe many liberals, even I might have some unknown ties to the Trump administration ...
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 11-05-2017, 07:16 PM   #394
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,534
Local Time: 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
At this point, if I were to believe many liberals, even I might have some unknown ties to the Trump administration ...


Your name is vlad.

Curious though, what's your opinion of the Mueller investigation and the Russian ties?

And as an additive, what's your take on the funny little dual citizenship thing that seems to be.. plaguing.. Australia's politics?
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 11-05-2017, 07:33 PM   #395
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,370
Local Time: 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Curious though, what's your opinion of the Mueller investigation and the Russian ties?
I was initially very skeptical of it, though now understand that it does have some legs - but I see it only as one of numerous components of why the US is in the position it is right now. On the other hand, the anti-Russian-everything hysteria that accompanies it (and yes, there is a laughable lack of knowledge mixed with xenophobia - I see this a lot among "#TheResistance" Twitter liberals) is so deeply aggravating it makes it hard to sympathise with Democrat supporters at all.

Quote:
And as an additive, what's your take on the funny little dual citizenship thing that seems to be.. plaguing.. Australia's politics?
I think the law itself is a bit ridiculous, but at the same it's playing a big role in condemning this already unpopular government to a certain election loss. Part of the issue is some politicians trying to hide from it when they suspect that they are found to be in breach of the law, which certainly doesn't help.

However, a much bigger and more pressing issue is the Australian state's commitment to perpetuating human rights abuses in regards to refugees.
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 11-05-2017, 07:36 PM   #396
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,549
Local Time: 05:45 AM
I have nothing against Russians. Not a fan of Putin, but don’t consider Russians evil

I’m more disappointed in the con job pulled over this country. And it didn’t start with Trump.

Maybe a silver lining to all this is the exposure of just how corrupt our politicians and policies have become.

Maybe a Bernie type does have a chance in a national election
BEAL is offline  
Old 11-05-2017, 07:45 PM   #397
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,725
Local Time: 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I have nothing against Russians. Not a fan of Putin, but don’t consider Russians evil

I’m more disappointed in the con job pulled over this country. And it didn’t start with Trump.
Sums up my attitude on all of this. I haven't personally encountered any general anti-Russian sentiment online (course, I'm also not on Twitter), but anyone out there who is using this as a reason/excuse to hate Russians in general, yeah, that's just dumb.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 11-05-2017, 07:52 PM   #398
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,534
Local Time: 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
the anti-Russian-everything hysteria that accompanies it.
Always been that way, but I agree it's always been silly. But this of course is a little beyond that.

Quote:
I think the law itself is a bit ridiculous
I think it's a hilarious and stupid law. I know they make a big deal out of it, but as a citizen of multiple countries, I think it's plain dumb. Eapiecally in lands like the US or Australia, where everyone is a damn dual citizen if they dig hard enough.


Quote:
but at the same it's playing a big role in condemning this already unpopular government to a certain election loss. Part of the issue is some politicians trying to hide from it when they suspect that they are found to be in breach of the law, which certainly doesn't help.
This is the real reason I asked. Take that and apply it to the Trump thing. Fits perfectly. Only difference is that a foreign country does aim to benefit from the Trump thing. Suggesting dual citizenship is somehow a foreign allegiance is... in just about every case... grasping at straws.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 11-05-2017, 09:23 PM   #399
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,534
Local Time: 01:45 AM
I pop open Fox News to see the other side from time to time. To peer into the minds of what people are fed.

Exhibit A:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6781.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	11540

The church shooting is depicted in "darkest hour" format for Fox mobile, much as the Vegas and Pulse shootings were for CNN (which sort of makes sense, given the audiences and what the emotional appeal from media).

Unbelievably, Fox News still has related article links that are wildly inappropriate for the matter.

Exhibit B:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6782.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	11541

Didn't know what I was opening until I opened it and realized it was about the NYC attack. Interesting choice of words, to say the least.

Let's cut the PC garbage. Take their guns away.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 11-06-2017, 05:53 PM   #400
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,518
Local Time: 01:45 AM
Watch the VA race tomorrow. It shouldn’t be close, it is. Gillespie is playing filthy, nasty white identity politics, and it seems to be working.

If it does, we are in for years of ugliness as a white population in decline — in so many ways — lashes out.
__________________

Irvine511 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×