Bush Helps Texas Quick...Wonder why!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Bama said:
Dread, it's kind of intriguing that you posted this thread. My wife and I were watching a pre-Rita news update around the same time you were posting this. She made the observation, which kind of ties in with The Disciple's comments below, that "If Bush doesn't respond promptly, then people will be all over him for not responding again, and if he does respond more promptly, then people will say he only did so because it's Texas."

I think if you had not posted this thread, we may have seen some (but not much) of that around here. You may have pre-empted it.

~U2Alabama

Tihs thread was spawned from a similar conversation between my wife and I.:wink:

The Disciple said:

B.S.! There's no way his detractors would let him win on this one.... if he DIDN'T respond quicker than the FED GOVT did 2 Katrina, U'd b all over him 4 that.... since he HAS, U're all over him 'cuz it's TX.... get over Urselves.

I need lesson in, and seriously demand from now on every reply in this forum be written in this quaint little cyber phone text messaging format. I love it. It makes reading a rather ordinary everyday comment a real challenge, and I commend youse all who do it!

:bow:

PS I truly dont know what was said in this reply. Can someone decipher?
:happy:

Angela Harlem said:

I need lesson in, and seriously demand from now on every reply in this forum be written in this quaint little cyber phone text messaging format. I love it. It makes reading a rather ordinary everyday comment a real challenge, and I commend youse all who do it!

:bow:

PS I truly dont know what was said in this reply. Can someone decipher?
:happy:

It says ...ohhh that Angela....she is one hottie.:wink:

The Disciple said:

B.S.! There's no way his detractors would let him win on this one.... if he DIDN'T respond quicker than the FED GOVT did 2 Katrina, U'd b all over him 4 that.... since he HAS, U're all over him 'cuz it's TX.... get over Urselves.

That's right........and the starter of the thread realizes this.

Last edited:
U2Bama said:
I think if you had not posted this thread, we may have seen some (but not much) of that around here. You may have pre-empted it.

~U2Alabama

Ah yes.

Because you know how much those Bushies love pre-emptive strikes.

:wink:

ok

here is some "raw meat"

for partisan infighting

i did not need "katrina"

to conclude the "W" is one of the worst presidents in history

unqualified cronie appointments have been rampant throughout his tenure

that anyone thinks he is doing a marginal competent job is puzzling to me

I know quite a few influential GOP major players
that are just waiting for him to term out.

But, if you want a comparison of his action or inaction to Katrina

look at how the administration
was there for Florida when they got hit by the hurricanes before the 2004 election.

there was no major outcry of Feds failing Florida,

but then Florida mattered - it was in play in the election,
and GB1 is believed to have lost FL in 92 because of his poor response to a hurricane

Rove and company are there when there is a payoff for them.

George Bush doesn't care about Black people

unless there is a payoff

influential Black Minister's in Ohio got "Faith Based Money"
to impact contested Ohio election to W column

Armstrong Williams got payola for propaganda.

ROFL Dread...

I thought the Mrs. had spiked your coffee. Or WHAT are you on anyway? I'd like some....:wink: Please tell me yr secret in Oct...:)

PS. I have had a crazy schedule and haven't been online in a few days. Haven't checked my mail either. I'll do it Monday..I need to have my questions about the GA answered....(how late it's possible to get there to get a decent spot...I don't care about being inside the ellipse....I wasn't inside in '01....)

deep said:
ok

here is some "raw meat"

for partisan infighting

i did not need "katrina"

to conclude the "W" is one of the worst presidents in history

unqualified cronie appointments have been rampant throughout his tenure

that anyone thinks he is doing a marginal competent job is puzzling to me

I know quite a few influential GOP major players
that are just waiting for him to term out.

But, if you want a comparison of his action or inaction to Katrina

look at how the administration
was there for Florida when they got hit by the hurricanes before the 2004 election.

there was no major outcry of Feds failing Florida,

but then Florida mattered - it was in play in the election,
and GB1 is believed to have lost FL in 92 because of his poor response to a hurricane

Rove and company are there when there is a payoff for them.

unless there is a payoff

i wish i could disagree with even a word of this ... but i can't.

spot on.

it is amazing how polarized we are; what is thuddingly obvious to some of us is seen as hot air to others. no judgements, just an observation.

i mean, honestly, every word you wrote i was all, "yes, of course, yes, mm-hmm, yes, yup, exactly, yes, of course, duh, everyone knows this ..."

I am amazed that this thread is taking the usual turn...

Clearly I must be a totaly unintelligent person to see the "thuddingly obvious"....

Oh Irvine...

Can't we just make a point without sounding so .... oh I do not know.....

Dreadsox said:
I am amazed that this thread is taking the usual turn...

Clearly I must be a totaly unintelligent person to see the "thuddingly obvious"....

Oh Irvine...

