Did Lee Harvey Oswald Act Alone??? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-09-2003, 12:18 AM   #21
The Fly
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Memphis, TN, 38104
Posts: 226
Local Time: 05:01 AM
Lone Gunman?



Suuuuuuuuuuuure it was a "lone gunman", and he had a bag of Magic friggin' bullets!! I'm certain Mr. Oswald's statement, "I'm a patsy, I'm a patsy!" was completely uninspired right before he lost his life.

I really think that Kmart sold those magic bullets at one time.
__________________

bonofnattic is offline  
Old 01-09-2003, 01:08 AM   #22
MacPhisto's serving wench
 
The_Sweetest_Thing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Inside a bubble
Posts: 3,773
Local Time: 12:01 AM
Whoa...so many of you have mentioned Oliver Stone's JFL, it's scary.

Keep in mind that that was a Hollywood Film. Many of the facts were changed, overexposed, some made up. It's acting. Not to say that it's all false. It is based upon historical fact, but you can't watch one movie and make up your mind.

I myself believe that there were multiple gunman. The several bullet shots confirm this. There is absolutely no way that one or two bullets could have killed JFK and wounded the senator sitting in the front seat.

BTW--Jim Garrison himself was once treated for hallucinations, or some other psychological disorder ...

I do also think that Oswald was killed as his trial may have proven him innocent, thus, pointing figures at other people.

And I believe the CIA was involved. JFK WAS trying to splinter the CIA into smaller portions, thus diminishing their power. However, there are documents that are sealed in US vaults that will not be released until 2052 (I think), after all those involved are dead. I guess we'll see then. I doubt strongly however, theat these documents will point fingers at the uS government. Can you imagine the chaos? The US government kills its own president....power corrupt. The nation divides. I say we're better off NOT knowing.

Let's all play patsy.
__________________

The_Sweetest_Thing is offline  
Old 01-09-2003, 05:43 AM   #23
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Wallyworld
Posts: 571
Local Time: 05:01 AM
I don't think he acted at all....

Wow! This subject has held my interest for many years, and I've read and viewed as much as I can about the subject. I don't buy Posner's song and dance. He gives you lots of interesting facts to support his position, but ignores a few major pieces that point to a conspiracy.

One of the more interesting facts that doesn't get too much mention was that the parade route was changed at the last minute to go past the book depository and thru Dealy Plaza. A map of the original route was run in the Dallas morning papers the day of the assassination. The angry lone nut theory gets completely wiped out when you consider that anyone acting alone would not have knowledge of the switch, and therefore, would not have positioned themselves where they did. (Unless, of course,they were tipped off by the secret service, FBI, or the CIA.)

Stone's JFK is a blend of history and hollywood, but the most important part of the movie is Donald Sutherland's "Man X". Man X is a fictional character created by Stone, and did not meet Garrison on the steps of the Lincoln memorial. However, the information he gives comes from an interview Stone had with a man named Fletcher Prouty. Mr. Prouty was in the military, invovled in special ops. It is his contention(and Stone's) that an alliance consisting of factions within the CIA, FBI, and major defense contractors were involved in the conspiracy. I am currently reading Prouty's book, JFK: The Cia, Vietnam, and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy. He has also put out another book I hope to read, The Secret Team: The CIA and Its Allies in Control of the United States and the World.

In 1963, Kennedy was about to pull the plug on our actions in southeast asia. Defense contracters stood to lose billions of $. JFK had already severly pissed off the CIA by taking away their roll in special ops, re-assigning the job to the Joint Cheifs. He always had an enemy in J. Edgar Hoover. One day all of the above got together and decided to get rid of the guy.
Clark W. Griswold, Jr is offline  
Old 01-09-2003, 05:34 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,652
Local Time: 11:01 PM
Normal

Hello, my name is joyfulgirl and I am addicted to conspiracy theories...

and therefore can never be trusted to have an objective opinion on these matters.
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 01-09-2003, 06:56 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Bono's shades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The back of beyond
Posts: 5,042
Local Time: 11:01 PM
I don't think Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. There's way too much evidence to the contrary. However, I don't believe the conspiracy was as massive as Jim Garrison claimed. I think the truth probably lies somewhere between the lone gunman theory and the Garrison version.
Bono's shades is offline  
Old 01-09-2003, 08:41 PM   #26
New Yorker
 
Scarletwine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Outside it's Amerika
Posts: 2,746
Local Time: 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold, Jr


Stone's JFK is a blend of history and hollywood, but the most important part of the movie is Donald Sutherland's "Man X". Man X is a fictional character created by Stone, and did not meet Garrison on the steps of the Lincoln memorial. However, the information he gives comes from an interview Stone had with a man named Fletcher Prouty. Mr. Prouty was in the military, invovled in special ops. It is his contention(and Stone's) that an alliance consisting of factions within the CIA, FBI, and major defense contractors were involved in the conspiracy. I am currently reading Prouty's book, JFK: The Cia, Vietnam, and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy. He has also put out another book I hope to read, The Secret Team: The CIA and Its Allies in Control of the United States and the World.

