so long paul martin, so long canada, hello superfreaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonoman said:

This country is extremely seperate. The West hates the East, the East hates the West and everyone hates Quebec and Quebec hates everyone else!

To be honest with you, the East doesn't care enough about the West (save for Vancouver) to hate them. I know people in Alberta like to rag on Ontario, but here, Alberta's not on anyone's radar, and nobody even thinks about it, much less devotes energy to an active dislike. Which may be sad, but it's true.

Belinda Stronach was in the wrong party. But she's also, to me, a fairly shameless opportunist without much experience except sittin pretty.

Still voting NDP myself.

When one part of the country doesnt care enough about the other then you can call it hate or stupidity.

At the end of the day i dont wanna leave Alberta, we're in best financial shape of any district in north america. I dont hate the east just dont understand them. I wanna change Alberta, from Conservative to more middle of the road, we have a work force in this province that is being mistreated by our blind prov. gov't.

But i know what you mean when you say the East doesnt care, its sad, its just like how Canada cares so much about the USA but they couldnt give a shit about us. Doesnt fell to good.

bonoman said:

This country is in dire need of a Liberal leader from Western Canada. I know that sounds like 'poor old alberta us' talk but it is the only thing that would ever bring the two sides of the country together.

bonoman said:
At the end of the day i dont wanna leave Alberta, we're in best financial shape of any district in north america. I dont hate the east just dont understand them. I wanna change Alberta, from Conservative to more middle of the road, we have a work force in this province that is being mistreated by our blind prov. gov't.

are you scripting landslide anne mclellan's liberal party leadership bid?

melon said:

I don't know if Quebec's support for the Bloc necessarily translates into support for separatism. I think it translates more into Quebec's disgust with the Liberals currently and downright hatred of the Conservatives.

Exactly; in Québec, a vote for the Bloc is not necessarily a vote for independance. It is a fairly safe vote compared to a vote for the Parti Québécois in provincial elections. The NDP is not known well enough over here. So when people don't want to vote Liberal, they vote Bloc. The Conservatives, or should I say Harper's Conservatives, will never break through Québec.

Québec is center-left and really doesn't care for the right unless a very charismatic leader comes along (Mulroney for instance).

bonoman said:

This country is extremely seperate. The West hates the East, the East hates the West and everyone hates Quebec and Quebec hates everyone else!

I don't hate you guys :wink:

...yet :wink: j/k

But we are indeed different and this can of course create tensions. As Melon said, the country is very wide. It's not that easy to establish good communication between, say, New-Brunswick and Alberta, or Québec and Saskatchewan.

I can only imagine how complex it must be in Russia between Vladivostok and Moscow. :huh:

Badyouken said:

It's not that easy to establish good communication between, say..or Québec and Saskatchewan.

:

HA! Try being a French-Canadian in Saskatchewan! It wasn't easy!!!!! :wink:

Anyhow, how exciting was that vote?? The Liberals live to see another day...

I can't believe Kilgour voted with the Tories - his main issue was Sudan yet he votes with the party that would more than likely give less to Africa.....:huh:

ladywithspinninghead said:

I can't believe Kilgour voted with the Tories - his main issue was Sudan yet he votes with the party that would more than likely give less to Africa.....:huh:

no kidding. i don't think steven harper gives a rat's ass about sudan.

*breathing a sigh of relief that the vote is over and the budget passed*

ladywithspinninghead said:
this had me shaking my head as well... wtf? :tsk:

anyhoo, talk about a squeaker! and yes dandy, i too am glad that's over with. too bad there isn't a : phew! : smiley.

i dont see how the conservatives can be successful in the next election after this episode.

the gomery inquiry will exonerate all sitting liberals, including martin, and the election will be fought over a distant memory of sponsorship, martin and stronach talking up accountability and good governance and a strong budget.

the leadership fight in the conservative party which will follow another defeat will once again expose the disparate portions of the party (tories vs cons) as, hopefully, mackay goes for the top.

barring a minor miracle harper will never be prime minister.

Back
Top Bottom