Can't we just make a point without sounding so .... oh I do not know.....

this gets to the heart of what i was saying.

i said what seems thuddingly obvious to some seems like hot air to others. it goes in both directions. i keep looking at your posts about the mayor and the governor of NOLA and it's all, "same old same old ... excuse bush at every opportunity."

however, as i also said, it's an observation, not a judgement. what seems thuddingly obvious to you might seem like a bunch of hot air to me.

thus, we get at a truth about this president: he's tremendously polarizing, capable of creating alternate realities for different kinds of people.

but if you can only reply to the "tone" of my comments, instead of the comments themselves, i suppose i must be doing something wrong.

however, in my view, what it sounds like, to me, is that the Bush defenders are grasping at staws after *another* colossal failure of this government.

Irvine511 said:

however, in my view, what it sounds like, to me, is that the Bush defenders are grasping at staws after *another* colossal failure of this government.

Deeps post had NOTHING to do with Katrina.

And the point I have made since day one of this in the forum is summed up by the quote in my signature.

The comment above absolutely is insulting to anyone who believes that the failures were systematic. The comment above is insulting because I have not been grasping at straws, but linking to the Red Cross, linking to the LA laws and making the point that the failures that took place were not the Federal Gov'ts alone.

Dreadsox said:
I figured I woulod get the jump on this one.:wink:

Wow thats funny. You should try stand up.

Enough with the bashing of Bush. You people make yourselves sound so stupid. Do you think because you can identify someones imperfections or ways of doing things that are different from what you would do, your a better person? Why dont we watch every move of yours and then make forums dedicated to how much better we are than you.

You are ones who elected him. Hes in office for another 2 1/2 years. If you dont like it, dont vote for him. If you did vote for him, obviously you have the minority opinion.

deep said:

unless there is a payoff

First of all...WAKE UP do you really think that the fact that there was not enough aid brought to a city who was given a mandatory evacuation long before the hurricane hit, is ONE mans fault. Do you also think that the president of the United States consciously dismisses an entire race of people because there was slow response on every level (not just fed) to a national tragedy.
You democrats sound so stupid sometimes.

Re: Re: Bush Helps Texas Quick...Wonder why!!!

SteveDizzle said:

Enough with the bashing of Bush. You people make yourselves sound so stupid.

You gotta love newbies. You make yourself sound stupid you attack someone who if you knew anything isn't someone who "bashes" Bush. :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Bush Helps Texas Quick...Wonder why!!!

SteveDizzle said:

Enough with the bashing of Bush. You people make yourselves sound so stupid. Do you think because you can identify someones imperfections or ways of doing things that are different from what you would do, your a better person? Why dont we watch every move of yours and then make forums dedicated to how much better we are than you.

You are ones who elected him. Hes in office for another 2 1/2 years. If you dont like it, dont vote for him. If you did vote for him, obviously you have the minority opinion.

Wow...

it's fun being me....

getting slammed by both sides....

Oh....you may want to aquaint yourself with the forum rules....

And please, think before you type....I do not want anyone to associate my posisitons with yours.

Re: Re: Re: Bush Helps Texas Quick...Wonder why!!!

BonoVoxSupastar said:

You gotta love newbies. You make yourself sound stupid you attack someone who if you knew anything isn't someone who "bashes" Bush. :rolleyes:

Hehehe......

Imagine that...me getting bashed by a Bush supporter.....:wink:

Now clearly this is why bush won the red states....they are confused about who they should be attacking.:drunk:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush Helps Texas Quick...Wonder why!!!

Dreadsox said:

Hehehe......

Imagine that...me getting bashed by a Bush supporter.....:wink:

Now clearly this is why bush won the red states....they are confused about who they should be attacking.:drunk:

:lol:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bush Helps Texas Quick...Wonder why!!!

Moonlit_Angel said:

:laugh: :D.

Dread, in case I haven't made this clear to you, you're a very cool person :).

Angela

The feelings are mutual:dance:

Welcome to FYM, SteveDizzle.

FYI, the Bushwhackers know the Bush Lovers think we are stupid;
just as the Bush Lovers know that the Bushwhackers think the Bush Lovers are delusional.

OK, Dread is a Bush Lover, but Damnit, he is our Bush Lover and we are very fond of him.

Also, on a whole, we're a pretty battle-worn group, so if you want to demoralize us, you'll have to try harder.

Again, welcome to the forum.

BonosSaint said:

OK, Dread is a Bush Lover, but Damnit, he is our Bush Lover and we are very fond of him.

I am a Bush lover? Really....is that truly the perception of me?

I like to think of myself as a Bush defender...since he cannot do it himself.

Hmmmm....:huh:

Said with all humor and affection. No, I don't think of you as a Bush Lover, Dread. Just a really, really, really staunch defender.

PS, Dread. I don't consider myself a Bushwhacker, either, but since we seem to find it impossible to accept gradation in this forum, I accept the term cheerfully.

Back
Top Bottom