In 1963, Kennedy was about to pull the plug on our actions in southeast asia. Defense contracters stood to lose billions of $. JFK had already severly pissed off the CIA by taking away their roll in special ops, re-assigning the job to the Joint Cheifs. He always had an enemy in J. Edgar Hoover. One day all of the above got together and decided to get rid of the guy.
After reading several books on the subject, the Mr. X and and defense contractor involvement was something I came away with from the movie. Thanks, I'll check out Prouty's book.
Scarletwine is offline  
Old 01-09-2003, 10:13 PM   #27
The Fly
 
the olive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Above the golden arch
Posts: 282
Local Time: 05:01 AM
I believe he acted alone. Or at least was the only shooter.

There were numerous witnesses interviewed THAT AFTERNOON that place a white male in the 6th floor window firing a rifle. Come on, that is pretty heavy evidence!
the olive is offline  
Old 01-09-2003, 10:29 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,885
Local Time: 12:01 AM
Yes, there were many who placed a white male on the sixth floor.

What is very interesting to me, is Marina Oswald testified that her husband had made an assasination attempt against extreme right wing General Edwin Walker earlier that year. When he did this he missed due to the bullet nicking a window pane.

The planning, according to Marina, involved detailed maps, and notebook. He also left an envelope with money ect. He basically left this for her in the case he was caught. Marina said after he failed to kill Walker he had taken the evidence and burned it all. The ballistics on the attempt to kill Walker came out a match to Oswalds rifle.

Oswald did not behave in the same manner the day of the Kennedy Assasination. We have a pattern established by his wife, of very detailed and well thought out planning involving Walker, yet none of this left behind on the day Kennedy was killed.

Oswald kills Officer Tippet for no reason at all. This was why he was arrested for the murder of Officer Tippet. Then he walks by the ticket booth and into a theater without paying drawing further attention to himself. It all makes no sense.

I believe he was involved. I do not believe he was alone in it.

I just finished another good book, written by a former Marine Sniper and Homicide Detective. He makes a very good professional analysis of Dealy Plaza and of the 6th Floor of the Book Depository. He loses me later in the book with some of his theories, however, he does make a great case as to where the other three shooters were based on evidence.
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 01-09-2003, 10:49 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,422
Local Time: 05:01 AM
I really think it was some of those in the CIA and the joint cheifs who hatched the idea, and then hired lucky luciano to get some of the mob to do it.
JOFO is offline  
Old 01-10-2003, 01:41 AM   #30
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Wallyworld
Posts: 571
Local Time: 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by the olive
I believe he acted alone. Or at least was the only shooter.

There were numerous witnesses interviewed THAT AFTERNOON that place a white male in the 6th floor window firing a rifle. Come on, that is pretty heavy evidence!

And there are even more witnesses claiming to hear shots from behind the fence that separates the plaza from the rail yard. The Warren Commision heard all this and still couldn't figure it out.
Clark W. Griswold, Jr is offline  
Old 01-10-2003, 07:25 AM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,885
Local Time: 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold, Jr



And there are even more witnesses claiming to hear shots from behind the fence that separates the plaza from the rail yard. The Warren Commision heard all this and still couldn't figure it out.
Clark....

I am sorry to say this statement is not accurate. I have lent my book out with the stats that break down the numbers of witnesses claiming to hear shots from the Grassy Knoll VS other places in Dealey Plaza. This I do remember, that most people heard shots from the Book Depository. When I get ahold of my buddy or the book, I will post the stats for you if you like.

This does not discredit the fact that there were a significant number who also heard shots from the Grassy Knoll.


In 1978 MIT analyzed recordings made from Dealey Plaza and concluded that there were indeed more shots fired than the 3 the Warren Commission states. WHy is this significant? Well, it is debatable that Oswald was able to fire three shots from a bolt action rifle withing 6 seconds.....but it is not debatable that 4 shots were impossible. There had to be a 2nd gunman if the MIT analysis is correct. Posner in his book claims that the recording was not from Dealey Plaza but from somewhere else in the city of Dallas.
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 01-11-2003, 02:10 AM   #32
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Wallyworld
Posts: 571
Local Time: 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox


Clark....

I am sorry to say this statement is not accurate. I have lent my book out with the stats that break down the numbers of witnesses claiming to hear shots from the Grassy Knoll VS other places in Dealey Plaza.
Point taken, I wrongly mistook "white male firing shots from depository" to mean people naming Oswald specifically.


Still, too many witnesses to discount the notion of a frontal kill shot.
__________________

Clark W. Griswold, Jr is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×