Ohio predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2isthebest said:
Gotcha. Although, I don't seem to recall hearing about Bush 1 being a fantastic or even that popular of a president.

he only lost because the economy was in a down turn

and the public was really concerned about all the deficit spending and balooning national debt.

aside from that he was very decent

Desert Storm was a huge success, we truly had a coalition, and it was well executed with international support

Bush 1's mantra was "a kinder, gentler America"

America's standing internationally was very good.

with that in mind. people voted for W

Everyone I asked said something very much like,
"I liked the old man, this is George Bush , Jr., he's got my vote."

deep said:

W was elected on the presumption that he would be like his Dad

GHW Bush 1 and if he were like his father we would not be living in this nightmare.

It's no secret that a lot of people are supporting Hillary because they long for the Clinton years. I personally believe Bill Clinton is one of our greatest presidents, but we live in a radically different world than we did 8 years ago. The Clinton years are not coming back no matter how badly many might want them to. Hillary Clinton is Hillary Clinton and she would not act in the exact same ways as her husband did just as Bush 2 did not act in the same fashion as his father. I'm getting a sense that a lot of people don't realize that if Hillary wins, she'll be the president and not Bill. So, if you're using that logic, it would be an argument against Hillary because she will not be the same type of president her husband was.

deep said:

he only lost because the economy was in a down turn

and the public was really concerned about all the deficit spending and balooning national debt.

I disagree with Desert Storm at its core, but that's irrelevant. As for the economy I see that he and his son have their fiscal irresponsibility in common. :wink:

I think the Electoral College should be abolished. It wasn't fair that Gore won the popular vote and lost the election in 2000.

U2isthebest said:

I disagree with Desert Storm at its core, but that's irrelevant.

really??

you believe that Saddam should have been allowed to keep Kuwait and possibly take part of Saudi Arabia?

deep said:

really??

you believe that Saddam should have been allowed to keep Kuwait and possibly take part of Saudi Arabia?

Absolutely not. I think we were too quick to rush into a military effort and should have pressed harder for more diplomatic efforts. The Bushes seem to be allergic to non-violent resolutions, though.

verte76 said:
I think the Electoral College should be abolished. It wasn't fair that Gore won the popular vote and lost the election in 2000.

regardless of it being Gore or whoever

they say that if Kerry got 150,000 more votes he would have won the electoral college but still lost the popular vote by something like 3%

the EC should be abolished because it is just pure shit (period)

Verte, why even vote for president n Alabama?

all of your states electoral votes will go to the GOP candidate.

From DailyKos:
Vermont (15), 7 p.m. ET

Ohio (141), 7:30 p.m. ET

Rhode Island (21) 9 p.m. ET

Texas (193) 9 p.m. ET, but El Paso is in a different time zone, so closes an hour later. And, to make things extra complicated, the caucuses begin after the polls close.

Gracias. :hi5:

My prediction: Obama wins Texas, VT, and RI easily, Ohio is close but even if Hillary wins it won't be enough.

The Clinton campaign is finished after tonight, but she'll stay in all the way up to the DNC.

What exit polls are those?

The National Review Online has this:

For the first set, Obama is up by 2 percent in Ohio, Hillary is up by 2 percent in Texas, Hillary is up by 3 percent in Rhode Island and Obama is up by a 2 to 1 margin in Vermont.

The second set is similarly close - Hillary up by 2 percent in Ohio, the two Democrats tied in Texas, Obama ahead by 2 percent in Rhode Island and a similar 2 to 1 margin in Vermont.

anitram said:

For the first set, Obama is up by 2 percent in Ohio, Hillary is up by 2 percent in Texas, Hillary is up by 3 percent in Rhode Island and Obama is up by a 2 to 1 margin in Vermont.

Whoever conducted those exit polls has their head firmly up their ass, it appears.

Deep, you are just simply seeing things the way you want to see them. Your claim that Obama can't win the general election is just WRONG.

I mean, a LARGE number of white REPUBLICANS in Texas are saying they would vote for Obama over McCain. Do you not think it would be HUGE if we could take Texas in the general? Not to mention the fact that McCain does not have a whole lot of support in the bible belt, an area that is usually all red but because of McCain's weakness there and Obama's crossover popularity would give Obama a real opening at taking some of its states.

If these things happen, Obama could be in a position where for the first time in at LEAST a decade, the swing states might not be the be-all end-all deciders that they've been in recent years.

namkcuR said:
Deep, you are just simply seeing things the way you want to see them. Your claim that Obama can't win the general election is just WRONG.

I mean, a LARGE number of white REPUBLICANS in Texas are saying they would vote for Obama over McCain. Do you not think it would be HUGE if we could take Texas in the general? Not to mention the fact that McCain does not have a whole lot of support in the bible belt, an area that is usually all red but because of McCain's weakness there and Obama's crossover popularity would give Obama a real opening at taking some of its states.

I am not invested in any of these candidates.

I have posted in here that I have no candidate.

I do believe W is the worst president, ever.

I have been saying this for several years, now.

If any of the three major candidates win, we will have a drastic change from this current administration.

As for Obama taking Texas or any of the Bible Belt?

I believe this is just wishful thinking by Obama fans.

If Obama can't win your state, he won't win anywhere you suggested.

Ok

we have

Vermont for Obama

Rhode Island for Hillary

and I am calling Ohio for Hillary, too

so we have

Hillary 2

Obama 1

so far.

i fear the worst.

and the worst is a protracted battle between the two.

the Republicans are very excited.

Back
Top Bottom