Questions, Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
speedracer said:
Bama, which college football will cry the most about getting screwed out of a spot in the national title game this year?

Well it certainly won't be the old Crimson Tide since they won't even be in contention for this coveted spot.

ze-unplugged

Bama, do you think Bert and Osama bin Laden are dead or alive?

speedracer said:
i have a bert and ernie check. i know this has nothing to do with that, but i thought i should share that my checks have a sesame street theme.

when i send elvis my check, i wonder which character he'd prefer? my last check i wrote, to pay for my car insurance, was of elmo.

speedracer said:

I am not sure whether The Osama is alive or in hell, though the chances for either of the 2 are near equal.

As for Bert, he has apparently returned to the U.S. but has not met the same consequences as "Taliban John" Walker or the kid from Louisiana. During a bout of insomnia, I was flipping channels late last night and happened uppon the Jerry Springer show, where I saw this:

jerry.jpg

I think Jerry Springer's show is a few days tape delayed.

~U2Alabama

Bama,
well, there's been something bugging me for quite a while now. let me present you with a brief background: during my last year in high school, it wasn't clear to me who i might be going to my senior prom with (as i really wasn't going out with anyone at the time, nor had i been interested in anyone for that matter). well, it turned out that one of my guy friends decided to ask me to attend the prom with him. i said yes, and that was that (so i had thought). well, several days before prom, my best friend (of 12 years at that point) decided to profess her love for the same guy i was supposed to be going to prom with. i seriously had no idea she had the "hots" for him. not only that, she insisted that i not go with him. my reaction was just like, "wtf?!". at the time, i thought that was so selfish and unfair of her to drop a bomb on me like that. i mean, how was i supposed to find another date just a few days before the prom? well, i still went to prom with that guy and pretended nothing had happened. my friendship with this girl basically deteriorated after that incident. and believe it or not, i actually didn't feel all that bad...until about one or two years later. so tell me bama, was i in the wrong? are you still awake reading this? should i be talking to a therapist about this instead of you? this is some really profound stuff for FYM, eh? this wasn't the sort of question you were looking for, was it?

TripThruUreWires said:
so tell me bama, was i in the wrong? are you still awake reading this? should i be talking to a therapist about this instead of you? this is some really profound stuff for FYM, eh? this wasn't the sort of question you were looking for, was it?

No, you were not in the wrong, but your friend's reaction was in the wrong. You were "friends" with your "friend," (obviously), and you were "friends" with the "guy friend," (also obviously). You had no oblgation to consult with her re: your prom date, especially since you had no knowledge of her fondness of him.

Yes, I am still awake.

No, a therapist is not necessary; you were in the right.

And it is profound for FYM, but better a thread be profound as opposed to profane.

This is not the type of question I expected, but I am more than happy to answer it the best I can.

~U2Alabama

Right Mr Bama. This is serious. Why would a football team wait until very late in the season to start playing well? The Swans are floudering around the bottom half of the table, I am too scared to check the exact position. They had a coach leave on them who was known for his bastard tactics, yet managed to previously get them to a GF a few years ago. They tend to win or lose by large margins. They cannot get any consistency at all. What happens to a sports team's psyche to make this happen? How can they overcome it? Should they keep Roos on as coach? I think he will do a great job once he has a full season under his belt. Can they win again?

Should I leave and follow baseball instead? Baseball is a great game I think.

Please help me. I'm feeling very woeful.

Angela Harlem said:
Why would a football team wait until very late in the season to start playing well?...What happens to a sports team's psyche to make this happen? How can they overcome it? Should they keep Roos on as coach?...Can they win again?

Should I leave and follow baseball instead? Baseball is a great game I think.

My own team, the University of Alabama Crimson Tide, did this last year. Early in the season, they lost a few "close" games, then decided to "turn the corner" and win the final 4 games, giving a season final record of 7-5. Frustratingly, it was only a few points from being a much better record. Granted, we had a new coach in his first year. The previous season was horrible, 3-8, but the one before that was like 10-3 or 9-4. Anyway, I think this new coach is making an impact on the team, and improving their psyche along the way. Even though the program is faced with major sanctions for the previous coach's misdeeds, top recruits are coming to play for our new coach.

The can overcome it by focusing on their strengths in the previous seasons late games, and play like that all year. Play every game like it is the title championship game.

They should keep Roos as coach as I think he is leading them in the right direction. If they can win late in the season, they can win early in the season. They can LOSE at ANYTIME.

No, you shouldn't follow baseball; it is a great game, but they are going on strike or something.

~U2Alabama

Why is Tom Brady sporting a goatee?

Are those subliminal messages I'm sending him to emulate :edge: working?

Does this mean he will soon wear a black beanie and start to play guitar?

Of course, Tom still looks mighty fine :D

Gina Marie said:
Why is Tom Brady sporting a goatee?

Goatees are a current fashion trend.

Gina Marie said:
Are those subliminal messages I'm sending him to emulate working?

That depends: were you sending him subliminal messages during last year's Super Bowl? Were you sending him subliminal messages during the Pre-season game vs. the Giants? Were you sending him subliminal messages during last night's game against the Panthers?

Gina Marie said:
Does this mean he will soon wear a black beanie and start to play guitar?

No.

Last edited:
U2Bama said:

were you sending him subliminal messages during last year's Super Bowl? Were you sending him subliminal messages during the Pre-season game vs. the Giants? Were you sending him subliminal messages during last night's game against the Panthers?

Yes, yes, and yes

So my next question is, when is he going to pay attn to my subliminal message that he should sweep me off my feet?

Please don't say never :(

Gratuitous visual aid, sans goatee, because I didn't like the only pic I found of him w/ the goatee

3353462323232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E77%3A%3E43%3B%3Ewsnrcg%3D323239869395%3Bnu0mrj

Anthony said:
Thats it?
Well thats not any good. I want my money back.

Yes, that's pretty much it. But it CAN be good - it all comes down to what you make of it. I have already spent the money, bailing a friend out of jail after getting into trouble at a bar in the UAE.

(Kidding)

~U2Alabama

Gina Marie said:
yes

So my next question is, when is he going to pay attn to my subliminal message that he should sweep me off my feet?

Well, in the Giants game, he couldn't throw a TD, Huard showed him up in stats, and they lost the game.

He will probably pay attention to that subliminal message when he realizes that you are resposible for the subliminal message that guided his Super Bowl win.

~U2Alabama

Re: A typical start

Like O2 said:
Should Texas Tech be embarrassed at losing 45-21 to Ohio State?

They should not be embarassed for losing to Ohio State, but they SHOULD be embarassed for losing 45-21 to Ohio State.

It looks like Iowa State is aspiring to a similar fate at the hands of Florida State tonight, but I think that is because Iowa State's uniforms are ugly.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom